[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
prom??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: nico.jpg (16 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
nico.jpg
16 KB, 480x270
My boyfriend just told me that he wants to pay for both my prom ticket and his

Should I let him? I'm absolutely against this because I'll feel like I owe him in some way. I feel cert

However if he doesn't want me to pay for anything I'll have extra money to get myself the makeup I need/want

Also do corsages even matter?
And what happens if a girl tries to take my boyfriend to dance with him or something is it appropriate for me to say no?
>>
if he really wants to pay for something tell him you'll pay for tickets if he pays for dinner. you can feel like you contributed and he can feel like he acted like the man or whatever
>>
Just let him do it.
>>
Theres two ways this could go. Either he wants to pay for you, in which case you should absolutely let him. Or, he is only offering to pay for you because he feels obligated to, in which case you should turn it down for a while, but accept anyway.

With the dancing, you should be a little bit territorial with him. idk about this dude specifically, but I'd be kinda turned on if a girl was jealous of other girls for wanting to dance with me. But be only a little bit territorial. Too much is creepy.
>>
>>17105972
Let him pay, but mention him you're happy because that means you can buy that makeup, see how well he takes that
If a girl tries to dance with him you're supposed to say nothing and let him tell her that he doesn't want to, or let him check with you if it's okay for him to dance with her.
>>
I have another question, my boyfriend plans on going to a beach house for after prom, but when he told me about it he said he wasn't sure if I could go..

I think he was implying be was going to go on his own. How do I tell him I don't want him to go? I'm sure there'll be girls there

>>17105999
How do I act territorial?
>>
He's paying because it's socially required for the guy to pay. At least that's how I saw it. The girl I took was much more well off than me, I still paid because I figured that's what men do.

As for the other girl thing, if it makes you uncomfortable and the situation arises tell him or let him deny. It never happened to me, but a good friend of mine lost his date at homecoming and she went off and grinded with other guys, he was really bummed for a while. It sucked and I'm sure it will suck the other way around. As for the after party, you can bring it up but unless you have plans with him after prom [ ;) ] he's free to do whatever he wants desu.
>>
>>17105972
never let a guy pay shit for you he will call you a gold digger when you guys have a future argument
>>
>>17106097
Not true in most cases.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.