[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there's this company that i am dying to get into, and i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1462571155993.jpg (40 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1462571155993.jpg
40 KB, 500x418
there's this company that i am dying to get into, and i realized i sent my resume and portfolio to the wrong email that was listed on their site...

should i send another to the correct email address? i've only realized it was wrong after a week that i applied.
>>
>>17116420
should i tell them that i made a mistake or do i continue like it never happened? they haven't responded yet.
>>
>>17116416
>>17116430
You dumbass, if you used the wrong email then they didn't get your first one. Just resend what you wrote the first time.
>>
>>17116446
it was the wrong email in the sense that, it's still one of their company e-mails, but it was a general one instead of their career-oriented one.

i kind of figured they might've forwarded my email to the appropriate department, but the lack of response makes me think that they probably didn't get to it yet. (not even to reject me)
>>
>>17116416
>>17116470
Re-send it to the correct address. Sure, it might be a little weird if the same resume is sent twice, but it's definitely not worth risking the resume not being sent at all.
>>
One of two things will happen when they see your first email. The person who looks after the general inbox will just delete it as they'll see it has no relevance, or they'll be kind enough to forward it to the recruitment inbox. Chances are small that this person will care enough to do this. So send your second one to the correct email address just in case.

The recruiters/HR will either proceed with your application/expression of interest. If they see a duplicate email with your resume and which has been forwarded, they will simply delete it as being redundant.

Doubtful there will be a scenario where some HR advisor will look at the duplicate email and be like "Hang on... ANOTHER email? Hmm... something is amiss. We should black-list this person." Why would they?
>>
>>17116657
>>17116702
wew, thanks guys. i wrote another email so it wouldn't look like i copy-pasted (pretty sure that's inappropriate anyway) and now i'm crossing my fingers for a response of any sort...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.