[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I decide on a career path? I'm about to graduate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: road-not-taken.jpg (34 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
road-not-taken.jpg
34 KB, 750x450
How do I decide on a career path? I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's in environmental science and I'm conflicted between law school and a PhD in aquatic ecology. I have a 3.2 GPA because I was an unmotivated idiot my first two years of undergrad.

I work well with pressure and competition, I love arguing with people, and I'm good with analyzing and briefing cases. On the other hand, I also love studying nutrient cycling and aquatic insects but I'm not interested in teaching or writing grants.

How do I choose? I don't want a family or a 9-5, I want a career I can dedicate my life to and spend 16 hours a day on. Thanks for any input.
>>
>>17108061
One path has money, the other path has insects.
>>
>>17108061
>unmotivated
>3.2

I wish I was naturally talented...

I'd follow your passion as opposed to law school which would be more a monetary oriented goal imo.

I'm a bit biased as I'm trying to into STEM myself..

If you are passionate about the law and can see yourself going down that road, then by all means.
>>
>>17108061
Small side point. Calculate your GPA in your major, and use that (openly identified as such) wherever you have to mention it. EVERYONE screws up some intro or gen ed courses, and grad schools or employers are most interested in how well you did when you settled into your major.
>>
Law school is diminishing in the return of your investment. To put it bluntly there are far too many lawyers and therefore competition will be fierce.

Go for the PHD.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.