[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to Move?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I am being promoted at work to a position which will allow me to move anywhere I want within the continental United States. The problem is I have no idea where I want to move. I'd like to be close to a beach and live someplace that's good to raise kids, but is more metropolitan. I have already lived in Nevada, Ohio, Iowa, Georgia, New Jersey, and Indiana and don't want to go back to any of those places. I am also not interested in deep south states like Mississippi or Alabama. Where would you live /adv/ if you could live anywhere in the states?

Here is a little about me

$150K+ annual income
Kids
More of a homebody, but like having options to do different things
I want a boat so close to the water is key (large lake or ocean)
Here are some areas I am thinking:

Carolina Coast
Florida - Tampa or West Palm Beach
California - (Not LA or San Francisco)
>>
>>17101341
It's so 2016 seeing someone who makes more than 150 thousand dollars a year asking advice on 4chan about where to move
>>
>>17101341
just gonna put out there, you said you don't want to live in the deep south but Mobile actually fits all your criteria, I've been there a few times when my ship came into port and I was really impressed by it compared to the rest of the south.

Tampa and WPB are extremely boring areas just fyi. If you're going to live in Florida live in Miami or Jacksonville. If you want to live in California but not LA/SF how about San Diego or Santa Barbara, both are very nice.
>>
>>17101341
Seattle, WA if you don't want snow.

Minneapolis, MN if you do.

Your metropolitan requirement is pretty shit.
>>
>>17101354
It's not necessarily required, but I want to be closer to a city. I am not into rural and don't really like excess snow or rain.>>17101354

>>17101347
Household income. I like hearing different perspectives.
>>
>>17101350
I am adding Jacksonville and Santa Barbara to the list. Thanks!
>>
File: facilities-redondo-beach.jpg (88 KB, 350x240) Image search: [Google]
facilities-redondo-beach.jpg
88 KB, 350x240
>>17101341
You should check out Redondo Beach California. Its just south and west of LA and has nice, moderate temperatures, and clean air from the ocean breeze. The only downside is the coal plant but it is decommissioned and there are plans to tear it down which should increase property value!
>>
>>17101653
Is that the place that smells like a sewer?
>>
>>17101730
I have a vacation house out there and it's quite nice (and free of sewer smell I assure you). Its a little pricy but a $150k paycheck should be able to afford it with some saving. My house was like $1.17 mil a few years ago or something like that. Potential $500k increase if they put that coal plant to good use once they take it down.
>>
Charleston, SC. Probably right up your alley~
>>
>>17102631
I have Jacksonville, FL and Charleston, SC on the top of my list. I will take a closer look at Redondo Beach, as well.
>>
>>17101354
Minneapolis fag here. I second this.

Minneapolis has lots of dining and entertainment arts and whatnot, and lots of lakes/rivers to choose from. Live in the southeast and you can have the whole riverr.
The snow we get is pretty over-exaggerated, maybe 10-15 days of the year there's snow on the road.

Minneapolis is basically Seattle of the midwest.

Education is great here.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.