[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone read this book? I've heard good things about it apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 893x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 893x1360
Anyone read this book? I've heard good things about it apparently he author is gay. How can a gay man right a book on how to be masculine and what it means to be a man?
>>
>How can a gay man right a book on how to be masculine and what it means to be a man?

This is bait, right? Not all faggots are fruits. Sexual deviancy doesn't make you more or less masculine
>>
Homosexuality and masculine ideals are not exclusive. You're weird anon.
>>
>>17111814
I understand this but if you are writing an entire book on what it means to be masculine you should be straight in my opinion. I mean a large part of being a man is women. I know I've rustled someone's jimmies with that statement but a man who is into other men whether he identifies as masculine or feminine is less of a masculine than a straight man.
>>
I mean the fucking guy identifies as a homosexual but is a critic of gay culture and is against gay marriage.
>>
>>17111803
>>17111838
being gay does not make you less masculine

the guy writes a (pretty good book imo) about being masculine

he's not teaching you how to get women
>>
>>17111838
I don't know man. I can definitely see a lesbian writing a book on what it means to be feminine. I can see a lesbian write about perceived feminine virtues, about feminine clothes, about periods, about makeup, about interpersonal relationships, about experience in the workforce as a woman, about public appearances as a woman, about dealing with sexism, and so forth. If a lesbian could write such a book then why isn't the opposite equally acceptable.
>>
>>17111803
son, some gay men have been the face of masculinity - i.e alexander the great.
>>
>>17111904
I dunno I guess it's kind of like he double standard. For instance how men don't get so upset about women being gay as they do about men being gay.
>>
jeffrey dahmer had artwork of muscular men hanging up in his apartment 213 where all the fun happened.

i'm not gay but i think some homosexuals really get into the whole worship of the masculine male thing. i know some gay guys who are way more masculine than me. i think it's kind of cool actually because women are just baby making machines with flabby bodies and men are golden gods and whatnot.

yep... totally straight.
>>
>>17111803
It uses a lot of analogies from history, although its obvious his veiw on the world does not involve women. He says the height of masculinity is gangs
>>
Well he's a man... and considering his interest is men it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>17111803
Also the book is so small you can get through it in an afternoon, just read it yourself numbnuts
>>
>>17111803
anyone can be manly nig. good b8 tho.
>>
>>17111803
This thread might be relevent to my predicament and fuck LGBT:
I have a GF but also occasionaly have desires on men, both masculine and feminine. I feel both repulsed but also aroused. Im quite picky about men too where as women im quite open to many diffrent types. With men i need either a short burst of erotic encounter, or a prolonged bromance until i start having feelings for them (though ive never expressed my longing to the 2 people ive had this mix of admiration/love for, sadly)

My question is: would other homosexuals hate me for this if i decide to intermingle with them? I've been quite happy with the notion of making a hetro lifestyle with a wife (have a 3yr GF already) but i know its unhealthy to supress my occasional urges for male company. Should i lead a double life? Never act on it in misery? leave my girl and move somewhere progressive and be miserable for the social decay around me?

In short, im like >>17112038 puts it. i adorethe male mind and body but enjoy women for sexual reasons and making me sons. Also my current GF is an all round good human being in general.
>>
>>17111814
every fag i know is a fruit
>>
>>17111856
probably just feels less confident to claim he is gay (aka in the closet) even though he idenfitied as it
>>
Just fucking read it. It takes like 2 hours tops if you read cover to cover. It touches on good concepts but it wont stop you from being a faggot. Yes the author is a homo, but he has a decent understanding of how women work and what they desire in men. He understands women so well he switched teams.
>>
File: 1453690644248.jpg (104 KB, 602x499) Image search: [Google]
1453690644248.jpg
104 KB, 602x499
>>mfw the op isn't a tenth as manly as a gay author and is butthurt.

Why is this on /adv/?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.