[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you actually even have friends ? How many of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
How many of you actually even have friends ?
How many of you actually do something besides browsing 4chan and playing games during your free time?
How may of you are decent looking?
How many of you are even happy?
>>
>How many of you actually even have friends ?
Not me, all of mine are dead, don't contact me anymore, or on the internet.
>How many of you actually do something besides browsing 4chan and playing games during your free time?
I'm an artist.
>How may of you are decent looking?
I consider myself to be so, I've had long term relationships with women.
>How many of you are even happy?
Some days are better than others.
>>
>>17107100
>Not me, all of mine are dead, don't contact me anymore, or on the internet.

>I'm an artist.

My condolences anon.
>>
> I used to have friends but I alienated my self from them
>I sometimes get on you tube
>I used to be decent looking but now im kind of fat.
> I'm occasionally happy
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 700x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 700x290
I have good friends, do things socially outside of work, and am fairly happy. And I'd say decent looking. I'm fit and not ugly, and am here to help others as it further boosts my happiness
>>
>>17107086

I did but i've lost contact with a lot of them. The ones i've kept are almost worse than me so i don't really go out of my way to see them anymore.

>How many of you actually do something besides browsing 4chan and playing games during your free time?

Draw, animate, read, long ass walks and work

Not hideous but i don't really do a lot to take care of myself

I'm sure as fuck not but its my fault.
>>
>>17107086
I am
I have friends, lovers, good looks, my own place, a job, and social hobbies

But I can't help pulling out my eyebrows
>>
>>17107129
It's*

Learn to spell

>>17107154
Don't believe you
>>
>>17107154
>I can't help pulling out my eyebrows
i used to know a guy that did this sort of thing.
apparently its a sign of some mental illness, i'd google it if i were you.
>>
I have friends, just never get to see them. Some online, a few in RL.

Well, I have a job. And study math for fun from time to time. Sometimes I just practice my trumpet or read. Simple.

I'm like a 5, but my gf seems happy with how I look. So why complain?

I'm slight below normal. Not happy, not sure what that actually feels like. But I have plenty of times when I feel content. Sure, things can much better, but they can also be much worse.
More like meh than hah.
>>
>>17107159
U used to pull out the sides of my hair as a child

The edges of your forehead.
>>
>>17107086
no
yes, I go to college
yes
eh moderately happy right now
>>
>>17107183
>no
LeL

>yes

LELEL
>>
>>17107192
friends don't grow on trees
>>
>>17107086

>how many of you actually even have friends?

I do.

>how many of oyu actually do something besides browsing 4cha nand playing games during oyur free time

I play 1 or 2 games a year but dont even own a system. i actually consider video games to be a more social thing. i even bought mario hats for when me and my friends play mario kart / party. but i rarely play games alone, im trying to invest mor etime in it, but i have productive hobbies that take up most of my time.

>how many of oyu are decent looking?

depends on your definition i suppose, but i do get laid with reasonably attractive partners so im content.

>how many of oyu are even happy?

most of the time. lifes not perpetual happiness but im the happiest person i know to be honest. most everyone i meet seems to have this secret 'MY LIFE IS SO SAD' side but i cant say ive succumb to that despite my issues.
>>
Most moved away after school, the ones I kept are just as bad me most days

I study, that is my life now

I have people tell me I'm attractive (depending on definition), maybe like a 7/10.

Not by a long shot

Pic related
>mfw my friends are like me
>>
>>17107086
I have a grill fiend and a bunch of buddies or good acquaintances nearby with whom I hang out sometimes. Most people I'd call close friends live rather far away though.
I play in a band and do sports sometimes. I also like to read books when I can.
I dunno, I don't dress well and haven't been to the barber in more than a year, but some anon on /soc/ called me cute once.
It fluctuates. I don't get shit done and the things I still have to do are always in the back of my mind, but in the meantime, I enjoy what I do and a lot of it makes me really happy.
>>
My friends are cool people, we have LAN parties sometimes.
I have a job.
I'm not deformed, or fat, and don't have any weird features on my face, though I probably only have niche appeal.
Not I.
>>
>>17107183
hello, me.
>>
>>17107086
I have 2 main social circles that I see very regularly (about 10 "main" friends each). Both of the circles are not going out as much anymore because of their gf's, so I'm starting to get into another circle through a friend right now that does love to still go out and go to festivals etc.
In 2014/2015 I didn't do much because I was saving for an internship abroad that didn't happen, so I got still quite some saved up for other fun things. Last few months I'm doing a lot again, at least every weekend. Also started to go to the gym again 2 weeks ago (3-4 times a week so far).
I have pretty good genes desu. In clubs when going out I get a lot of attention and make out a lot, but I absolutely suck at escalating further than that and am working on that. Only had sex twice on two different vacations (one ONS and one "vacation gf").
Right now I have mixed feelings. I'm doing a graduation internship that's going shit, got rejected by a girl I had oneitis for, but my social life is a lot of fun right now. I just want this internship to be over already and do fun stuff this summer, I have a lot of plans.
>>
>>17107086
The vast majority of us do, I personally don't.
I also draw, code, do calisthenics, browse wikipedia, read up on medical research, pace and think, go for walks and get lost on purpose, etc. But mostly I work/study.
I suppose I am. I doubt we're statistically much different from the average distribution here.
Sure as hell not me.
>>
27/m/ a year ago relocated to another country

