[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGTOW Ideology conflicting with Girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1453516587094.jpg (867 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453516587094.jpg
867 KB, 1920x1080
Before I met my girlfriend in college 6 months ago, I strongly believed in what MGTOW said about women; being manipulative, money-hungry, and incapable of truly loving a man in a relationship.

The issue with my girlfriend is money (comes from extremely poor family), and whether I know she's using me for my wallet or not. She insists that she loves me for who I am and not my money, but that nagging voice from MGTOW is screaming that she's a gold digger. All she asks from me is for me to getting her food outside of her meal plan.

What should I do? Is MGTOW right about her? Is the ideology flawed?
>>
If you can't tell the difference between getting occasionally asked for food and getting screwed out of your bank account you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>17108467
It's almost every day. Also, are you people incapable of giving advice without flipping a shit?
>>
>>17108467
>this OP

stop being a paranoid douche
>>
First of all get rid of that stupid psychology.
There are people like that but they are few. You can find your proof against it if you only bother to look for it.
Secondly most gold diggers I heard of ask for more than food anon.
Thirdly why not help her out for real?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat his entire life.
Why is she so poor? Help her get educated/skilled so she can get a job, she can't live like this forever.
>>
I think a more charitable phrasing of MGTOW's ideas is to say that for the most part, the dating market isn't worth investment. The point isn't that all women are by nature manipulative, it's that finding the unicorns isn't worth the effort. She doesn't sound like a gold-digger, but I (or MGTOW) can't really answer that for you. Do you feel like she's taking advantage of you?
>>
You should admit to yourself you have insecurity issues and stop letting a bullshit ideology that was made to exploit lonely men to interfere with your happiness.

It's common for women to buy gifts and food for their boyfriends, because they love them. Don't confuse her caring about you as "manipulativeness", she is concerned because she loves you.

When she met you she didn't see your bank account, she saw you. Relax and let her do romantic things with you.
>>
>>17108455

There is a natural order, and we are being pushed into ignoring it. Not to sound all /pol/, but in short:

Men - provide and protect - Hunters
Women - Care and nurture - Gatherers

All the tumblr blogs and feminist youtube videos can't rewire how we interact with the world.

How many comic routines have you heard about girlfriends being expensive?

How many times have you heard about gold diggers?

MGTOW, in my opinion, is a very cynical view of the natural order, and it promotes that you don't follow your instincts. Modern feminism has told women to also eschew their traditional roles as well.

In short, work with the tools you have. Take her to dinner on your dime, and in return she will make sure your taken care of in other departments.

Stop thinking about what these various philosophies say, and start listening to your own instincts.
>>
>>17108455
You've entered into something with a fixed and skewed worldview, a trenchant and bitter one at that.

Now you're faced with the choice of having to reevaluate your beliefs against experience and find them lacking, or make an exception in your beliefs for this experience.

As someone who's been in a similar place, I'd put experience before ideology any day of the week. She is a woman and a person. Perhaps she converges towards a type, but perhaps not. In all likelihood, your conception of why she's with you is completely off and formed from the rantings of hopeless and broken men who blamed bad experiences with individuals on an imaginary hivemind of vicious, manipulative, hypergamous whores. Those people exist, but they exist in spite of the good ones.
>>
>>17108500
Men are gatherers too, you know. That's why they started preferring farming culture over hunting culture. Humans being hunter-gatherers isn't gender divided.
>>
>>17108496
She DID buy me a 70 dollar phone case out of nowhere, and she could barely afford that. I think you're right..

>>17108495
I don't think she's taking advantage of me, and thank you for clarifying. I just don't want to be a cuck to a woman.

>>17108500
Good idea. My own instincts are more valuable than this cynical view.

>>17108496
Also true, she never knew I was rich until 2 months after dating. Nothing changed upon reflecting back.

