[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This just happened with gf: >lounging around apt. > she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 917x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 917x477
This just happened with gf:
>lounging around apt.
> she walks into living room
>we hug and she playfully squeezes me as tightly as she can
>"now let me try that on you"
>I squeeze her until she says stop
>her: let's try that again but I'll make a sound the whole time to see how my voice changes when being squeezed
>ok, hug her again tightly. She grunts. We laugh
> her: let's do that again
>me: nah, I don't want to.
> I just want to chill in bed
>she gets pissy, "I don't want to hang out anymore. I feel shamed."
>me: would it help if I just did it again so we can chill
>she gives me a shitty look
>I walk away confused

Is this as bat shit as it seems? I understand that there might not be enough context here, but I don't think normal people do this.
>>
>>17091031
I do things like this with my bf. You should just humor her. It feels bad to be rejected, even in a silly way like this.
>>
>>17091042
This.

Your girlfriend sounds adorable. Don't be such a dick.
>>
>>17091031
You told a woman "no". She is training you not to do it again
>>
>>17091056
A dick in the sense that I've rejected her because I didn't want to partake in one little thing? Something we had just done twice? I feel like I'm sort of missing the point by over simplifying this. But the reaction I received seemed disproportionately shitty to something construed as rejection.
>>
>>17091065

This.

She's conditioning you.

Like how a dog gets trained.

This kinda girl is the reason we got "*sigh* yes dear" husbands.

Y'know how bitches always be on like "Men are abusive and shit". Well that whole "yes dear" thing seems alot like learned helplessness don't it?

That's because it is. Our fathers and grandfathers and greatgrandfathers let themselves be trained like dogs.

And somehow, they were labelled the abusive ones.
>>
>>17091056
Yeah, no one likes a pity squeeze! If you're gonna say no, stick to your guns.
>>
Op here. I'm probably looking too hard for validation in feeling that I was in my right and the response was unfair to me. I'm also open to the idea that people do have feelings. Theirs are not mine and it's important to respect that. Leaves me confused altogether. :/
>>
>>17091088
Fair point. I feel me asking that added insult to injury.
>>
>>17091075
it just hurt her feelings because she was denied affection. could be any number of things, but i know when i was younger and was really insecure this might have bothered me. it might even still bother me a little now, but i've rationalized it enough that i don't respond to it in such a way. here's a genius idea- talk to her about it.
>>
>>17091091
Dude....just make your girlfriend happy. Whatever it takes, sometimes you have to do lame shit. But it's worth it.

Next time she's getting a little too playful for your taste, just kiss her. Take a little bit of control, but never reject her. Your job is to keep her happy and satisfied.

Apologize for being rude the other night and tell her that you love her.
>>
>>17091360
This is why i hate feminism, pretty much summed up perfectly in one post
>>
Stick to your guns OP. Do not treat your girl like a spoiled kid.
>>
>>17091094
You sound like a nice guy, OP. Don't overthink it. You're not responsible for keeping your gf entertained. And you understand that people don't wanna be offered affection out of obligation. Just say that you were tired and that you sometimes just wanna chill instead of play. And that you didn't realize it would hurt her feelings by offering to play out of obligation, but you can see now why it did. All good! (my guy and I went through something similar. So now, when he's had a stressful/bad day, he just tells me in advance so that I know he'd rather just chill like old married folks rather than play.)
>>
>>17091360
Not really seeing the connection between this and feminism, friend
>>
>>17091391
>>17091376
Meant to reply to you
>>
>>17091376

I'm not a feminist m8 I just love my girlfriend. It makes you look bad by saying it's a bad thing to be able to keep your woman satisfied.

If you can't eat pussy properly and keep her satisfied you may as well cut off your balls.
>>
>>17091402
>Feels so ashamed because his gf got sad about the fact he didn't squeeze her on demand that he's thinking about it long after and making threads about it on the internet
>Talks about other people cutting their balls off

It's not about shame or respect or her feelings, it's about control. She said jump and you didn't jump, and that's what upset her. You deciding that next time you'll jump even higher isn't you winning anything.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with people in this thread.

Saying you don't want to do something you just did fucking twice, something that's just kinda dumb, isn't enough to get someone angry or make them feel "shamed". Especially if you're just fuckin loungin and your gf comes up and says JUMP MONKEY JUMP. It's like damnit bitch I'm just chillin.

Next time shes just sitting on the couch start doing jumping jacks. Ask her to do them with you. If she says no get fuckin pissy and say you feel shamed for getting turned down.
>>
>>17091042
>>17091056
>>17091360
>>17091402
/adv/ makes my head hurt with shit like this. I'm not even a guy, but what even is this way of thinking?

OP your girlfriend was being overly emotional and honestly a little bratty. She probably knows it too. Don't get mad at her for it, but you absolutely do not, and should not, have to apologize or make up for anything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.