»How many of you actually even have friends ?
I have a few close friends but not a best friend.
»How many of you actually do something besides browsing 4chan and playing games during your free time?
I have a job so that is that, ocasionally I go for a coffee/walk/lunch/dinner with one of my closest friends and coworkers. I also travel every few months.
»How may of you are decent looking?
I would consider myself a 6 but there are still some girls that find me extremely attractive.
»How many of you are even happy?
Some days are different than other, most of the time I am happy but I still get a feeling that I could be happier..
>>

I've got like 1 internet friend. Friends are overrated, Solitude is coveted.

I read, cook, and ride my bicycle when I'm not wasting time on 4chan or playing Dota 2.

I'm a boring individual I'll give you that.

I'm average, maybe slightly below average I'd say. and probably even lower than that but I won't admit it.

Last time I was happy was when I got extremely high and rode my bicycle in circles for an hour. That was fun as fuck, and about a month ago.

I'm not really happy because I'm lonely, bored, and clueless but I learn to take pleasure from the simple things in life. Like a beer at the end of a long day.

/blog.
>>
Bunch of colleagues that are pretty cool people. About a dozen people that I see every couple of weeks. No real close friends.
I go to the gym 3 days a week. Roughly once every two weeks I go out for drinks. Don't really have hobbies.
I'm probably a 6 or 7.
Hahahahaha.
>>
>>17107086

i do have a lot of friends, and different groups of friends. It's great and i love them all, but i still feel pretty lonely most of the time. Feels hypocritical because i know a lot of people are actually lonely but it's how i feel

I wish i did more stuff honestly. I go to college, and i see my friends, but i wish i could find a work and practice guitar in a band. I miss my old band

How may of you are decent looking?
I'm not one to judge. I find myself average/bad looking, but some people find me attractive, and some don't. I guess it's just a matter of taste anyway

How many of you are even happy?
Good question. Not really actually. But it could be way worse, so i'm not really complaining. I'm just bored
>>
>>17107086
>Busy social life, I have multiple invites a week. 2 very close friends.
>Study and a job in retail
>Would be goodlooking but am covered in ugly scars. Not noticeable with clothes on.
>Been happy for a lot of years now(solid 7), reason I like to give advice is that I like to help other get over depression too.
>>
File: Self.jpg (26 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
Self.jpg
26 KB, 400x534
>>17107086
>How many of you actually have friends?

I have a handful of proper friends; but, a lot of acquaintances. I think it comes with being a guy who focuses mostly on work and activities-based stuff.

I read, write a little bit, binge watch TV series and just go for walks/try to not be too exhausted from work to gym/get fit. I am pretty normal.

>How ma[n]y of you are decent looking?

Selfie attached taken while posting. I am not anything to fax home about.

I think I am happy now and then, but mostly satisfied.

How'd I do, senpai?
>>
>>17107757
>Selfie attached taken while posting. I am not anything to fax home about.
Get a undercut grow the beard out a little more and work out a bit to fix the slight baby face you have atm
Also chew gum, idk if it works but people say it helps your jaw so idk....
>>
Most of the replies here where heavily depressing desu senpai

I kind of regret making this thread
Ignorance is bliss
>>
>>17107086
I'm decent looking, have girls said that to me, but disqualified for everything else.
>>
>>17107086
I do, but I don't talk to them often. but I never let go of friends unless I have a good reason. I have friends from 30 years ago that I still talk to.
guilty as charged. I am looking to get back into painting but am having trouble finding the motivation. at some point I need to just say fuck it and start some new work. also my guitar is covered with dust.
not so much.
for a person with treatment-resistant depression I'm actually pretty happy when I think about it. at least, lately my life doesn't feel like as much of a pointless uphill toil as it has for the past couple years.
>>
>>17107086
Me
Me, money is my heaviest limitation.
I'm pretty content with myself. All I care about is losing some weight.
I go through cycles, but it's all part of the human experience.
>>
>>17107086
I have quite a lot which is surprising considering my personality but that doesn't change much because
I do nothing
Maybe close to average on a good day
Fuck no
>>
>>17107086