I think you're all making an articulate and intelligent point, and I thank all of you.
>>
>>17108527
>>17108455
Is she your first gf? You kind of sound like a nervous virgin.
>>
>>17108552
Yep, first gf. Not a virgin anymore though.
>>
>>17108527
There you go anon. Next time you get insecure reflect like this again.
If your instincts tell you somebody might be using you, re-evaluate and reflect on your history with said person.
You now have tools to help you next time you face such an issue.
>>
>>17108473
>People identified my paranoia and this makes them wrong
>>
>>17108455
Shit-test her about it
Shit-test her to oblivion and if it really isn't the case (unlikely imho), she would pass through

Else,begin ghosting because the ride is gonna be really rough
>>
>All she asks from me is for me to getting her food outside of her meal plan.
Why aren't you splitting the bill 50/50? Like in a perfectly equal relationship?
>>
She's a gf. Not a wife. You're not expected to provide for her. You obviously have a problem with her asking for money for food so you can either tell her no when she asks, you can introduce her to couponing, you could buy her food, or you can break up with her.

No.

Yes. It's based on generalizing. You can only see how an individual truly is if you spend time with them and see their actions. She's your first gf and you're talking about horrible women like you have decades of experience.

I'd be more worried about the bad spending red flag. She has no money for food, but she'll spend $70 on a wallet? That's just stupid.
>>
Why aren't you hanging out on moneyless dates if she doesn't want to split a meal date 50/50.
>>
>>17108455
Forget MGTOW and study Game instead.
>>
There is absolutely no reason why she should know or have any idea how much money you make or hold in accounts.

Following this ethos will relax your fears enormously unless she gets angry and sneaky trying to expose your potential and actual worth.

Then you will know what you mean to her.
>>
>>17108455

>The issue with my girlfriend is money (comes from extremely poor family), and whether I know she's using me for my wallet or not.

>She DID buy me a 70 dollar phone case out of nowhere, and she could barely afford that

Being an idiot is a full time job, huh.

>I just don't want to be a cuck to a woman.

Stop it. Don't use /r9k/ and MGTOW memes to run your life. Its retarded.
>>
>>17108455
stop listening to MGTOW because most are men who have been cheated on or put through the wringer in a divorce. or a combination of.

you should google signs of a gold digger... most girls arent. a gold digger refuses to work and expects her man to take care of her untill the money runs out. most gold diggers wouldnt buy you SFA. this girl seems genuine to me stop worrying what a bunch of deluded single men with nobody serious in their lives are skewing your world's view
>>
>MGTOW
>Lonely Virgin Club
>>
MGTOW is a form of population control.

The higher ups realized that they can't restrict beta males from reproducing and creating beta children, so they convince them that women are a waste of time.

You got bamboozled. Sure, there's a large amount of shitty women out there. But women aren't a singular orgasm, there's millions of different types.

I dated a girl who was a bitch in high school. manipulative, slutty, etc. I dumped her and started dating a new girl.

Sweet, honest, trustworthy, dresses modestly, amazing body, great personality, listens to good music, likes to do the same things I like to do, great in bed...

Have a balance of both. Be aware there's shitty women out there, but also be aware that there's high tier women out there.
>>
>>17109652
>don't listen to MGTOW people because they've had firsthand experience on how fucked the relationship and marriage game is

wat
>>
you gettin' gold-dug but your dick is desperately trying to convince you otherwise

glhf
>>
MGTOW isn't an "ideology", it just means do whatever the fuck you want and put your interests before anyone else's. Like not making significant sacrifices for your girlfriend, or putting up with her bullshit just to stay with her.

Whether or not she is using you for money is fairly easy to determine: just stop buying her shit and see how she reacts.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 398x126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 398x126
On the one hand you love and trust your girlfriend, and on the other you cynically distrust her and all other women as something nearly inhuman. Your call
>>
All this political crap.

Just tell her to fuck off, you're not a charity. Get some balls.
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 1274x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 1274x1000
>>17109902
Getting her food isn't a big deal. Have you ever had a girlfriend?
>>
>>17108455
How rich are you, OP? Unless you're fucking loaded, she is not a gold-digger. Middle-income gold-digging died out when women came into the workforce.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.