[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mother's Day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1441269826231.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1441269826231.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>be me, 19 y/o college kid, grew up Muslim but family wasn't too strict about it so I'm essentially an agnostic Muslim
>started working for the first time 2nd semester, making money feels great
>notice I'm saving up quite a bit and mother's day is around the corner
>i'd never been able to buy my mom anything cause I'd have to ask my dad for the money and he's a dick about money
>decide to buy her a new iPad since she has the old original one and its falling apart
>i hide it somewhere she won't find it and wait until sunday
>Today: wake up in the morning, gotta run to work and she fucking yells at me about some stupid religious bullshit
>i literally have to argue with her before I leave the fucking house and wind up late for work
>on the drive over, i genuinely wanted to just take the gift she doesn't know about and return it

why should I give her anything if she's so shitty to me? Why shouldn't I just keep the fucking iPad for myself? Every fucking time I try and be a good son, this old bitch judges my every fucking move. Can't do anything nice for her and a large part of me just wishes she wasn't around anymore so I don't have to deal with her shit. What should i do?
>>
I argue with my mother a lot and I also come from a muslim household. However I usually apologize despite feeling I may have had a leg up in the argument. Don't let petty shit ruin your relationship with your mother. I'm assuming you come from an immigrant background so its safe to assume your mother had to put up with a lot of your shit in addition to being a fish out of water.

Give her the IPad and sick it up.
>>
>>17118695
Calm down.

It should be obvious to you, even in your anger, that right now you are thinking with your anger, not your brain. You chose to give her a present when you were being rational.

Which way of thinking is more likely to be right?
>>
You need to chill. Everyone argues with their parents. If we all decided not be nice to each other over every argument, we'd all hate each other. Suck it up. Do your good deed and give your mother the iPad you bought.

You didn't grow up to where you are alone. She raised you.
>>
>>17118756
>raised
actually beat the shit out of me as a kid and verbally abused me daily. I got picked on at grade school then got it worse when I came home. Going into puberty I had already contemplated and once attempted suicide because I had no where else to go.

Then I realized that was fucking stupid and that my only way out of all this bullshit is to do amazing in school. Which i did. I pulled myself out of my depression, formed my own values that don't align with their backwards way of thinking and I did so well in school that I got a full ride scholarship to any fucking school I want, no expense paid on the part of my selfish parents so I owe them nothing.

as a kid, i promised myself I'd get as far as I could from these fuckers who made my childhood a mental hell. As I grew up i tried (and am still trying to) get past that and forgive them. However, I can't fix the fact that they're just genuinely shitty, selfish people. At this point the only kind of relationship I see myself having with them in the future is purely transactional. I'll give them enough of the money I make to live comfortably, but thats it. No calls, not even gonna live in the same city as them.
>>
>>17118695
That sounds lile moms, they want the best for you so they will jugmental
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.