[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideas for videos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: true happiness.jpg (49 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
true happiness.jpg
49 KB, 600x337
Ideas for a YouTube niche, /adv/?

I have no webcam or microphone, and do not intend on playing games with or without commentary. I can record some of my own footage with a sort of shitty camera, but emphasis on shitty. The only way I have of making visuals is through Photoshop. I don't have any talent in animation or music.

It narrows things down a lot, but help would be appreciated here. Any programs I could use for making weird, moving and colourful graphics easily would also be appreciated.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>17101986
>no webcam or microphone
>no games
>no commentary
>shitty camera
>no talent
>no animation
>no music

I hate to crush your dreams, but with this attitude you can stop even before you start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKC6XmsLWVQ

The only hope left for you is the pic related.
>>
I had this idea watching youtube videos, but I ain't gonna implement it so here it goes so it may add to the brainstorm
Make videos of autistic rage over other vids. Make yourself a persona and go full autistic so that it is actually funny. And only "review" good stuff, so other vloggers will actually *want* to get insulted by you. So make sure you pick good stuff and go absolutely insane and illogical about dumb details
>>
>>17102054
welp I didn't even read the OP through before making this suggestion.
Then uh... make video collages with greenscreens or glitch art videos.
>>
something simple. Look at howtobasic, as cancer as it is now. it started with a guy making fake how to videos with a little bit of weirdness and now it's pretty popular.
Your idea doesn't always have to be complex. Just take some time and really reflect on the world and think on how you could exploit it to make funny videos.
>>
>>17101986
so you have no skills of any kind or have any original ideas. All you know is that you want popularity and money.

Killyourself and put it on youtube.
>>
>>17102031
I've seen Jello Apocalypse before, and I know what's up. I'm really not into clickbaity thing's unless they are very subtle and we'll done, though. Not trying to say that integrity gets you up all the time, but if you show it, it at least helps a little.
>>17102061
Weird art has always been something I've wanted to at least try to get people thinking "what does this mean" when it really means fuck all, I just don't know what to use to make it in the first place.
>>17102182
You're right here, this does work. It's a quick laugh for many and often easy to produce. Once again, though, there would be quite a bit of guilt for me in doing this, and it's not something I would particularly enjoy.
>>17102201
Not here for money, just for a thing to do. Skills I have (for the most part) can't be applied to YouTube, which sucks a lot looking at how big it has gotten in recent years.
I think suicide is against the TOS, too.
>>
>>17101986
Go to random public places and piss yourself. Like stand in a busy street corner and just piss your pants and film reactions.
>>
Speaking as a YouTuber (I know, how lame does that sound?), it's not easy. I've spent the last few years vlogging and making silly gaming and nerd-culture videos and I've just recently hit 4,000 subscribers. It's gotta be something you LOVE doing, or else you're going to feel really unfulfilled. Heck, I love doing it and half the time I feel like giving up.

To find a niche, you have to experiment. You have to put in the hard work and sometimes, spend your own money before you can make a meager profit through your videos. You want to stick to an audience and work towards making videos they will watch. You idea of "weird, moving and colorful graphics" is just... no. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Try making videos about stuff YOU like and then market the shit out of it.

Good luck.
>>
>>17102842
What's your channel?
>>
>>17102860
Almost tricked me, senpai.

I'm definitely not posting my channel on 4chan. Not no way, not no how.
>>
>>17102866
>I'm untalented, unoriginal, and boring
>definitely won't post youtube channel, because I clearly have lots to lose there
I laffed
>>
>>17102897
I did it once, and the results were horrendous. A lot of spam comments and other shit like that. No offense, because I know how much you want to watch my content apparently,
>>
>>17102277
>I think suicide is against the TOS, too.
Just kill yourself already
>>
>>17102277
>I think suicide is against the TOS, too.
That is pretty funny, OP. You may have hope as a social critic yet.

Quentin Tarantino, when asked who he made his movies for, famously quipped "I am the audience." And really, that's ultimately what the best art is - realizing that you are worth enough to spend your own live understanding and exploring, and expressing what you find in your own universe.

So start there. Tell your life story as you see it. Tell it to yourself, and be so completely and utterly honest that you start to question whether you should even be doing it. Then keep doing it. Make yourself uncomfortable. Find every facet of your ego and break it apart until you are simultaneously nothing and everything in the universe. Then keep explaining how that feels.

It's only YouTube, right?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.