[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother is enticing me to start seeing a therapist (for no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: nhkwtfwzhx.jpg (43 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
nhkwtfwzhx.jpg
43 KB, 1278x1181
My mother is enticing me to start seeing a therapist (for no real reason), but I refuse as it is an insult to my pride.

Am I being unreasonable?
>>
>>17106952

yes

there's nothing wrong with talking about your feelings, it's what self actualizing adults do
>>
>>17106952
>> refuse to see therapist w/degree
>> seek help on 4chan
>>
How is it an insult to your pride? Sounds like you're acting childish, which is nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>17106952
Normally I would say you are right, but you are a frogposter so you obviously need help
>>
>>17106952
If you are 20+, go see a therapist because you want to, not because your mom tells you to. But you need to be honest with yourself and question whether you are happy with yourself or if you would like to improve.

Honestly, I think everyone could benefit from a short honest talk with a therapist, so you should do it just based on that criterion.
>>
>>17106952
Since it hurts your pride you prob have some problems and should go see one.
>>
>>17106952
Yes. If you refuse out of pride I seriously doubt it's "for no real reason".
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 1274x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 1274x1000
Well first tell us your mom's side objectively. What does she claim about you and have you done anything to make her decide this
>>
>posts on /adv/
>pride
Just go and do it
>>
>>17106952
If you don't want to go to therapy, and there is a problem, then find someone who you can talk to that you trust and can be open with. Many times just saying stuff out loud to another person helps you figure it all out yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 600x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 600x189
>>17107007
This
>>
>>17106952
Yes, but I believe everyone should go to therapy at least once in their lifetime. But you also really should go to therapy mate.
>>
>>17106952
Well my mom doesn't want me to see a therapist because she'll see it as if she failed as a mother...
>>
>>17108018
Mommy issues
>>
We don't know you, your mom, your problems. You didn't provide any information whatsoever in your opening post.

Because of that reason we can't give you any reasonable quality advice that would actually help you.

This thread is the equivalent of:
>Hey guys I have this math problem I need to solve
>My mom says the solution is 2030 but I think the solution is 16
>What should I do?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.