[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made some bad choices in life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 184x274
I am not meeting milestones in life. It really hurts that I now try to pursue them and realize I am further behind than I thought. Making friends is difficult because people give off a vibe they capped off making friends and at the same time other people really made me feel awful about myself once I shared my disposition.

I am fucking scared that shit might not change. I held off for so long and fear nothing may work.
>family rejected me
>get rejection from people in life

I don't want to be 40 alone reflecting over a shitty life

What do I do?
>>
I'll be your friend
>>
What do you want to accomplish or fix? What milestones are you missing?
>>
>>17091154
Well, I been in and out of college for a degree I don't know if it is worth it. I am very much a loner, never had friends. I see many family members passing me up in life even the ones younger than me.

What I want to do is finish school and make friends, have a actual life started before 30. I don't want to be dependent at home anymore.

>>17091105
Thanks.
>>
here's the best advice i can offer as someone who's gotten his shit together for the most part:

what you want as an end goal means nothing from a practical perspective. forget the past and the present: the only good use of your time is to focus on the present, for it's the only time where you can effect any change. the only thing that matters is your routine and the systems you use on a daily basis. if you want the degree, commit to it and eliminate any uses of your time that aren't useful or productive. personally, i treat college like an 8-6 job.

as for making friends, just practice talking to people without any future expectations. it sounds like you really want some friends, but coming across as needy for interaction is a turnoff.
>>
>>17091242
I understand. You are true. I need to stop a lot of procastination and truly work on changing my daily methods. Will do the beginning tomorrow morning.

I felt that I always came across people either needy or don't want to be bothered. I don't know why I do it but it is unintentional. Just want to make some social life and not be a weird 30 year old person with no social skills.

Thank you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.