I've got a clique of friends that i've known for like a decade and a half. We don't hang out as much as we used to, but I guess that's kind of expected when everyone's busy with careers/gradschools/life. Also have friends made as an adult, like my best friend who I usually go shoot pool with like once a week (though I've been sick and haven't seen her in like two weeks lol)

I read, play pool, go drinking. play tennis occasionally.

Decent enough that I get checked out from time to time. My girlfriend actually likes pointing out when it happens <.<.

Eh, I've got my days. But I can say happier than when I was younger. I lived through almost a decade of depression and decided to change who I was. I've succeeded in a lot of ways, and still have a LOOOONG way to go in others. Sometimes I look at myself and feel like I'm the same guy I was, sometimes I feel like I've changed for the worse, sometimes I think I'm a completely different person and am proud of myself for how far I've come. It's a mixed bag, but I can't argue that I'm mentally in a better place now than I was a decade ago (i'm in my late 20's)
>>
Just a girlfriend that I talk to only through the Internet.
I study at a university and learn eng in my spare time as a useful hobby,
I'd estimate myself 7/10, maybe a bit higher if I shave my stubble a bit and go to a batber.
I am neither happy nor unhappy. Reality sucks, but the future is bright so I'd say that I'm in a state of excited anticipation.
>>
>>17107086
everything except 4.
>>
File: 1456603563307s.jpg (4 KB, 74x125) Image search: [Google]
1456603563307s.jpg
4 KB, 74x125
>How many of you actually even have friends?
Two friends. One guy is tall 6'2" blonde Chad, became sort-of-antisocial after such long years with that friendship. He is content with that, I suppose. Going along with him very well. Second is short one, but total-bro massive powerlifter guy, ultraconfident. One internet friend, very good guy. I wish I'd had an opportunity to visit him once. Have never had any female friends throughout the whole life.

Mostly, reading shit. Had been going to gym for few years but had to drop it, going to get back soon.

>How many of you are decent looking?
Would rate myself as 5. As average as it even possible.

I don't remember when I felt happy the last time. I will probably drown myself in alcohol till I'll slip into a coma.
>>
>>17107086
Friends, yes. Happiness, yes. Vidya playing, no.

Deal with it. I only lurk /adv/ on my phone during breaks at work.
>>
I have a few. Most of them are just people I drink or do drugs with though. Working on making friends with other interest than getting fucked up though.
Guitar, mandolin, lifting, juggling, hiking, skateboarding. I'm working on finding new hobbies or activities though.
Got called beautiful by another man last week. I guess I look okay.
I'm miserable, but I always have been unhappy. I've made my peace with it.
>>
>How many of you actually even have friends?
I have plenty of friends and a boyfriend

Besides the internet, I usually read, exercise or go to the beach

I'm fairly attractive

usually I feel normal, but I haven't felt happy in a long time
>>
>>17107086
Some, not a particularly social person so mostly just text, rarely go out.

School, games, and reading. Yep, boring.

I'd say I'd be quite around 8/10 if it weren't for the damn acne, can't get rid of that shit.

Meh, wouldn't say I'm happy. Wouldn't say I'm depressed either, just apathetic.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 184x274
>>17107086
I have no friends. I use to have some but they wanted me for my money and the shit I had.

I also work and do art,going back to college this fall.

I like the way I look. I actually attract some women but my personality and inexperience with relationships is why I am still a loner and a virgin(not kissless thanks to a cousin back in 1997).

