[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice on Engineering Major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1448075353042.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448075353042.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1200
Computer systems or electrical engineering? At the university I'm going to attend next year, they're separate but dual degrees seems easily doable. However, a quick search on say, monster, yields 100+ jobs for computer engineering while ee yielded a measly 60.

What do to anons.
>>
B-bump
>>
>>17103361
So you searched for jobs in your area. That doesn't mean shit.

EE will provide you a broader, more marketable skillset. You can work in literally ANY industry. Narrowing it down to just a computer focus still affords you many opportunities, but it's a highly saturated market and you will likely end up at some shithole corporation that has you churning out code like a monkey.
>>
> However, a quick search on say, monster, yields 100+ jobs for computer engineering while ee yielded a measly 60.

I think you just answered your own question
>>
I searched in nyc, not my area.

And my parents are urging me to go into ce because they say the ee market is shit. Yet I usually see the majority of people discussing ee on /sci and its opportunities
>>
>>17103396
You are 4 years away from obtaining whatever degree you choose. The market will look completely different at that time. Choose what you feel passionate about. Both majors will get you a job. Decide which job you would be happier at. 4chan can't help you with that.
>>
>>17103361
I think CE tends to yield a more diverse graduate who ends up in a happier job with more interesting work

t. A man with an electrical degree who has gone on /sci/ a lot and talked to several CE graduates
>>
Electrical hard as balls. Do not do that to yourself.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.