[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zodiac Signs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (943 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
943 KB, 3264x2448
Hey /adv/
What do you guys think of the zodiac signs and the compatability between them as far as relationships go?
I hardly get tied up in the horoscope stuff but the basic traits of each sign seems to be accurate in my experience. (I'm a Scorpio)
Should I pursue partners who are listed as matching me only?
>>
I think zodiac shit is fun, but shouldn't be taken seriously.
>>
They list traits that every person can "find inside themselfes". It's pretty much a bunch of bullcrap. However, i still think it's entertaining. Especially as a scorpio (i'm one myself), the horoscopes are mostly quiet flattering.
Thinking about it, i only take something away if it was positive. For example: if i look up if our zodiac signs are compatible and it tells me "no", i just claim it's utter shit anyways. If it tells me we're meant to be by ancient star constellations, i think "meh, doesn't hurt if that's true".
>>
The zodiac is stupid and irrelevant. They're based off of ancient superstition and have no real affect. The star charts most horoscopes use are based off of the Ancient Egyptian star charts from 3000 years ago, but since then the sun has changed its orbit around the galactic center so much that most of the constellations and stars have shifted enough from Earth's perspective that all the old star charts are about one star sign behind what they actually correspond to currently. Also, the zodiac constellations are the ones that the sun passes through as seen from Earth, and there are not 12 of those constellations but 13. The 13th, Ophiuchus, was omitted simply because it didn't fit in with the gregorian calendar. The very basis of the idea that the gravity and spatial positioning of planets millions of miles away and stars parses away have seperate effects on different people on one planet is ludicrous and mathematically unsound.

And these are purely the astronomical problems, not even touching on how the ambiguity of the actual 'readings' - how every horoscope is equally vague for any sign and always says an event 'may or may not happen'. This makes the practice unfalsifiable and ergo unscientific and nothing more than cheap gypsy magic.
>>
Cancer/Scorpio is supposed to be a great match.

i've been looking for a Scorpio man.
>>
>>17107976
So I've heard haha..
Been looking for a Cancer woman
>>
>>17107976
>>17107996
You realize your belief in something doesn't matter if it's wrong right? And all astrology is wrong.
>>
>>17107903
No, selecting partners merely because of their sign is beyond retarded and you deserve to be single if that's the case. Astrology is the biggest load of shit ever.

Astrology may be interesting to you, but if you had half of a brain, you'd take it with a grain of salt.
>>
RIP Cainer. Whether you believed in Astrology or not, he had a nice view on the world and reading what he thought, his answers to letters he got or listening to him was pretty nice.

And no, OP, that's the dumbest idea. Go by the person, not their sign. I think even astrologers tell you that, too, since they say that you're meant to go by charts not vague horoscopes. Either way, the idea of searching by sign is dumb regardless of whether you believe in it or not.
>>
>>17107903
Since the moment of birth is subject to random external events - doctors have been known to induce or delay it so they can get to their golf game - zodiac signs mean absolutely nothing.
>>
>>17107964
This has been proven wrong. The west adjusted for this. Do some research before you say bullshit
>>
>Libra man posting sagittarius lady.
I wouldn't take much stock in astrology. They say general things that could match anyone like other anons said.
>>
>>17108299
>read my sign's traits
>you enjoy food and sex
Why, look at that, spot on.
>>
>>17108287
What specifically has been proven wrong? Because Ophiuchus definitely is a the 13th constellation the sun passes through and planets and stars at the time of your birth have definitely no effect on your day to day life.

>the west adjusted for this
Citation needed.

There are also thousands of self-proclaimed astrologers who use out of date maps and make up their bullshit for shitty newspapers and websites.

But please,educate me on how accurate astrology is.
>>
>>17108316
Search tropical zodiac vs sidereal zodiac. Western astrology follows tropical which follows seasons. The other one which goes back to Egypt and the east follows constellations. Yes astrology is probably bullshit. But don't be a fedora tipper who thinks he is smart when he doesn't know the facts.
>>
Now, you may find it inconceivable (or at the very least, a bit unlikely) that the relative positions of the planets and the stars could have a special, deep significance or meand that exclusively applies to only you. But let me give you my assurance that these portents and predictions are all base on solid, scientific, documented evidence. So you would have to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true.

Where was I?
>>
>>17108347
>Western astrology follows tropical which follows seasons
Then what's the point is naming the signs after constellations?
>>
For science, we now go to thus website and then post how acczrate the description is.

http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodiac-signs/scorpio.htm

Also, post if it is accurate for your partner/friends/family too, to see if it still holds true when the "uuh, that's flattering"-mode isn't on.
>>
>>17108394
Also, i'll start.

>scorpio and i focused on the strengths and weaknesses and the "in a nutshell"-section because tl;dr

The summary is surprisingly spot on.
The keywords are rather fitting too.
I'm now going to take a look at how they describe my bf and see if it fits him.
>>
>>17107903
I've always dreamed that primitive shit like this would die off before I do.

I'm going to keep dreaming.
>>
>>17108404
Alright, so there are a few things inside my bf's description that i's use myself if asked to describe him. But some things are just not true (or i don't know about it).
>>
>>17107917
This is the only reason I entertain it. Scorpios have some hella good shit. Doesn't help that my gf is Pisces and we get along well.

It's all crap, but it's fun to pretend.
>>
>>17108432
I'm a dragon in chinese zodiacs on top of being a scorpio, so it's pretty neat to read that crap
>>
File: Blood-Types.jpg (191 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Types.jpg
191 KB, 640x383
In Japan there was/is a popular belief that your blood type determined your personality.

> Japanese social psychologists, analyzed 32,347 samples of annual opinion polls from 1978 through 1988. These results indicated that Japanese blood-typical stereotypes actually influenced their self-reported personalities—as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

>Nagasaki University conducted a supplementary survey of Yamazaki and Sakamoto in 2011. They demonstrated that significant and the same difference on personalities between blood-types by using the same database as Samamoto and Yamazaki used. In the 1990s, difference due to blood types was stabilized and variances became smaller. Then in the 2000s, difference was definitely statistically significant, too. However, the size of the difference was extremely small so that not "usable" in everyday life.

>Another Japanese social psychologist, Shigeyuki Yamaoka, announced results of his questionnaires, which were conducted in 1999 and 2006. In both cases, the subjects were university students, and only subjects with enough knowledge of and belief in the "blood-type diagnosis" showed meaningful differences. He concluded that these differences must be the influence of mass media, especially TV programs. Yamaoka later examined 6,660 samples from 1999 through 2009 in total and found the same result.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.