[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>birthday weekend >go to a club, it's backed like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1272593474611.jpg (27 KB, 344x480) Image search: [Google]
1272593474611.jpg
27 KB, 344x480
>birthday weekend
>go to a club, it's backed like sardines
>live in ui town, everyone just graduated
>on xanax, amphetmaine and drinking beer. completely on top of my gave with 0 anxiety.
>friends who i sell drugs to or havent seen me recent constantly say "damn you're getting in shape" etc.
>it was 80 deg otuside so i wear a red polo and nice shorts
>get a pitcher of bee with my friend, finish the whole time
>scope around bitches, if ome isn't talking to a guy i just move on.
>plenty of qts were on their phones all alone, so i say
>>hi, why are you alone
>basically got a bunch of bullshit answers, only like 1/5 said they had boyfriends

what the fuck guys? is it really just a numbers game? you have to get rejected 100x just to get the opportunity to settle for a landwhale? i graduated from the top uni in my state. top 20 in the country, i have a good job, blond hair blue eyes thick stuble, i could lose a few lbs of fat but from american standards i'm skinny.

WHAT THE FUCK?

can somene give me list convo starters or something? I could have been the perfect match for them but they didn't even give me a try, just to be nice. I'm 5'8 but this uni has whites as about 40% of the population so i was taller than a lot of mestizo, mulatto, and asian guys. i was about median height

i'm not depressed about it, just fucking annoyed about why no girl wants anything to do with me?
>>
'hi, why are you alone' isn't the best pickup line imho
>>
>>17101633
I'd be lying if I said I'm smooth as fuck all the time. But with
>hi, why are you alone
yeah im pretty sure it obvious how you fucked up. You think thats how you get dates? No m8. You need to be smooth. Flirt. Look good. Dont get too attached. Ignore them a bit. Girls like attention. I've never been good at flirting at bars. But I somehow manage to do well in other settings, like hitting on a cashier or a random girl on the subway.
>>
>>17101639
>>17101639
what else should i say?
i also said 'whats up' and 'how are you' and 'whats your name?'

it was a loud club you literally have to scream in their ear for them to hear it
>>
>>17101647
>>17101647
yes well i work 8hrs a day, go to the gym, come home exhaused and just eat until i pass out. i don't have opportunities to meet girls outside of clubs/bars, i buy my food in bulk (10lbs of beef, 10lbs chicken, 5lbs cheese, 10lbs of potatoes, 10 gallons of orange juice) with my friend's food stamps and fraudulent coupons. i am lodaded on food i go once a month, i eat so clean i've been recoming like crazy. my body & face was definitely in the top 15% of guys there, altough i am a 5'8 manlet so maybe only top 1/3 of white guys.

was i too ugly? did i say something wrong by doing a basic friendly greeting? did they go to the club for purposes other than to meet guys? are the only intreted in the top 10%

i don't see the issue, maybe i have severe assburgers, but they are LITERALLY at a social event which is designed for you to mingle and meet new people. and they choose to stand alone and stare at their phone. why?

and a basic greeting like asking about uni (it's a uni town) and work or whatever is a turn-off, what and i supposed to say?

btw remember these are girls going to the top ranked uni in the state. maybe i just need to look rich,,,
>>
>>17101633
"Come dance with me."
Congratulations.
>>
File: Eli-Manning.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Eli-Manning.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>17101647
Don't try and be smooth.

Just talk to them like the are actually people and you aren't just trying to get some T&A off of them.

Work in flirting as you can, but don't be too obvious.

Ask for their number when you are finished conversing.

Also asking:
"So why don't you have a date" is kind of lame.
>>
>>17101810

Dude don't be mean to Eli please
>>
>>17101713
Not the best place to pick up chicks man.

Work with what you got, if that was the situation, then all you can really do is play the numbers.

>You also sound entitled as fuck. No one cares about all this shit in romance. At least not when you initially meet someone.
>>
>>17101832
Eli does it to himself.

>some folks deserve to be bullied.
>>
File: 1454512040463.jpg (26 KB, 731x565) Image search: [Google]
1454512040463.jpg
26 KB, 731x565
>>17101847
>>
>>17101810
>>17101810
>Just talk to them like the are actually people and you aren't just trying to get some T&A off of them.
i was asking about school, hobbies, interests. i didnt give any impression of desiring sex. i even asked 'do you want to be friends' to a few and they said no or just ignored me

>Work in flirting as you can, but don't be too obvious.
examples? these conversations lasted 1-3 minutes really

>Ask for their number when you are finished conversing.
no point, they said plain as day "NOT INTERESTED"

>Also asking:
>"So why don't you have a date" is kind of lame.
maybe i'm an aspie but i dont understand this at all. they're at a club, a social event, with over 100 people mingling. and they're sitting there in the corner on their phone alone. seemed like the rest of girls were tlaking to guys. i even walked up to groups of 2-3 girls just to talk to them like i said, no luck at a..

i'm not depressed from rejection or anything, i just didn't seem to derive any learning experience from it because IDK what i did wrong? all i can think of is 5'08 MANLET although i do see guys my height with girls all the time...
>>
>>17101880
Lol. Do you want to be friends?

Better they be honest man and tell you the truth about their interest.

