[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problem. When is it socially acceptable to start seeing someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1460564196590.jpg (55 KB, 720x1134) Image search: [Google]
1460564196590.jpg
55 KB, 720x1134
Problem.

When is it socially acceptable to start seeing someone again after a break up without looking like a slut?

The guy I was seeing cheated on me so the break up mid March was very hostile. I got over it, I hope, haven't seen him since.

Someone got very interested in me over the past 3 weeks. I guess I could like them too.

Can I give them a chance without looking like a slut?
>>
If they cheated on you? I think you have the social upper hand. Go wild, he lost the mourning process the moment he betrayed your trust
>>
>>17094525
I dunno, the next day? Thanks to college tumblrinas you're pretty much in the clear to do whatever you want.
>>
>>17094540
See, I dont know.
It feels like I need to wait a certain amount of time before I can get even to something that is not very serious.

I get along with this guy very well, and maybe we could actually become a relationship, just the question is, is it socially acceptable for me to just jump from one guys arms to the others...

Tumblr? Is anyone actually using that? O.o
>>
>>17094525
Generally, the rule of thumb is a month for every year you were together, minimum 1. But circumstances do matter. Your ex was a schmuck and a cheater, and that grants you a lot of leeway: you should be fine at half or even a quarter of that.
>>
>>17094556
>It feels like I need to wait a certain amount of time before I can get even to something that is not very serious.
If you feel like you need to wait longer, then you probably should. Not because of what people will think, but for your own well-being.
>>
>>17094575
Truth
>>
>>17094575
Should I keep the flirting with the new guy? Not doing nothing serious, but it feels fun. I just don't want the guilt to get me for this,
>>
>>17094590
You shouldn't be feeling any guilt. Do what feels good, but try not to lead the poor guy on too much
>>
>>17094525
you shouldnt care who views you as a slut except your best friend
>>
>>17094556
its socially acceptable but you dont want to get tied in a knot between two guys emotionally you should wait a few months desu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.