[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need tomorrow off work to go to an event with friends and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: vnimuia.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vnimuia.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
I need tomorrow off work to go to an event with friends and I organised a shift swap with another friend but my manager intervened and cancelled it.

This means my work place now knows I need tomorrow off, so if were to call in sick, that would be under heavy scrutiny and I'm pretty indispensable but I'm not sure how far they could go. They would be massively pissed off for a while anyway.

As a internet-dweller, I don't get loads of opportunities to attend social gatherings.

If I give in and just go to work, I will probably extremely annoyed at every customer and never forgive myself for selling my enjoyment to Walmart.

Can I get around this?
>>
>>17116910
why did the manager cancelled?
And it sounds you're screwed
>>
>>17116910
Go, get fired, wait a month and re apply. Your boss can fire you but likely has no say on who the company hires
>>
>>17116914
the manager thinks the person i swapped shifts with could not work in the department that i work in
>>
Just call in sick and take whatever punishment you get, you sound like you already made up your mind
>>
>>17116922
Well what can we say?
It's your choice and you already know the punishment if it fails, so why are you asking?

Honestly if you don't like walmart you might just try getting another job.
>>
>>17116923
I'm a total pussy so i'm pretty much guaranteed i'll be going to work. I'm just going to hate myself for it
>>
>>17116910
just reschedule your meet dumb ass.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.