[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>girl at work offered to take me out to get me drunk for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1456462783562.png (244 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1456462783562.png
244 KB, 480x368
>girl at work offered to take me out to get me drunk for the first time in my life
>have no idea what I'd be like drunk

How do I not fuck this up? How do I avoid revealing my powerlevel?

I'm about 5 1/2 feet tall and about 160 lbs. This won't be my first time drinking any alcohol, just my first time drinking enough to feel an effect from it.

From what /r9k/ said:
>take it slow
>stand up regularly
>drink water
>probably 2 to 4 beers will be the right amount
>>
If she wants to get you drunk, let her get you drunk. Just remember to cut it off once you hit that magic feeling. If you start having memory problems, cut it off and start sipping water. Otherwise you'll puke
>>
>>17114067
>that magic feeling
How will I recognize that? And how do I keep myself from saying something I'll regret?
>>
>>17114072

>You don't go from sober to absolute fucking blacked out unless you take a fifth of Jameson to the face
>You'll know not to drive a car, you won't say something stupid
>Stick to beer, no more then 1 shot AT MOST
>>
Number one is just be you and dont be afraid of speaking your mind when youre drunk. Good luck, hope you fuck!
>>
>>17114126
>speaking your mind when youre drunk
That sounds like my worst nightmare. I need to make sure I don't say anything bad. There are so many bad things I could say.
>>
>>17114072
Depends on what you're drinking. I'm not a fan nor an advocate of drinking to get drunk, but if that's your goal, then the point is where you feel like everything is a little muted or slow. You'll be talking more freely than you normally do, and casual conversation won't be so hard. If you're slurring your words or the world seems like it's on a delay for a second or two, you've had too much and are proper drunk. Don't go beyond that.

A couple of shots of hard liquor will get you going to the point you want, with four or five beers getting you nicely buzzed. Drink regularly, not all at fucking once, or you'll get drunk and sick quicker.

Realistically speaking, though, if your co-worker is looking to get you drunk, she's pretty much controlling your intake for the night. Stop drinking when you don't feel good or right anymore. If your stomach starts hurting, or you start salivating a lot, you're about to puke; go outside, or to the bathroom, and just let it happen. It's probably better you get the experience out of the way sooner than later, so you know what it's like.

Don't fuck anybody when you're drunk, and don't try to fuck, it'll just be awkward and unfun for everybody involved. Do it while you're sober.
>>
>>17114144
>Don't fuck anybody when you're drunk, and don't try to fuck, it'll just be awkward and unfun for everybody involved.
Ya, this was never going to be a sexual thing or even a "date".
>>
>>17114130
Unless you get shitface drunk, you'll retain most of your restraint. Just let them guide conversations if you're so worried about saying anything bad.

What constitutes bad, by the way? You worried you're going to make some crude joke and piss people off, or sperg out about your waifu collection?
>>
>>17114164
>You worried you're going to make some crude joke and piss people off, or sperg out about your waifu collection?
Could be those things, some combination of them, or a lot of things. I'm not the weirdest guy on this site by a longshot, but my powerlevel is enough that I can't even imagine what the normies would say if I let it all out.
>>
It's pretty gay not to be able to handle your alcohol, but don't go into it trying to control yourself and think about what will go wrong or feeling insecure, embrace the loosening of inhibitions and be wild and funny and a more open version of yourself.
Stop trying to care about what impression you make and you'll make the best impression, assuming you're not a mongoloid.
>>
>>17114203
Also
>girl at work offered to take me out to get me drunk for the first time in my life
You buy your own drinks and control your own intake. Don't be somebody's bitch, ever, especially a girl's. Doesn't matter if you've never done something before, pretend like you have and act like you have.
>>
>>17114210
>You buy your own drinks and control your own intake
Maybe I didn't word it right, I was always going to be buying my own drinks.

>>17114203
>assuming you're not a mongoloid
Define mongoloid.
>>
>>17114215
Assuming you aren't missing half your teeth, go "durrrr" when you speak and spazz out if someone looks at you. I'm sure you're fine. Worry less.
>>
File: 1450466275879.gif (206 KB, 210x224) Image search: [Google]
1450466275879.gif
206 KB, 210x224
>>17114099
Some boring motherfuckers on /adv/.

Fuck beer, good beer is too expensive and shit beer is shit. Beer is for a warm summer day with your friends where you're not trying to get drunk.

Jameson is a good choice, but Jim is better, cheaper too. 2 to 3 shots per hour. Stop around 9 since you're a beginner.

Load up on carbs and veggies before hand, nothing spicy. I like a turkey sandwich from subway with spinach, mustard and green peppers. It'll help with the hangover the next day, slows the absorbtion of alcohol into your blood. Lots of water is good too. Fruit the morning after. Oranges and bananas are best, you need potassium.

Be sure to stand up every now and again, drunk will sneak up on you if you stay seated.

Cheers mate!
>>
>>17114053
I'm dubious of the responses you are getting OP so I hope you see this.

here are the keys to making sure you stay much more sober than her and therefore will stay out of trouble no matter what you do bc you are drunk.

1. drink water. a lot of water. in the lead up to going to the bar. so say you are going from work. bring some water with you to work. make sure you drink as much as you can stand at lunch etc. you want to sneak as much of that shit as you can b4 u get to the bar

2. eat well that day. an empty stomach is a lot easier to get retarded on.

3. pace yourself. don't get ahead of her in drinks. this sounds obvious but guys get nervous and they think its time to show off and they tend to be retarded. just keep in mind the pace she is going at and match it. also don't be afraid to slow it down a little if you need to, she won't think less of you if you skip a round in a way that doesn't make it seem like you are afraid.

4. shots. women love shots. women are really annoying drinkers. try not to end up in an annoying shot-drinking session with her just bc thats often a shitshow. BUT EVEN IF you do. if you have followed the other steps. you'll manage fine.

gl hf
>>
>5 and a half feet tall

Are you a girl by any chance op? Keep in mind women (especially short women) hold their liquor more poorly.
>>
>>17114072
stop when you feel good. when it fades a little ride it out and just have a tiny bit more. this is how you maintain.
>>
>>17114419
No, just a manlet
>>
>>17114336
Fuck you sunshine, good beer is worth the money compared to most alcohol out there
>>
just make sure you don't drive home so take a taxi.
>>
>>17114053
Keep an eye on all your drinks. If you suspect anything happened to it, Ie ruffies. Dont drink it.
>>
>>17114607
They're going to drive, so no problem there.

>>17114613
If that's what she wants, all she had to do was ask tbqh
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.