[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I've got a recurring problem with my boyfriend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Hi /adv/, I've got a recurring problem with my boyfriend. We both like playing games together but he's got this competitive spirit that always surfaces. Normally nothing wrong with that, everyone gets competitive and it's fun. But he takes it to the extreme where he gets extremely butthurt and angry if I beat him, then he gives up on the game and gives me the silent treatment after. Sometimes I've lost on purpose just so he doesn't go batshit, but this is starting to wear on me and makes me not enjoy playing games with him anymore.

One example of this: One time we played Smash 4 together, I beat his Bayonetta with my Captain Falcon and he slams his controller down and starts slinging insults at me, huffs and leaves the room, proceed to give me silent treatment for the rest of the night.
When I tried to confront him about all this later, he apologizes and promises not to do it again, only to do it again next time we play. I confront him again, he gets angry that he keeps losing against me, especially since I'm a girl.

What the shit do I do here? Do I just keep losing on purpose now and have no fun? The one activity I love doing with him has turned to shit and I'm tired of it all.
>>
>>17091027
Please. Dump his ass. The fact that you can beat him AND that he's a fucking child about it is not attractive nor fun.

I lose my temper when my bf beats me at tennis, because I'm a sore sport. But I don't dwell on it or take it out on him. I just use it to try to get better.
>>
>>17091027
Beat his ass in vidya, then give him a blowjob

He'll forgive you
>>
>>17091027
That's nothing, just wait until you burn dinner.
>>
>>17091027
sounds abusive.
>>
don't ask him to play
let him ask you then rip his ass open
> you ready for this ass whoopin?
> git gud
> fucken casual
he'll realize how much of a punk bitch he is and either kill himself or laugh it off
>>
this needs to be on Melee Hell lmfao

If this post was in all seriousness you should DEFINITELY dump him. You've told him he has a problem and he's done nothing to correct it. Leave before it possibly gets worse.

Also play Melee. Dump tr4sh bros along with you soon to be ex bf.
>>
>>17091049
In retrospect I think I'm going to be dumping him. It might be the best for my sanity if I want to keep my hobby. These incidents aren't the only time he's shown his anger too, he acts like a child and throws tantrums when something doesn't go right.

>>17091570
No idea what Melee Hell is, I don't follow the community that much.
>>
>>17091027
Why your boyfriend chinaman
>>
>>17091027
>especially since I'm a girl.
You deserve someone better..
>>
Bait. Reported.
>>
>>17091826
It's not him, just some random pic I pulled.
>>
>>17091027
There's nothing I enjoy more than beating my gf so you are the one who turned your relationship into shit
>>
>>17091845
>having private pic of random chinaman on your computer
You whore.
Your bf deserves better.
>>
Look at all these edgy trolls out tonight. Good night all~
>>
>>17091027
I'm a guy and I'm telling you he's a problem. He sounds immature or potentially abusive, maybe both. Move on. If this is how he acts over a lousy video game, how's he going to act over important things that don't go well.

Find another guy. My phone number is... (joking)

No, really. You need to separate. With a new guy or by yourself, you need to get away from him.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.