Also, sometimes chicks don't want to be hit on all the time. "why don't you have a date" sounds condescending.
>>
File: IMG-20150909-WA0027.jpg (233 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150909-WA0027.jpg
233 KB, 600x1000
>>17101961
that would be preferrable to being strangers. i asked two girls who were giving me "please go away" signals so i asked "you don't want to be friends?" and they said no. this was after only asking them a few questions, like uni/work/graduation/hobbies/etc. just banter

the 2nd time i got rejected and asked that same question and got the same response i then asked 'just tell me why not? too fat? too short? too ugly?'

i didn't get a reason, and that is what irks me. i have no idea WTF i did wrong. i've been lifitng, working, accumulating money, getting my life on track. i'm only going up. but every single girl i went to wanted nothing to do with me and i have no fucking idea why.

am i ugly or something?
more pics: http://imgur.com/a/vgMmN

i know at my height only 25-40% of girls consider me undateable because of it, and that's all races, i talked to plenty of brown girls who a shorter and dont focus so much on height
>>
>>17101961
>Also, sometimes chicks don't want to be hit on all the time. "why don't you have a date" sounds condescending.
condescending? i just asked:

>why are you all alone on your phone [at a social event which exists for the purpose of minging]
or simply
>hey whats up

what should i say as an opener instead
>>
File: 1450458329765.jpg (181 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1450458329765.jpg
181 KB, 1024x576
>>17102060
No two interactions should be the same. So, I can't really give you a static convo starter.

You aren't a bad looking guy, you might just be having shit luck.

But to be certain, it's not a man's world. When you get to 30ish thing start to be more in your favor, but it is a lady's game.

The whole world caters to this "woman are wonderful" thing.
>>
>>17102094
>No two interactions should be the same. So, I can't really give you a static convo starter.

I just want a few examples dude. is there 0% potential success for walking up to a girl sitting alone on her phone at a club? is there something someone (who wasn't 6'3 and 230lbs of muscle) said in a simular situation and had positive results?
>>
>>17101633
Are you sure you just don't have a chip on your shoulder from striking out on your birthday weekend?

No one wants to be alone for such an event. You should have been out just enjoying yourself not trying to hook up.

Expectations make us wretched.
>>
File: 1450222881493.jpg (280 KB, 500x779) Image search: [Google]
1450222881493.jpg
280 KB, 500x779
>>17102126
You know its fully possible those chick just aren't looking for someone?
>>
>>17102126
strike up a conversation about something unique that you noticed about them. Be sincere:

>their shirt
>a piece of jewelry
>the band that's playing
>a song she chose
>the drink she is having
>>
>>17102048
Jeez you're scaring looking dude. You look pretty normal I guess, but you can see crazy in a persons eyes and lips. If I were a girl I wouldn't give you a shot lol
>>
>>17102141
then why the fuck are they at the club in the first place??
>>
There's nothing wrong with you, your looks or your achievements. You're def a top catch. It's a problem with your attitude - you try too hard. There's more to social interaction than just the obvious. Females are more often much more sensitive to these undercurrents. When you come onto them like that, you seem too intensive, like an excited puppy. Women interpret this as you just trying to get laid, and that is an instant turn off. What gets to women is subtle innuendo and the power play in conversation.

Try to forget about women a bit and just focus on your own thing. When you have an intense passion about something that gets you forward in life you shine like a flame to all the girls and they'll want to jump in on the wild ride. Steer your attention away from the ladies and they will start pouring in, mark my words. It's not logical, it's not rational, but neither are we humans.
>>
>>17102162
To have a drink, hang out, and dance you idiot.
>>
>>17102154
crazy? i'm just about the most altruistic person that i know desu. all of my closest friends ask me for advice.

are you saying "mentally insane / schizophrenic" or something? it's hard for me to smile for a camera
>>
>>17102175
>To have a drink, hang out, and dance you idiot.

translation:
>to pay for overpriced drinks
>hang out with a few friends and 100 strangers, nearly all of the guys trying to pull girls
>dance
personally i don't really like dancing at all. and it was so jam packed you couldn't really dance much. it was just mingling of groups, should i sat with groups of guys and girls? i figured that would be a bad idea

i just want to know the most effective/systematic routine for meeting girls and getting phone #s at a club or bar. this shit is like rocket science to me and i don't have a 'social circle' to meet girls in
>>
>>17102188
You're making the classic error, you're over-analyzing and rationalizing a completely irrational situation which is a group of flawed, multi-faceted and mostly instinct-driven humanbeasts. There's just way too many variables at work. The only way you can have success is to tone down the spiraling circles of logical grasping and focus on being yourself and relaxing as best you can. These things happen if they happen. You can't force it.
>>
>>17102198
>focus on being yourself and relaxing as best you can. These things happen if they happen. You can't force it.

it was my 23rd birthday. a few nights before i was talking to this 30yo girl who was pretty cool, i asked her to guess my age and she was right. i asked her to guess how many GFs i ever had and she said 4-5. i've had ZERO.

"being myself" is not going to work unless i change myself into something that is more conducive to getting girls. I can't grow taller but I work out. I have nice clothes, i have a job that makes me more money than i know what to do with, a degree from a top 20 uni in the country, a huge tv, badass pc, a car -- essentially everything....
except a gf.

that's what "being myself" has accomplished throughout 23 years of me life. and i go out and i try to talk to introduce myself to girls, just "beeing myself" and i got rejected about 10-15 times and i'm not depressed about the rejection it's just irksome... like when i'm doing programming and there's an compiling that is mindfucking the shit out of me and it's probably some simple solution
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.