[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parenting advice? Six years ago my sister was murdered I adopted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Ppus.jpg (361 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ppus.jpg
361 KB, 750x1000
Parenting advice? Six years ago my sister was murdered I adopted her baby( dont know who the father is).The rest of my family wants me to tell her she's not mine but I don't want too well at least not yet
>>
It will come up at some point regardless since your family want her to know.

Are you alone or do you have an SO to look after her with?
>>
>>17098832
The time is near when you should have to tell her, but you're probably the best judge of when to do that is. Just don't wait too long.
>>
>>17098832
Let her bring it up.
>>
>>17098832
The problem with >>17098870 is that she probably wouldn't know to ask. What reason would she have to think she's adopted?

We don't really have enough information here. Has your family just been pretending your sister never existed, or that she never had her? What does your daughter already know about the situation? I'd say this is a good opportunity for entry; telling her the story of how great of a person her "aunt" was, and how great she is, and that she happened to come out of her, so she's what you would call a "biological mother," but all that means is that it's where you came from, but we love you so much we wanted to raise you ourselves. Make the distinction between biology and "who you are" very clear, and let her know that nothing has really changed about anything, and that she is still who she thinks she is. Your family is right, though - it's better to deal with this issue early and have it be something she carries with her rather than wait and have it potentially shatter her identity later.
>>
damn, I'm sorry about your sister anon. nothing really to add besides you'll probably know when the right moment comes before anybody else does.
>>
She's at least 6 now. If you tell her any later, you might mess her up. I would have told her sooner, to be honest.
>>
I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but you should tell her as soon as she is vapable of understanding. I don't have the information to know whether or not she is capable just yet, but at six years, it probably won't be much longer.

So what does she call you now? Daddy?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.