[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sacrifices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: HELPMEDONTLOOKATTHISPHOTO.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
HELPMEDONTLOOKATTHISPHOTO.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
So my girlfriend of 16 months has her 18th birhtday coming up soon, but i have this trip planned with all my classmates and friends that just happens to fall on the same day as her birthday. its a 2 day one night trip as our graduation trip. so im really conflicted because its my last year with my classmates and it maybe a moment that i need and cant go back to. but also its my girlfriends 18th birthday and she was there when it was mine with a big suprise and all these things planned. I know that i should give back and treat her just like i want to be treated, with respect and loyaty, but i just dont want to regret spending these last moments with my classmates and friends before we graduate. How should i go around handeling this situation?
>>
>>17114417
Chances are that your relationship with your gf will end sooner or later; she is young and so are you. Your friends, on the other hand, may be with you forever.
>>
>>17114417

Surprise her by taking her on the trip dumbass
>>
>>17114428
but this was my first real relationship and i dont really feel comfortable leaving her, i can sense loyalty with her and i know she will let me go to the trip but its more of an im not going to leave her alone on her bday when she was there for mine i just cant stand imagining it.
>>
>>17114449
its only for my class
>>
>>17114417

>high school
>important

Let me put it another way anon. If these guys are truly your friends you guys will have MUCH more fun times in the future. There will never be a point in your adult life where you will ruminate on whether or not you went on a camping trip. On the flip side a high school relationship won't be that important either.

Do whatever you want to anon, don't stress out about 'missed opportunities'. Unless you plan on becoming a hermit in the next year you will have lots and lots of other chances
>>
Why not have an early or later celebration? As long as you celebrate it with her does it matter if it's on her actual birthday or not?
>>
File: 1462505050807.jpg (121 KB, 2032x820) Image search: [Google]
1462505050807.jpg
121 KB, 2032x820
>>17114417
>but i have this trip planned with all my classmates and friends that just happens to fall on the same day as her birthday

It's a fork in the road of life. You can choose your friends or choose your gf. An 18th birthday is a big deal for some. Could you spend the day before with your gf and celebrate it then until midnight? Make it special for her, she might appreciate that. At least technically you'd still see her on her birthday.
>>
>>17114518
This. Throw her a small surprise party a couple days before. Get some good cupcakes at a bakery (a full cake will be too big since she'll have that in a few days anyway), buy a cute gift, and take her out on a date somewhere fun that she enjoys and followup with dinner. Also buy a cute souvenir on the trip and give it to her when you get back.
>>
>>17114513
thanks for the advise ill think about it in that perspective
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.