[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The toughest part of a tough breakup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Man sitting in dark.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
Man sitting in dark.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend that I loved tremendously have recently broken up with me (we were together for 2 and a half years).

There are many very very hard things about the absence of -her- in my life, but there is one terrible things that is more about me and I can't find help about.

Ever since I realized we are about to split up (it was a process) I found myself exposed directly to the absurdity and absolute futility of life. It was something that obviously was in the back of my mind in some kind of intellectual sense while I was with her, but I didn't have to actually experience it. The love guarded me from it. I was loved and loved and it was enough. Now it all hitting me all day and it's so so bad.

I am a very active person - i'm engaged in many career related stuff, I have many "hobbies and interests", and it doesn't really help. It's no replacement whatsoever.

Life for *me* became from a great experience to a terrifying mishappen, and it's almost as bad as thinking about all the things about *her* that I lost ot gonna miss so much.
>>
Please respond and say what you can say from your experience and knowledge even though I didn't post a specific question.

This will be so kind and helpful, please
>>
I really have no idea what the exact issue is you're trying to describe here.
>>
>>17096349

Existential crisis derived from breakup
>>
>>17096396
well that's fairly normal to go through after a 2,5 year relationship.

some tips you could do:
rearrange your furniture, make your house different so your mind has something else to process
start doing things you never thought you'd do, take dance classes, go rock climbing, start lifting, go paint, hike, swim. preferably something that keeps your body active.
get in touch with friends, old friends you havn't spoken to for a while. meet up with them, have a beer, have a laugh. realise that the world is still there as it used to be and nothing changed other than the fact that someone left your side.

do NEW things, don't just stick to old habits because they will all remind you of the heartbreak and what you're missing right now.
>>
>>17096413

Thank you so much for responding.

I think that the new things tip actually sounds helpful, thank you. The only new thing I've done so far was starting to use sleeping pills, and that definitely wasn't for the sake of "new".
>>
>>17096435
i'm still recovering from my own breakup so I know it's hard anon.

I decided to start taking salsa classes soon once work quiets down a little bit in 2 weeks. I never ever would have done that before but I'm really looking forward to it and it's going to be a great way to meet some new people at least
>>
Man up, the world has not not changed.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.