[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i was interviewed on friday by this gaming company that seemed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1455148796865.jpg (198 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1455148796865.jpg
198 KB, 960x960
i was interviewed on friday by this gaming company that seemed to really love me and my work, going as far as to say that they were already fans of me. (i'm an artist so yeah)

they asked me to send them an email with some more examples of my stuff and i did so when i got home so i don't forget. i also asked them a couple questions that i didn't get to ask in the interview.

it's tuesday now and i haven't heard anything from them; i know it's technically just day 2 since weekends don't count but i am feeling antsy as fuck.

will everything be ok? i just don't get how they'd be so eager to hire me but don't respond back.
>>
>>17104683
All you can do is wait. 80% of jobs fall through, you need to keep applying for other places and don't expect a response
>>
>>17104690
it's just that these guys approached me before i even knew they existed.

there was a sort of industry fair that was being held and my stuff was showcased, and they booked a time to meet me.

i knew there were other people they interviewed too, which made their reaction to my work and experience seem so much more positive? like is it common for employers do this kind of stuff only to fall from their words?

but yeah i guess all i can do is sit tight and apply to more places...
>>
If it's eating you up distract yourself man, it shouldnt be long. They'll get back to you when they need to. Don't get your hopes up either though just be encouraged that you got noticed/considered and of you turn them down let them know you're up for any of their future projects or ask them if they know any other company that is hiring. It shows initiative and might land you another job.
>>
>>17104742
thanks anon, i might have to take a long jog or something outside soon.

how long should i wait til i give up?
>>
something like this happened to my friend once who was waiting for a call from a guy to be a newspaper writer. the man who worked for the newspaper never ended up reaching out to him even though he reached out to the man every 2 weeks or so. The man kept saying "I need more time" and shit like that. It fell through. Just move on and keep going until you hear they want your nuts.
>>
>>17104683
You were played over. They just wanted some free references.
This happens all the time. Companies ask you to send them some reference work which they then modifiy and use as their own.
>>
Call them back incessantly for a month. If they don't hire you after that, then they probably never wanted to hire you in the first place. I'd say call once a day, every weekday until they either A) give you a job, or B) deny you a job. Always leave a message. It might seem annoying TO YOU but you'd be surprised to learn that most companies admire determination in job candidates.
>>
>>17104848
that's a little discouraging but thanks, i suppose i shouldn't take anything they've said seriously then...

>>17104859
i don't think that's what happened. they could've used google for that instead. the stuff i gave them were stuff that's already available to the public. they could've simply explored my website/portfolio that was listed on my business card instead of going out of their way to interview me.

>>17104876
i don't think that'll work anon...
>>
>>17104915
You don't think it will work anon but you haven't tried it yet. FFS if you're a psychic, then why the fuck haven't you found a job yet?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.