[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beard Style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 20160506_000130.jpg (389 KB, 898x805) Image search: [Google]
20160506_000130.jpg
389 KB, 898x805
So my beard is kinda bad looking, it's scruffy and thick I bought a shaving and trimming kit recently but I don't know how I can shave it to compliment my feature. Few things

>Have a big head and face
>I hide my shitty jawline with a beard
>I also hide a double chin I'm embarrassed at

What are some good styles anyone can reccomend?
>>
>>17114289
Clean shaven.
Unless you lack a chin.
>>
>>17114289
Hey OP. Most people don't have great jawlines, so don't think you need to hide it.

If you've a double-chin, I'd suggest you eat less or increase your exercise, rather than hide one feature of an unhealthy lifestyle.

That being said, beards can give many a man a very dignified look, especially when paired with glasses. So if you find your beard to be unruly, I suggest you trim it short, and utilize combs and beard oils/balms. They are extreeemely hipster items but they work very well.
>>
>>17114295
I have a double chin I dont like it so I want to just get a beard to hide it until I can get rid of double chin
>>
>>17114307
So your thinking keep it short and thin?
>>
>>17114321
Only at first. If that's your beard, I'd say it looks pretty good. No patches, connected mustache and beard, as well as a natural grimace to compliment the style.

It looks fine to me, in fact you have very good beard genes, but if you're overly worried about the look, trimming it short may be an option for you.
>>
>>17114335
It is full and everything but it's very thick so idk if I should trim it very low or not
>>
>>17114348
There's nothing wrong with a thick beard. If you think it looks bad then give trimming it a go for a little while. both trimmed and thick beards look fine.

That being said, if having a thick beard is affecting your self confidence, I suggest trimming it ASAP.
>>
>>17114377
The thing affecting my self confidence it my weak jawline and double chin which I don't know if it'll show if I trim it down heavily
>>
>>17114398
My friend, has anyone ever been cruel enough to say that to you, or are you being critical of yourself?

If you want to be model-level of attractiveness then I'm afraid you have to be born with it. Us normal guys typically just have to work with what we've got, lol.

Don't sweat it too much. If you like how it looks now, then keep it. If you want to experiment to find out what you like more, then give it a go. Most American men can't grow a great beard regardless, so please consider yourself fortunate in that regard!
>>
>>17114411
Yeah it's just my hating it no one has ever talked about it, I'm portuguese so that's were my facial hair comes from I can grow it stupdily fast
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.