[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
Hey Anon,
I dont know where to begin. I've never been so low before. My life is falling apart and I've been suicidal for 3 weeks. Ive been to the hospital twice, and nothing seems to be helping. I need help and i dont know what to do. I lost interest in everything, i failed my final semester of college, i got my heart broken, and i have PTSD/Bi-polar/anxiety. Everyone i talk to thinks I'm a baby but i can deal with life. How do I fix this? Im open to anything because i dont have a choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 909x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 909x289
>>17107003
Are you in therapy?
>>
>>17107013
yeah i am.
>>
>>17107003
I'm about to fail 3 out of my 5 classes, my body is half destroyed from all the deployments I've been on and I also have PTSD and anxiety. I've also sat there with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a loaded 1911 in the other deciding which one to put in my mouth. Life's fucking hard, and there's no safety when you fuck up. But there is always another route to take, and there is always another reason to keep fighting.
>>
>>17107003
There's no magic pill to take or book to read, there's no guru that can show you the path. You have to make a conscious decision to stand the fuck up and wipe the blood from your face and get ready for round 2. You have to decide that the people that you care about and that are counting on you are enough of a reason to keep going, even if it feels like everything else has gone to shit. You're alive, you're functional, you're relevant. People think you're a baby because they see you acting weak. Prove them wrong. Cowboy the fuck up and lets get ready for the next round.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 480x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 480x637
>>17107024
Well I'll give you my anecdotal experience of how I cleared my suicidal depression, though I don't have PTSD or bipolar.

I spent time in a psych ward myself after admitting while high to how I had been heavily suicidal for some time. Well, I never did anything to fix it and fell back to that place again, before I had a drug experience that really scared me and sort of opened my eyes to God. From then on I became christian again and started laying off drugs. I focused a lot on helping others who needed it and living immaterially. I also became a virtue ethicist and looked into taoist philosophy to also help me.

In a few months I have become very at peace with the world, while struggling here and there but ultimately never going back down to that place I was before. I think the biggest part that helped was seeing all the good things about life and the how great nature and everything really is.
>>
>>17107045
Agreed.

I don't go to church as much as I should, but coming back to God helped me too.

I also spend a lot of time helping people, mostly by fixing up old computers and donating them or selling them for the price of the parts to fix them for people who can't afford them. That's my skill, so that's how I help.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x351
>>17107063
That is one of the other important thing that I think helped a lot, helping others. Even helping people on /adv/ can make you feel better, also being helpful in general, helping your family and donating what you wish to or can.

Not trying to guilt trip you OP. These things have been shown to help social anxiety from what I've read and studied
>>
>>17107035
>>17107045
thank you guys for your outlook. how did you ultimately decide what was going to help you?
>>
Rapid fire trial and error. I picked up archery, computers, gaming, kung fu, church, cooking, working out, taking classes, foreign language, off-roading, just went nuts. Don't just sit there, go live. Once you start looking, there is plenty to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 616x769) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 616x769
>>17107078
Time I suppose. I learned enough about certain things after years of being an atheist that christianity isn't as unreasonable as I made it out to be and after a little push I came back.
>>
I love martial arts. You get a decent workout, and the people are great. Just make sure it is an actual martial arts school and not some MMA TAPOUT gym. You've got a mentor in your instructor, friends in your fellow students, a hobby and a passion in the art, and in some schools even a little bit of discipline and culture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.