I'm not happy because I want a relationship. All my cousins and friends from school have friends and a girlfriend. I still sit here wondering why I am still the last guy to land his ship. I was told don't look at other people in comparison, but it's hard because now my nephews are making moves and at their teenage age, I will soon be looked down by them.
Not happy because I am alone.
>>
>>17107086
>have a lot of friends, hang out regularly, travel and stay at places of friends that have moved to different states and countries a couple times a year
>mostly on 4chan when I have literally nothing to do, have physical hobbies and stuff like art and playing music
>attract women but I'm usually not into them
>pretty happy I guess but deep pangs of sadness every now and then.
>>
>>17107086
I have a few, but none that I would consider very close.
College is the only thing keeping me occupied right now. I also have a part-time job.
I'm pretty good-looking and not a manlet, but my body is Auschwitz-tier.
I guess I'm better off than many of my friends, but that's not saying much really. I wish I was somewhere else most of the time. Feels pretty bad to be honest.
>>
>>17107086
I have friends but none I talk to or spend time with on a regular basis now.
I work full-time, take 2-3 hours to get ready for work (still with shit to do) and only have time for dinner before I gave to go to bed. I *have no free time*. The only time I have to myself is on the fucking weekend. I most likely browse 4chan at work. I don't even know why. It's such a negative environment. Maybe it's to put my situation in perspective.
My last girlfriend liked me. I'm mixed Asian, and since I look more Asian and am a male, I know I'm at a disadvantage in dating.

Inb4 Elliot Rodger
Not happy…for a variety of reasons I'm not going to get into.
>>
>>17107086
I feel bad because this is so true for me.
I want to learn many things but dunno if I'm just lazy or don't really want to improve. I even vaped a bit earlier and was like "wtf am I doing, mother is paying for my food and I do jack shit all day" and now I'm here instead of going to bed.
>>
>>17109163
Same here. I am 22. I've been working towards an associates from a local community college, but I've had near failing grades the past year and I may be suspended. I still live at home and I feel useless. Most of my friends left to go off to colleges and I feel like I've been stationary highschool. I had 2 friends at my current school, but one died and one transferred. The guilt of failing and always procrastinating is a huge weight on me and I always end up not trying because I tell myself that it's "too late too turn it around." (Usually the case for my semesters.) I do have a gf though, but I did accuse her of still having feelings for her ex and using me as a rebound last night and I take out my insecurities on her a lot.
>>
>>17109259
I'm 21 btw so we are similar in that aspect.
I have completed 3 year vocational school (dunno if this is the term in USA) and went for 2 additional years but dropped out in march previous year and I kinda thought that I will get job fast or learn programming so fast and I will do something amazing but I was just smoking weed a lot, playing vidya a bit and not really doing anything. I can get it together for like a week, 10-14 days at most I can do normal stuff like getting enough sleep, eating ok, running every 2-3 days and maybe do something productive for 1-2hours. Dunno if I never had work ethics or I'm just that lazy or just retarded. My last stupid decision was buying a 750Ti even though I want to stop playing games and work towards getting a job or learning something that can get me a job. I will do shrooms in a month or two and I hope it will help me with giving insight on where I fuck up.
>>
Not me
Not me
Not me
Not me

So, are you trying to insult me, OP? I'm not sure what you feel you'll gain from that.

I'm stupid, I've never had friends, I've always had terrible acne so bad that it ruins my shirts and causes me pain to do daily tasks. I'm ashamed of how I look, and I've never had motivation or encouragement to do anything. Right now, the threat of death itself isn't even enough to motivate me.

Still, you'd laugh at me. You'd derive some enjoyment from my circumstances, you'd belittle and berate me for it.

Maybe that's why I don't want friends. People are petty.
>>
>>17108839
Found the normie
>>
>>17107086
Just a couple, don't hang out with them outside of shool

I used to recently this is all I have been doing and I fucked up my grades pretty bad

Yeah i'm pretty good looking

Give me a couple Months
>>

Have 20 or so good friends

try to go to conferences and hang with friends

I have no clue but know I'm not quasi-modo

nope
>>
>>17107086
Very few.
2 online ones, 2 irl ones maybe? IRL ones are hard to take into account since all they wanna meet me for is to get fucked up and they have personalities I despise.
Lost a lot of friends lately and deleted a lot of friends also. I currently have 160 fb "friends" and even that is too much since nobody even fucking talks to me on there.
I study do homework, sometimes go out with my family.
I've noticed that I've been on here a lot more than before, recently...
Maybe a 7.
I'm ok right now but could be happier.
>>
>>17109975
>>17108753
>>17107620
>cook Faggot
>>17107564
>The vast majority
Apparently not
>>17107545
>>17107100

Where did you guys make "online" friends?
Is this even considered a friend friend?
>>
>>17107086
A few close ones, circle get smaller the older I get and it's hard to meet people who share my hobbies/interests.
I play music and do art things.
Solid 9/10, have thristy people after me constantly.
I have capital D depression, for over 10 years now. Shit is miserable and near impossible to cope with, has ruined multiple relationships and opportunities for me.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.