[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been living in a rut for the past while. All I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I've been living in a rut for the past while. All I really do is sit around the house playing games or watching Netflix. I want to get myself out there, but "out there" is so big and intimidating. As much as I want to, meeting new people and doing new things terrifies me.
Approaching people feels intrusive, I always get nervous around new people and have issues carrying conversations/coming up with things to say. Whenever I try a new activity all I can think about is all the bad things that could happen while I'm doing it.
I just want to have fun, and live. But the world feels so big and terrifying. I really don't know what I can do.
>>
Post your age faggot and your height+weight.
>>
>>17109098
20, 5 foot 10, 175 pounds.

I'm a little on the chubby side, it isn't repulsive or anything, but I'm gonna sign up for a gym membership my next pay day.
>>
>>17109117

Lose 20 pounds then bulk up to 165 to be ripped. You need to look good but also fashionable so make sure you read up online summer styles whenever you can. Walk up with chest out, speak slowly and join any hobbies in your local community. You can make friends there and do something to get you out of the house. I suggest you cut out all soda in your life and stick to drinking water for now.

This will be a long journey.
>>
>>17109132
>You need to look good but also fashionable so make sure you read up online summer styles whenever you can.

I have literally no sense of style. I'm one of those guys who owns nothing but band shirts and shit (I have nice clothes for parties and bars and shit. The rare occasions I go to them). Wearing them always made insanely happy, so that's why I kept doing it.

I guess if it really is that big of a nono I can stop. Do people think to themselves "man what a fucking faggot" whenever they see me in them? Do they just not care? They've been conversation starters with qts a few times so there's that at least.

>I suggest you cut out all soda in your life and stick to drinking water for now.

That's definitely gonna be a tough one.
>>
>>17109176

Go to a thrift store and buy yourself some new clothing anon. Yes I know you have no style but that is why I said to do research. See what looks good and then wear it when you go out. Keep your good clothing for dates and stuff, don't bring up the big boys too soon.

>Do people think to themselves "man what a fucking faggot" whenever they see me in them?

Maybe not that bad but generally yes people will think you are lame.

>That's definitely gonna be a tough one.

Make it a habit asap. Also drink 3 litres of water day and buy some weights. 10 to 20 lb dumbbells should do the trick and begin with a basic all around body workout. Maintain this for about 2 months and you should be ready for summer.
>>
>>17109228
Might I ask why do people think it's stupid? All it's doing is showing an interest in music.
>>
>>17109254

You don't have to show people what bands you like, if they want to know you can just tell them. Proclaiming your love for music on your shit just seems so juvenile.
>>
>>17109260
Where can I go to find female prog. fans den.

It really would be nice to be able to prog. out with bae.
>>
>>17109366
huh?
>>
>>17109379
you know, progressive rock/metal.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.