[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with fear of what lies beyond death? What if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 768x768
How do you deal with fear of what lies beyond death? What if we're concious of our existance after we die but we can't do anything at all? Just float in a void forever until we lose our minds? What if there is something, but it's eternal and painful, in whatever way? It's not something anybody fucking knows, and I've been reading too many cosmic/eternal nothingness stories, but I want to know how you handle it when you get the heeby jeebies about death.

Should I become religious if I don't honestly have an interest in that stuff? Will it save my soul?
>>
>>17099419

>what if theres this?
>what if theres that?

then there is nothing we can do about it. the best logic i heard is tihs, and im misquoting a hell of a lot but here goes:

Live your life as best as you can, where you do your best for you and the people around you. If there is a god, and he is just, he wont care that you didn't accidentally pick the wrong religion, he will only care that you were a good person and did your best not to hurt others. If there is a god and hes not just, then he will send you to hell or whatever despite being a good person, therefore he is not worth worshipping anyway.

besides, reincarnation is probably the most scientifically sound one there is.
>>
>>17099419
To didn't exist before so what is the big deal?
>>
>>17099448

this is a good point. if you cant remember life before life its a good indicator you wont remember after. wouldnt worry.
>>
>>17099419
I try not to trivialize death by pretending it is anything more than the end. It makes you appreciate the now even more. Ashes to ashes.
>>
You sound like a delusional retard. There's nothing after death. You're done, period.
>>
>>17099419
The difficulty with thinking about death is that you can't help thinking of yourself as being alive in death. What would it feel like to be in a coffin? What would it be like to look down on the earth and watch it go on? Will it hurt being dead?

All those questions assume living consciousness. But death is not like living in a different apartment. Death is nothingness - and not the experience of being in nothingness, because there is no you there to experience anything.

To quote the playwright Tom Stoppard, Death isn't.
>>
Death reponds to the primary rhing in the nothingness apartment of mind. When you find yourself rhinking about it, it's just anxiety disguissed as a thought.
Start thinking about funerary rituals. I'd recomend you to read something about yoruba's funerary rythes and how the longing for inmortality from the body or ideas haa been an issue since forever. There's not just one odea about afterdeath. There are A lot, and some of them are filled with marvelous things, man.
>>
>>17099419
Did you ever think what where you before you where alive? (I mean not biological) it is the same question like what are you after you die. Do we have souls, or everything it is bio lottery?
Did god punish people with cancer, or it is bio lottery?
Is there god?Is there hell?
Question for me that you don't really need to overthinking them. Nor the science nor the religion can give you answer. So don't thinking about it anon.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.