[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do if all my neighbors are morning people pieces of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 620x387
What do I do if all my neighbors are morning people pieces of shit? I work at night mostly so this shit doesn't work at all, I have dogs barking, lawn mowers, trucks and utility vehicles and all this shit going off at like 6-10 in the morning and none of them give a fuck.

All I hear is "oh it's 6 you should be up anyway for work" when I ask for advice but no I work 5-12 every night. Why the fuck does everyone assume that every person wakes up at 6:30 for work even if I did have a 9-5 I wouldn't be up that early.

I don't really want to go door to door and just ask hey can you wait until noon to be loud inconsiderate retards
>>
>>17112110
Normies will never accept your night shifts.
>earplugs
>>
>>17112110
Earplugs, noise canceling headphones, black out curtains, take a short nap before work, any of those will help.
>>
Move house.
Ask everyone nicely to consider doing chores an hour or two later.
Or learn to sleep on 6 hours and have a nap during the day.
>>
6 hours is fine, stop being a LIL BITCH
>>
Yeah night shifts suck and will make you die younger. Black out curtains, earplugs, decent insulation and double or triple glazed windows yo. I play drums so rather than bitch about my neighbours lack of enthusiasm for my constant noise I just soundproof the space.
>>
>>17112110
Nothing you can do to stop them. Shift workers are second-class citizens and will never be accommodated. The only thing you can do is isolate yourself from the noise with earplugs.
>>
>>17112110
Grow up. Or if you really can't deal with it, move somewhere else.

I live in an urban ghetto right next to a major expressway and a 24 hour train station. There's noise all the time, especially in the summer when I leave the windows open. Non-stop traffic and the train passing by, which is 24 hours. Then just basic cars honking and people yelling and arguing, and dogs barking and planes/helicopters flying overhead. Not to mention the occasional gunshot.

I deal with it, if you can't, then move. You can't expect everyone else to bend over backwards just for you.
>>
>>17112845
>Grow up
>deal with it

Almost had the "Welcome to Life" hattrick there.
Your advice is shite. Stop posting.
>>
>>17113154

But that is good advice, even if it's not the advice you want to hear. Sometimes, you gotta deal with the factors that are out of your control, such as Early Bird Neighbors. Like what the other guy said, get earplugs/noise cancellers (as in white noise), move, or suck it up.
>>
>>17112110
the other thing you can do is have some background noise to help you sleep. seems to work for me
>>
>>17112110
>What do I do if all my neighbors are morning people pieces of shit? I work at night mostly so this shit doesn't work at all, I have dogs barking, lawn mowers, trucks and utility vehicles and all this shit going off at like 6-10 in the morning and none of them give a fuck.
See, that's the normal world. Everything is supposed to go off at 6-10 in the morning and you're calling your neighbors pieces of shit because of it? Don't be mad at them for doing what they're supposed to be doing. You're showing how much of an entitled brat you are because you want everyone to tip-toe around your abnormal schedule. You sound like a feminist.
>>
Stop being so entitled. The world doesn't have to cater to you. Normal people do normal things during the day. They don't have to stop because you have an abnormal schedule
>>
>>17113154
I suppose you could look into your municipality's noise regulations, but you're probably going to find that construction hours start somewhere between 6am and 8am. 10am is practically lunch. As for road noise or barking dogs, well, thats part of living in populated areas.

I hate to break it to you, but its the best advice you're likely to get. You work an off-shift. The rest of the world has shit to do, you're not a special snow flake, and nobody cares. Its up to you to adapt. If the only time I can get the landscapers in at is 9:15 you're just gonna have to deal with hearing a leaf blower.

>buy ear plugs
>buy a sound machine
>invest in light blocking curtains
>look into sound proofing your bedroom
>>
Get some of those disposable foam earplugs. I live at home and sleep 10pm-6am, earplugs are a godsend.
>>
I had this problem. earplugs and wrapping a scarf around my head helped.
>>
>>17112110
Find out your local noise laws OP.
Here you can't start making serious noise until after seven. But you could also talk to your neighbors, do they know you work late? If you mentioned it they might do their noisy work later in the morning.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.