[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What i need to travel by foot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Trail.jpg (19 KB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
Trail.jpg
19 KB, 300x262
What i need to travel by foot?
>>
Context: Just got 18 years old, before starting my university i want to travel alone 720 km by foot alone, i dont know what to say to my mom, but i want tips, and opnions about this plan.
If my mother didnt accept what's the plan? go anyway?
My country is not popular doing that, i know is strange doing that on your own country btw.
>>
Planning doing like a "Into the wild movie" for just 1 mouth, have a ride, meet people, walk a lot, but nothing like isolation.
>>
Idiotic plan
>>
>>17098996
Why?
>>
This sounds pretty cool. I've thought about doing this myself, once. If I were you, I would go as /out/. Since they specialize in this sort of thing.
>>
>>17099004
Thanks will post there.
>>
If you have no experience hiking I would reconsider. Start that as a hobby before attempting something this huge. You will likely regret doing this and give up a few days in.

It's not impossible, people hike the applachian trail alone. But these are usually very experienced hikers who understand how to travel lightly and prepare for the truly absurd caloric intake needed for walking all dsy, so it isn't cheap either.
>>
>>17098975
>>17098993
You're wasting your time, stop pretending to be someone you aren't.
>>
>>17099018
I want to do it, is not because i see in a movie, i really thinking on this.
>>17099014
0 experience, but i am young, in will be on the road,highway and streets.
>>
I am from brazil guys. this isnt popular here. the only problem for me is the money for food. my plan is to sleep in the gasoline posts with a tent, walk, read and meet people.
>>
>>17099028
Don't matter if you're young or whether it's a forest or not. If you're walking all day you're hiking and if you have no experience you might as well be 40.

Seriously, go on some strenuous weekend hikes before even planning for something like this.
>>
>>17099049
Ok, but whats is your concern? i die on the way? exhaustion? get robbed?
>>
legs
feet
shoes (optional)

ok you're set
>>
Things you will need

>YETI COOLER
>COLUMBIA OUTDOOR WEAR
>CHACO SANDALS
>SMART WOOL TACTICAL SOCKS
>NIKE DRI FIT ELITE BUCKET HAT
>>
>>17099078
All possible, more likely you just give up because you weren't prepared at all. Disappointing yourself and everyone who knew you were doing this.

Exhaustion in particular is a pitfall many newbie hikers run into. They exert themselves all day, don't feel hungry, and don't get enough calories. Next day they pass out on a trail because their legs have turned to jelly.

Your plan also seems very poorly thought out. This is why I would encourage you to go on a few several-day hikes so you better understand the endurance needed and the supplies you'll have to carry. Pitching a tent at gas stations would probably get you arrested here in America but who knows with Brazil.
>>
>>17099110
Here if you ask the honor wont have problems,
i see your point, but if i just walk 4 hours a day, i I practice sports everyday, i dont want to dissapoint me and anyone, soo i think i can do it.
>>
>>17099134
Those aren't a replacement for walking all day several days in a row. You need real practice.

Sounds like you're running more on romantic fumes then actually trying to make this into a reasonable plan.
>>
>>17098993
>Planning doing like a "Into the wild movie"
Do you know how that movie ended?
>>
>>17099134
Try a three day hike first.
>>
A CHL, and a sub-compact frame handgun. I recommend the Kel-Tec pf9.

A backpack restocked every night when done with affairs, and changes of clothes for environment. Dress for practicality, bring style.
>>
>>17098969
feet
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.