[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being so insecure about my height? From what I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2v1kDIe.jpg (84 KB, 594x850) Image search: [Google]
2v1kDIe.jpg
84 KB, 594x850
How do I stop being so insecure about my height?
From what I've seen and experienced, it's the trait that has the greatest affect on attractiveness, and short men are ripped on so much in the media, in passing conversation, etc. and it's really starting to hurt. I don't want to show that I'm sensitive to that sort of thing because then I become the "cute" little guy, but when even my friends talk disparagingly about short men around me, I feel like an absolute bag of shit.
>>
pick up a sport where you're at an advantage for being short.
>>
File: chloe-sevigny-uniqlo-1.jpg (42 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
chloe-sevigny-uniqlo-1.jpg
42 KB, 500x420
>>
>>17098100
Sorry, forgot the post.

This guy I heard from is successful and married said he never thought of himself as short. He's 5'8 and went his whole life never considering himself short.

Don't think about it. You apply meaning to everything about yourself so don't waste it on some dumb shit like "I'm a failure because of my height!".
>>
>>17098048
What's your height?
>>
>>17098117
5'6"
>>17098092
What are some sports? The only one I can think of is boxing/wresting and other sports with weight classes.
>>17098108
Still shorter than him. I know it's destructive to blame my height, but it burns when women talk down to me or people say things like "heh manlet" I suppose I just need to try to get past it.
>>
>>17098048
well how tall are you?

i think you need to relax. a lot of girls i know don't end up dating 6'-something tall basketball players, and are perfectly fine and very pleased with their 5'-something boyfriends.

myself included. some of the qt's of the qt's i've fallen for have been under 6'0". i meet a guy whose face and body looks like adonis at the gym, but he must be something like 5'5" at most. (maybe 5'4" without his shoes) i'd still date/marry/fuck him if i were still single. i always catch myself looking at him, but i feel like he's out of my league anyway. the dude is seriously gorgeous, he could be a calvin klein model if there wasn't such a thing as a height minimum in the modelling world lol.

my current boyfriend is 5'8" and whines about being short too. but he's just so goddamn handsome and sweet. he gets regularly hit on as well.

i've met and dated taller guys too and it was really nothing special. maybe a little awkward if anything because our difference in height was so huge.

i'm 5'3" and i don't look like a midget monster, and a lot of decently attractive girls i know feel the same way, so there's still hope.
>>
>>17098048
Hang out with people shorter than you. Remember, you're taller than some people.
>>
>>17098148
I'm 5'5 and absolutely destroy everyone on long climbs on the bike. too bad if you're short and fat
>>
>>17098171
Hah that's definitely an idea, literally all of my male friends are taller than me (Ranging from 5'7" to 6'3")
Maybe it'd be interesting to get another perspective, if I even can find someone shorter than me.
>>
>>17098048
You remind me of a good friend of mine.

Out of curiosity what is your first initial?
>>
>>17098196
My first initial is C.
>>
>>17098217
Is your second initial also C?
>>
>>17098220
Yeah, it is
shiet
>>
>>17098229
Well I most likely know who you are but I'm not gonna tell you but here's some advice.

Stop worrying about something you were born with. Stop caring about the thoughts of others. You are human just like everyone else so don't get upset about something as superficial as height. I'm certain you are a good person and you shouldn't be worrying about shit like that.
>>
>>17098239
but i'm not gonna tell you who I am *

and also
>>17098229
Every human has a certain insecurity and we cling on to these insecurities and think everyone is also thinking about the thing we are insecure about but the truth is no one cares except yourself.
>>
>>17098251
Are you Jupp by any chance?

Regardless, thanks a lot for the kind words. I guess it's self-evident that I just need to stop caring about it, and that's the goal that I should work towards. I'll need to better myself as a person, I suppose.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.