[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What causes you to talk in your sleep? My roommate has mentioned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: pappu.jpg (78 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
pappu.jpg
78 KB, 657x527
What causes you to talk in your sleep?

My roommate has mentioned on multiple occassions that I talk in my sleep. He says it sounds like I'm having conversations with people, and sometimes I laugh as well. The other day he said when I was sleeping I was listing off numbers. At first he thought I was talking to him but he realized I was just sleep talking again.

I've noticed I can remember some of my dreams very accurately, whereas my roomate says he can hardly remember any of his at all. What causes this to differ from person to person?

Also, how can I stop talking in my sleep? I don't want future roommates to think I'm weird.
>>
It's not weird, it's a common thing a lot of people do so don't worry about it.

As far as why, I can only guess it's how your brain doesn't completely freeze your body during sleep as its meant to (to keep you from sleepwalking and hurting yourself). Sleepwalkers have it much worse. I don't think there's a cure for either thing, and it's just how your brain manages your body during sleep, keeping you slightly...unfrozen.
>>
>>17115595
When you close your eyes and you go to sleep
And it's down to the sound of a heartbeat
I can hear the things that you're dreaming about
When you open up your heart and the truth comes out
>>
>The other day he said when I was sleeping I was listing off numbers
He should note the numbers and use them to create a deadly game where you kill aliens.
>>
When I talk or laugh in my sleep, it wakes me up

I Iike it when I have a funny dream and literally laugh myself awake
>>
I talk in my sleep on a regular basis and I hate the idea of my deepest darkest secrets coming out my dumb mouth
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.