[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop caring about having a relationship? I did it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1461226075884.gif (477 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1461226075884.gif
477 KB, 500x313
How do I stop caring about having a relationship? I did it a few months ago and was a lot less sad. Now I'm back to agonizing over the fact that no one gives a shit about me.
>>
>>17094441
I genuinely want you to find someone that loves you, so it's not like no one gives a shit about you.
>>
>>17094441
It can be hard, but I find the best route is self improvenent, whatever that may be for you. Maybe physical or mental or spiritual. I know it can be hard though, I'm visiting some family this weekend and they mention us kids having families and stuff, I'm one if the few currently single without kids at 27 years old. I try to push it out of my mind, I've been really hurt in the past and know what I want and won't settle for less at this point
>>
>>17094465

Not him but

>do self improvement
>immediately feel good

>realize it's still just a distraction from >no gf
>>
First off, why can't you get a gf? What do you feel is holding you back?
>>
>>17094493
Niche hobbies, niche humor, not particularly attractive, I stay in my room most of the time, no job, and most importantly downright shitty social skills.

I feel like if I was in a relationship I would be valued. It's not even just a sexual relationship. I've been in college a whole year and I haven't made a single friend.
>>
>>17094563
Almost none of the things you listed have been things that turn off women.

Not having a job might put her off, because she'd have to pay for all your dates and drive you everywhere. Socializing isn't that hard, unless you are autistic or something (please note I'm being serious, as somebody who has minor aspergers, I'm not making fun of you).

But, niche hobbies, niche humour, not super attractive? There's girls that'll love you anyhow despite those 'flaws'. I know at least a few women who dig nerdy guys with dark/alternative humor and are rather introverted. I'm going to be honest with you though, they are not going to be instagram models or otherwise extremely popular, outgoing young women. I'm not saying they'll be ugly, but they won't be "conventionally attractive" because, well, you aren't either.
>>
>>17094608
Not having a job isn't the biggest problem yet because I'm a college student (for now). And I have a car.

I've never been formally tested (because I refused to be) but my high school psychologist suggested I have mild aspergers. I never know how to initiate social interactions, and the few times I'm forced into one I usually say something inappropriate.
>>
>>17094441
Easy don't do relationships.

Tada you have experienced a relationship they really aren't that great, and they make you feel worse after they are done.

Also a relationship doesn't make you happy.
>>
>>17094661
I know it won't. That's why I'm asking how to stop caring if I'm in one.
>>
>>17094667
>>17094667
More shitty relationships? Eventually you get tired of them and realize they are not worth the trouble just for sex or closeness or whatever it is you seek.

Get some friends focus on other relationships where people actually do care about you.

Generally speaking your friends and family will always care more about your wellbeing than your girlfriend/wife or whatever.

Try finding folks with similar hobbies with you build on those relationships with your friends and go from there.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.