[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After hooking up for some time, the thrill and excitement has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
After hooking up for some time, the thrill and excitement has died down and I'm looking for a relationship. The problem is...I'm not sure how to proceed.

To start off, I'm brown. Some people allow their race to inhibit them with imaginary stories they tell themselves, but that has never really affected me. It's not something I blame my lack of success in blossoming actual relationships on. No one seems to care about race in Canada as long as you can 'be' attractive.

So far I've hooked up with 3 portuguese/white, 2 asians, 4 indian/west indian (100x easier when you're already brown), 2 others in UK/London when I took a trip there. Some I still see on and off. Only one of them ended up emotionally invested in me. I, however, don't quite see her as relationship material (the somewhat trashy portuguese). As you can tell, there may be a clash of traditions between myself and some of them, even though I've never been one for them.

I hear that once you have some abundance, the relationships will come in turn, but even with relative abundance I can never seem to spark that connection that takes it to the next level. I usually don't care about outcome when I pick up (which in part is how I got this far), but I also don't want to become the typical undateable douchebag who is so detached from feelings that steps that should be within his grasp elude him. How should I proceed with a few of these girls after the initial thrill has worn off? Should I just say screw it and start showing interest in being more than just a fuckbuddy, or will that ruin what I already have with them?
>>
>>17109848
Listen anon, I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, anon, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage in the end. I did it. Your parents probably did it. Break the cycle, anon. Rise above. Focus on the fun.
>>
>>17109878
You're probably right. I just want to feel something more than sexual gratification, you know? Even if only temporary.
>>
>>17109884
Look for a religious girl if you're that wanting. But not american, or Swedish. Or muslim. Try Christian Indian. Or Russian, I guess, if you are into that sort of thing. Yeah, just focus on those that still have the illusion that unconditional non-biologically determined love exists due to a vague higher power sky daddy concept, anon. Solid bet.

Though you might feel shitty, you know, you are basically a parasite sucking up all the love she gives you for cynical selfish reasons that undermine her very image of life and morality. Every waking moment you will be on your toes to not give yourself away, but at the same time enjoying every moment. Kind a like a junkie, when you think about it.

Well, I guess that is the price to pay, anon. Nice talking to you! Goodluck!
>>
>>17109924
That was oddly enlightening. Thanks for the perspective, anon.
>>
>>17109878
Gee t-thanks Rick.
>>
>>17109878

are you are implying long term capability and friendship between a male and a female cannot exist?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.