[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
covering stuff with makeup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: help.png (4 KB, 666x320) Image search: [Google]
help.png
4 KB, 666x320
Posted this on /fa/ but got no replies lol, so trying here.

I have a red birthmark caused by blood vessels on my neck which I'm finally getting treated by pulse dye laser. This unfortunately leaves big bruising for 1-2 weeks.

I usually use Dermablend to cover it, but dermablend is shit in that it's usually either way too orange, or too red. I am veeery pale, and I used the palest product they have which is still too dark/red/orange. I can mix it with white makeup but it diluted the hold of the product and collects in folds of my neck.

Are there any other products which COMPLETELY cover marks/bruising and are for very pale people and aren't too orange/red?
>>
>>17100483
bamp... pls halp
>>
Just wear a scarf/turtlenecks?
>>
>>17101015
I wear scarves everywhere. It's getting really uncomfortable because it's hot here now and it looks strange wearing a scarf in such weather. Plus it doesn't cover it all (bruises go up to my chin) and I can't wear scarves in the gym.
>>
>>17101043
Honestly though, does it matter? No one cares too much and the make-up probably looks worse.
>>
>>17101059
I'd rather not have massive, nearly black bruises all over my neck it looks disgusting
>>
If you cover it up like you're ashamed people will think it's a hickey
>>
Post a picture so we can come up with an objective solution.
>>
>>17100483
Yeah, don't bother. People may take a double look, but everyone will just figure it's a bruise from a seatbelt of something. Seriously, ask yourself how concerned you would be if you saw the same thing on someone else. Probably very little right? Then no one is going to be that concerned with your bruises. I saw a lady with a black eye and stitches in her cheek today. I did a double take, hoped that she healed soon, and went on with my day. I didn't think any less of her at all. You are not such a special snowflake that everyone cares about your neck, and if they do then they are assholes. If you don't give a shit neither will anyone else.
>>
>>17101344
I know people don't care, I just don't want to look like shit right now. I've come to terms that I'm going to look like a disaster for 6 months until this is sorted out (it's not just one bit, it's my whole neck) so I'd like to cover it up when I go out.
>>
>>17100483
I'm also paste-white. It sounds like you need the lightest "warm" (yellow) tone. Even if your skin isn't yellow, which you can check by looking at the skin on the underside of your forearm, you don't fight red (or purple) with red. You may need to change brands for the right shade though.
>>
>>17101595
mm, I did a lot of research and dermablend seemed the most recommended. it looks fine until it dries, because it dries a completely different color than what it comes out
>>
File: concealertest.jpg (11 KB, 226x300) Image search: [Google]
concealertest.jpg
11 KB, 226x300
>>17101648
I'm just going to toss out a few other things, because makeup/cover-up is trial and error unless you can get a hold of someone who specializes in makeup.

How thick are you laying it onto your skin? Some of these products are meant to be built up with many thin layers.

Have you tried products aimed more at covering tattoos? Dark ink is very visible, pic related (quick n' dirty test I did w/ ballpoints and the stuff I use - L'Oreal True Match W1/2/3 fair/light crayon concealer followed by True Match W1 Porcelain foundation). My stuff is just plain old face makeup, but I'd imagine tattoo concealers would do a better job.

If the contrast between your bruising and your usual skin is too much, you still might not get 100% with a reasonable amount of makeup on that one area. 70% coverage is still less noticeable than full-on bruises.
>>
You need color correction. Look up the color wheel, you will need a green color corrector. Put your concealer then foundation over it. There are so many good products out right now.
>>
File: colocorrection-1024x731.jpg (63 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
colocorrection-1024x731.jpg
63 KB, 1024x731
>>17102962
This was done with green color corrector!
>>
>>17102962
>>17102976
Haven't tried any green, will pick some up today and see how good I can get it to look

>>17102775
>How thick are you laying it onto your skin?
First I put on Dermablend's leg cover creme as it's supposed to fully dry. It's the one that's too red but I use it like a base. Then once that's dried I use Dermblend's lightest cover creme and mix it with some white makeup, and apply it on top.

It looks okay unless you get close, or until it begins to pile up in the folds of my neck.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.