[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_tuntVG9O.jpg (54 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
4L_tuntVG9O.jpg
54 KB, 950x534
I've never had a real job before and I'm in need of money
So I've applied to a few places and none of them have called back
Any tips on landing my first job? No prior experience
>>
>>17094013
just stay calm, confidence and people skills are typically what they're looking for. it also usually helps to appear to be someone who is pleasant to spend time around because they're working with you so an interview is how they figure out if you're professional and not uncomfortable to be around
>>
It depends on what you are trying to apply to.

What did you try to apply for the first time around?
>>
>>17094013
as long as you avoid talking to fast. just talk as if you're talking to a family member you'll do well.

also when asked why you want that position a good answer would be that you want work experience
>>
>>17094073
I've just been on this app snagajob so far to see job openings but mostly like stocking, and serving food. I can't have a full time job since I'm also going to school so
>>
>>17094082

In that case it could just be location. I mean the places you apply to might just be looking for a full time worker and a full time worker only.

Just keep trying in retail, you might just be surprised.
>>
Target when I worked there was about of kids in college working flow, Don't give up just keep at it, be a good interview, being able to handle yourself in the interview can sometimes edge out expirience, be trainable, willingness, etc
>>
Helps if you're 18 if you're looking for like retail etc work.

Being a former manager, we preferred to hire 18 or older people. Minors have a shit ton of fucking laws and paperwork you have to go with.

Doesn't hurt to apply though, build a little resume talk about your classes your somewhat-professional hobbies your like...fake skills I guess "I'm great at time managment! I'm a great listener!"

Just having a resume like that looks good, we don't read it but it shows you care a little to actually get the job.
>>
>>17094947
This is also speaking in the US btw.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.