[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prom's tonight /adv. Give any tips, advice, things to avoid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 11670.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
11670.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
Prom's tonight /adv. Give any tips, advice, things to avoid please.
>>
>>17116080
Do you have a date or are you going with friends? Also, how much money have you already dropped and how do you plan to drop over the course of the evening?
>>
>>17116084
I don't have a date. I'm not really going with friends either. I'm not eating dinner with anyone but once I get to prom I'll probably be able to hang with some groups. I kind of decided to go last minute, and I'm not really part of any friend groups per se. Spent a hundred or so to rent a tux, that's it so far though. Planning on taking some phenibut before I go out, cause I don't want to have to drink too much.
>>
>>17116103
Be social but not intrusive, funny but don't try to hard, have an idea of how to dance before you make the attempt.
>>
>Prom
WOW. have fun enjoy your youth
>>
>>17116115
Could you be more specific?
>>
>>17116103
>don't have a date. I'm not really going with friends either. I'm not eating dinner with anyone
You're pretty naïve anon. If you don't have anyone going into, you're going to have a bad time. You think you can just crash a previously set group? I won't go well. At best you'll be a third wheel and at worst they'll tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>17116134
This
>>
>>17116080
Don't get anyone pregnant. Do not drink and drive.

Enjoy the event but don't over-romanticize it.

Take the opportunity to wear something special that makes you feel special and unique.

Dance, even if you feel like a fool doing so. Allow yourself the pleasure.
>>
>>17116080
It's just a dance, don't take the hollywood shit seriously.

Have fun, enjoy your youth, don't be an asspie and fuck up your life
thats literally it
>>
>>17116080
>any tips, advice, things to avoid please
posting on 4chan when you're under 18 is against the rules. Enjoy your ban
>>
>>17116080
Do karaoke with a big group.
>>
>>17116080
>prom

Waste of money on a girl you probably only going to see once.
>>
Dont take it to seriously. It is a fun night but a rather small blip on the radar of your life. Be smart if you are going to have sex or drink. Not do drugs and drive safe. God speed and good lick.
>>
>9 year ago
>high ego extreme pizza face manlet computer nerd at my high school SOMEHOW gets one of the 10/10's to go with him to the prom months in advance
>talks about how it's all about confidence, being yourself and taking charge
>whole school is abuzz about this shit, he's coming off like hot shit
>drops money for a fancy suit, her dress, and a private limo for the two of them
>he doesn't even work, all money from mom and dad for their manly son
>you almost hear nothing from the girl
>prom night comes up, they roll on up and he's all fancy and shit, holding her hand helping her out of the limo
>they get inside, and she immediately joins her group of friends and links arms with one of the guys of the football team
>he was probably delusional or couldn't believe it was happening, so he acted like he was now part of their group, but you can tell within 5 minutes that none of them gave him even an ounce of attention
>everyone who attended witnessed what is quite literally the most cucked motherfucker we ever seen in our lives at the time
> the guy just disappeared into the crowd among his other computer nerd friends
>the next week "someone" scatters an anonymous website link around school
>it's some kind of website with a hate letter bashing on the girl for what she did to him, probably thinking people would side with him
>he becomes a fucking laughingstock, everyone calling him an emotional faggot and an idiot for thinking she would be interested in him
>he becomes the most introverted fucker in the whole school
>now he's a fatass too
>whenever someone mentions high school prom, even in passing, he explodes about "that fucking bitch"

If you really want to make prom memorable, go cuck some guy. You'll be the hottest shit in school and everyone will remember it.
>>
>>17116337
Why do you write as though the guy was in the wrong? That sounds terrible.
>>
http://www.theonion.com/graphic/prom-planning-tips-8052
>>
Get off 4chan you're probably not even legal.

Also kek you have nothing no date or friends. The prom night is going to be so shit
>>
I managed to get a girl I had been admiring for two years to go with me. We went separately, met there, got pictures, never danced, and parted ways at the end. She then went to school in Switzerland. I expected nothing (only brought it up the day before) and was still disappointed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.