[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have crush on guy in my year at uni >assume he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: yVxksLt.jpg (466 KB, 1024x961) Image search: [Google]
yVxksLt.jpg
466 KB, 1024x961
>have crush on guy in my year at uni
>assume he's out of my league and not interested
>become closer friends
>overhear conversation with his friends
>apparently, he's been crushing on me for at least a year now

We've went to the theatre 3 times now, not sure if those were dates. I've tried to show my interest more openly, like playfully resting my head on his shoulders etc. He's said he'd like to invite me over and cook dinner for me.
How do I take it to the next level? Should I just be more physical with him? I grew up kinda sheltered, so I don't have any experience with guys.
>>
do the mario
>>
>>17092761
this will lead to nowhere
>>
How about just kissing him?
>>
>>17092807
Yeah, this will clear up any confusion. He seems kind of dense like how I was in my younger days. Some young guys are terrible at picking up signs and they are scared of rejection due to their own inexperience. Just kiss him and everything will work out.
>>
>>17092827
I don't mind making the first move, but the problem is that I've never kissed anyone in my whole life. From what I know about him, he doesn't seem to have that much more experience than me.
>>
>>17092836
Maybe just move really close. Rest your hand on his leg a lot. Gently put your hand on his face and he just might work up the courage to kiss you. Like just put your hand on his face and look into his eyes with a look of desire. If that doesn't do it then I don't know what will.
>>
>>17092836
Just kiss him you fag.
>>
File: it was me dio.jpg (40 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
it was me dio.jpg
40 KB, 500x282
>>17092754
That guy better hurry up and kiss you before Dio does.
>>
>>17092876
'no'.
>>
Communicating is the key.

had same happening to me, IM A MALE.
long story short this girl thought I was too good for her, well I didnt really love her but I had sympathy towards her but she was fairly distance so I didnt bother chasing her and she didnt chase me either because as I said i was too good for her.

well after 3-4 months his friend told me about it in the bar with "hey you're a lucky man so many girls desire you, evene anonette" so I clarified it and talked to her about it.

as I said, communicating is the key. lol it's so easy.
>>
File: 1436085553310.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1436085553310.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>17092897
>all this bragging with nothing to support it
>>
>>17092872
Ok, thanks. I will try it the next time. The last time we went to the theatre I was pretty drunk from the red wine we had, so I did touch his thigh, but only for a few seconds. I just hope he understood I wouldn't touch anyone's leg without being interested in the person.

>>17092875
Easier said than done!

>>17092876
As a guy, do you think that's appealing? I'm often not sure whether I should kinda tell/whisper to him to kiss me or whether it's better to just kiss him. But I wouldn't want to just catch someone totally off-guard.

>>17092883
I would also take Dio. I mean, I'm trying to make it really obvious already that I do like him, so I think a kiss would be an appropriate thing...
>>
>>17092876
Would this even work on anyone?
>>
>>17093599
oh fuck this would totally work on me. I'm the type of dude that'll go along with anything, so if he's a 'yes' man, I'd go for it girl. Also, don't be surprised if the kiss isn't mind-shattering, first times aren't all that important in the long run, it's the good ones that you remember
>>
Is this gay shit? also what school
>>
>>17093707
I'm female, so no, not gay shit.
>>
>>17093714
school?
>>
>>17093721
East coast
>>
>>17092775
MOVE YOUR ARMS, SIDE TO SIDE
>>
>>17095012
If this won't lead to OP finally getting the D , I don't know what will
>>
>>17093665
This sounds really tempting to try, just got to find the right mood
>>
>>17092754
>He's said he'd like to invite me over and cook dinner for me.

This is his (very scared and beta) way of asking you out. He's obviously afraid to take control, which happens, so you take control. When you next see him ask him when he's finally gonna cook that dinner for you. Tell him when you're free. Then go have a lovely dinner with your autistic bf and maybe fuck each other's brains out if you want to. Or watch Boku no Pico and cuddle. Just get the ball rolling with it. Life's too short to pansy around.
>>
>>17095657
Ok, thanks. I do want to make a move when I'm over for dinner. Watching something on his bed (not necessarily Boku no Pico) was my plan.
>>
>>17092761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uNCLBTje0
>>
OP here, if anyone has any other suggestions, please post. I'm still here in this thread!
>>
>>17097307
Ask him out. It's current year anyways so this kind of thing isn't uncommon. Just ask him if he'd like to go on a date with you.

>>17092872
This works, but there's a good chance he could be totally dense like most guys and just not get it. Be blunt, ask him out on a date first, you'll have plenty of time for feeling up his leg and kissing later.
>>
>>17097385
The last time we did something together, I was the one asking him. It was like "Hey, let's go to the theatre. Just the two of us." We have a few mutual friends, so I made sure to mention it to be just us. I don't know if that counts as an implied date? I did rub his thigh once, but only a few seconds. But I will definitely keep asking him out. Should I specifically mention "date"?

He's really shy and dense, I suppose. It's not so easy, since we're friends and both of us are scared of ruining it.
>>
>>17097413
>Should I specifically mention "date"?

Yes. This is what I'm telling you, guys are super dense. Literally say to him "Would you like to go out on a date sometime?".

>both of us are scared of ruining it.

Of ruining what? You guys both clearly like each other, the only way you'll ruin things is by not asking him out at this point. Just ask him out on a date. That'll clear up everything for him, and you'll be really happy you did.
>>
>>17097529
>Of ruining what? You guys both clearly like each other, the only way you'll ruin things is by not asking him out at this point. Just ask him out on a date. That'll clear up everything for him, and you'll be really happy you did.
That's what I needed to hear, you're absolutely right. Thanks!
>>
>>17097689
You have it really easy OP: he likes you + you already found out that he likes you. There is no way of screwing this up. I wish I was in your situation.
>>
>>17097752
>I wish I was in your situation
This
Having a crush on someone crushing on you is pretty rare
>>
>>17097752
>>17097762
You guys are right. Thanks for the encouragement. We are both pretty dense, I started crushing on him almost 2 1/2 years ago and was completely floored when I found out a few weeks ago that he likes me back, even though in retrospect it's making a lot of sense. I will make a clear move the next time we go out.
>>
how old are you?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.