[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Is a girl >Was offered an exchange scholarship to go to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Ñ.jpg (38 KB, 650x679) Image search: [Google]
Ñ.jpg
38 KB, 650x679
>Is a girl
>Was offered an exchange scholarship to go to southern Spain for 2 weeks
>Will visit Madrid before southern Spain with two other girls
>The girls are from my uni and I've only them once during a pre-trip meeting
>Has an online friend whom I have been talking to for two years who live 2 hours drive away from Madrid
>He is 18, male, comes from a shitty town with a lot of potheads (although he claims he is not into drinking and smoking weed)
>Online friend said he may ask his brother to come along
How to stay safe? We will meet in a public place (maybe the airport, a cafe, or a tourist attraction). His brother may show us around.
Also, what to do if the two other girls freak out and think it is dangerous? How should I tell them about this?
>>
>>17096399
How to stay safe is to not meet him at all.
>>
>>17096431
Is it really that dangerous?
>>
>>17096399
Spainfag here. He may be a geek or a robot. Plenty of people like this here and nothing too bad about it. If you see any red flags stay the fuck away, tho.
>>
>>17096463
Yeah he is a geek. He is in high school so he is not a NEET.
This guy advised me not to meet him at all though >>17096431
>>
>>17096467
That's how I met my girlfriend. I'd say as long as you don't get drunk or go to any dark places right after meeting then you'll be ok. Tell the. To guide you to the most emblematic places of the city and CARRY A MAP or google gps with you so you won't get lost. Cities here are relatively safe except for pickpockets. More tourists= more pickpockets.
>>
>>17096450
to risk being snatched/raped/violated/etc. by a person you only know through the internet in a foreign country?

Oh, not at all.
>>
>>17096511
What you've said contradicts with this guy though
>>17096512
What about those other two girls who are coming along with me? I've only met them after being selected for the trip and I don't know them before. What if they think this is dangerous?
>>
>>17096517
Just listen to the first guy. As long as you make sure to meet with him in a well populated public place in the daytime you should be fine. And remember at any point if you feel unsafe you can leave (so long as you at least somewhat know where you are).
>>
>>17096517
It doesn't, really. Meet but be somewhat wary at first. It all depends on the type of person you meet. If a stranger approaches you and says hi you're not gonna yell "RAAAAPE!!!!!", Right? Your friend should know more about him. Look at his pictures and info if you think he may be a shady guy.
>>
>>17096541
>Just listen to the first guy
Well he is the guy who told me not to meet him at all to stay safe
>so long as you at least somewhat know where you are
Well I will not go to the middle of nowhere with them
How to convince these two girls to come along to meet my online friend though? I am scared they will freak out/think it is unsafe/tell their parents. It's not like they are my friends as I've just met them.
Captcha pic: por favor sign
>>
You need wingman... hidden.... and other tag along.

Otherwise, you will be a victim of fat man who likes to rape then disappear in the wild.

Not joking..
>>
>>17096552
>Your friend should know more about him
No, I am the only girl who knows my online friend. These two girls are accompanying me as they were selected for this Spain trip as well. I don't know how they will think of this. Should I honesty tell them that I met him online?
I don't think he looks shady. Just a typical blond high school kid who looks more German than Spanish. I've skyped with him before.
So... should I not meet him at all? I don't want to miss this opportunity though. It's not like I live close to Spain.
>>
>>17096558
>hey, wanna meet with sum friend? He has a hot brother.
Set
>>
>>17096399
This same query has appeared twice before, about a month apart. Either there are a whole lot of girls with Spanish penpals, or OP is repeating herself.
>>
>>17096593
I repeated myself as I've been getting different responses. Even in this thread, they vary from "you will be raped" to "it will probably be ok".
>>
>>17096600

I will reply only once.

Who you know -personally- -face2face- is better than who you will know.

Seriously, how would you know -sure- that he won't lure you to his place or somewhere far away from help? by his kindness and peer pressure?

If I were you, I would meet legit friends.. not some random on facebook who has few pictures posted and god knows who is it.

Geez how naive are you?
>>
>>17096600
>"you will be raped" to "it will probably be ok".
But they aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
You again? You have posted this same thing on multiple boards the last few weeks.

Short answer: it's safe. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>17096834
I didn't meet him on Facebook.
>>17096924
Some people in this thread said it is unsafe.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.