[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure how to approach/deal with girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: immortanpepe.jpg (26 KB, 271x325) Image search: [Google]
immortanpepe.jpg
26 KB, 271x325
Ok, so a girl told me in no uncertain terms she liked me last Tuesday night. Things were kind of awkward (we're both very shy) and she got worried, telling me "you can forget I said anything if you want - maybe it would be too awkward" and I got worried she was going to flake, so I told her we can just take things one step at a time and try to get to know each-other better.

The next day she acts like nothing happened between us in public, no looks or anything, but one-on-one she obviously enjoys my company. I try to offer to spend time with her helping with her homework/maybe watch TV but she's really busy that day.

That night, we have a deep conversation via text (she's only really comfortable texting at the moment I think) and we're basically "going out", according to her.
>>
File: the feel cobra unit.jpg (148 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
the feel cobra unit.jpg
148 KB, 800x1107
>>17094176
I unfortunately have to leave the following day for work-related reasons. We talk a bit that morning/about the weather etc, she's super busy with her studies (we have finals coming up) and so we part ways. Again, in public it's like nothing happened, although she did give me a look and a smile at one point.

Next day, I'm busy all day working, but I text her at like 8pm to ask her about some band she told me about the other day. She texts the next morning (i.e. this morning), a one-line answer kind of thing, and I texted back but didn't hear from her till this evening - she apologises, she was working since 11am and had to do overtime, we talk a bit about that, I ask her when she's heading back to the college and she says it's weather dependent.

I won't see her until either tomorrow evening or Monday. We'll be there Monday/Tuesday most likely, although she could stay longer, I don't know. I'm conscious that we've been in this kind of weird limbo for nearly a week now, only speaking every so often via text - and she doesn't text like instant answers, nor do I, we kind of text and get answers back to one another every 15/20 minutes or even an hour.

I haven't even had a proper conversation with her in person yet about things. I feel like we should go on a date, should I just text her tomorrow about this and just ask her if she wants to do something Monday or Tuesday? I'm worried I'm going to come on too strong, or text her too much or something, I don't want to scare her off because she's obviously very shy/awkward and she's also very busy. We both are, in fact.
>>
Just offer to hang out with her, but you need to find out where to do it and what you are going to do based on what she likes.

The texting is your friend for now. Use it.
>>
>>17094188
Ok, things are kind of complicated by the fact that our college is in a very rural and isolated area and there's nothing to do in the immediate vicinity, apart from hang out in the dorm common room - hence my suggestion of TV or something. The weather is also going to be terrible Monday and Tuesday.

I don't have a car yet unfortunately, but I'm planning on sorting that issue very soon. She, on the other hand, does have a car. It feels a bit shitty asking her to drive us but I could pay for whatever we do. I know she likes movies, but the nearest cinema is like 30-40 miles away, and she'd have to drive that.

We could go to the nearest town for dinner or something, she did that with her friend the day she asked me out (they were working together or something I think, like I said she's shy). That's one possibility, I suppose.
>>
>>17094211

Well just stick to talking to each other either by text or be person (seems like texting is the more comfortable way) and try to strengthen the friendship and find more things in common.
>>
>>17094245
I know we have a lot of interests in common, we were actually friends for a number of months. We were never the "one-on-one" kind of friends though, we were part of a little group of 4 friends that hung out together - she always asked me to come join them, in retrospect I should have seen this coming.

I have a number of date ideas for when college is over in two weeks and we can hang out in the city just down the road from where she lives.

I mean, I know we're both interested in history, politics, cars, motorcycles, guns, languages, TV shows like Aircraft Investigation and crime documentaries, we both like alt rock... nothing that really lends immediately itself to a date where we're going tomorrow but I could just text her and ask her what she thinks of stuff.

I downloaded and installed snapchat today for the first time because I know she has it, although I don't think she sends snapchats much. I also need to teach myself how it works but maybe that will help, once I figure out how to use it I might send her a snapchat of one of the wild baby rabbits in my garden or something
>>
File: bala.jpg (103 KB, 991x641) Image search: [Google]
bala.jpg
103 KB, 991x641
You know what, fuck it, should I just text her tomorrow like

>"Hey, what are your plans for Monday/Tuesday? Do you want to do anything like go grab something to eat? XYZ is a great restaurant"

Or something like that?

I don't want to come on too strong, but then again, I've been sitting on this thing for nearly a week now, I've asked her if she wants to hang out once and asked her if she wants to "talk about anything today" the next day, it's not like I've proposed twice to her already.

She's going to be busy as hell tomorrow, working a shift and then driving 30-40 miles, that's the only thing.
>>
>>17094314

gotta find a time when she isn't busy dude

if she gives you the cold shoulder, just keep talking to her as you have been doing
>>
File: 1424820263122.gif (2 MB, 440x285) Image search: [Google]
1424820263122.gif
2 MB, 440x285
>>17094332
Yeah, you're right. It sucks this is happening now when we're both busy as shit. I know we should both have pretty much the whole day free on Monday though, we've got an exam in the morning one hour apart (her first, me second) then nothing all day.

I think it would make sense to contact her tomorrow to ask her what her plans are. If I ask her if she wants to do something on Monday when I see her, it might be pretty short notice. On the other hand, she's also extremely busy tomorrow, and she probably won't text back until the evening or something, knowing her.

I know I'm overthinking this, it's my curse.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.