[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with the disappointment and shame that comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 640x960
How do you cope with the disappointment and shame that comes with making a huge professional mistake? Missed a huge exam for my hardest class, I studied for 18 hours straight trying to review everything, felt air tight on the material, then with one hour left I decided to recharge by taking a 30min nap. Woke up late, I can say this feels like the biggest failure of my college experience so far. I'm a senior, I can take it again next year, but I've spent 100's of hours on this class and $600. I've already talked to the professor and he said im the first in 20 years of his teaching, his classes are typically 300 students. I don't care the consequences anymore, I'm just dissapointed in myself, how do I pull myself back up?
>>
time will heal.

learn from mistakes.

if you want to excel in something you usually need to sacrifice a lot.

just remember you're only human, tho.
>>
That's what you get for studying 18 hours straight.
Now you know not to study for an inhumane amount of time.
>>
>>17102241
Well the exam is pretty difficult, and I had work until 1am where I had nothing else to do. I spent 12 hours earlier in the week too.
>>17101958
Yeah hopefully thanks.
>>
Did you talk to the Prof? I did that during my degree and got away with it by rationally explaining the situation.

I just wrote a deferred exam.
>>
>>17101937
I did this as well. Missed a final for a 300-student math class that was from 3 to 6 PM since i woke up at 5:30PM.
I'm a narcoleptic so if my alarms don't go off, i don't wake up. My roommate woke me up at that time since that's when he came back from his exam in a different class.

Had to go catch the prof on his way back from the lecture hall, he let me take it right then in his office with like 5 other students who probably also had issues at the last moment or had a different exam at the same time.

On the plus side, afaik i got the highest score on it.
Adversity makes us stronger. Learn from this.
I learned to always stay up all night the entire night before a test, to make sure it wouldn't happen again. Fucking hard but it's worth the safety.
>>
>>17101937
what do you do? stop dwelling on your mistake and move on and retake the test if you can.
>>
>>17102460
I have, but he still has to make up his mind. Again the consequences aren't as mentally harming to me as my dissapoint ment.
>>17102847
When someone dies do you just get over it? Emotions are mechanisms for learning and engraving things into your head. My self-discipline is just a little much, I can't just willy nilly move on from it.
>>
>>17101937
School is not a profession.

You made a scholastic error
>>
>>17103152
That's probably more correct, but I didn't think it would represent what I fucked ip with well.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.