[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so I have an odd dilemma. I just took Calc III at community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 6659655835_4982e5f060_b.jpg (394 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6659655835_4982e5f060_b.jpg
394 KB, 1024x768
Okay, so I have an odd dilemma. I just took Calc III at community college (I took it before at a university, but it didn't transfer because of bureaucratic reasons). At the beginning of the semester I was lazy and got ~44% on the first midterm. then I got my act together and got 83% on the next one. The third midterm was full of surprises and had weird questions like I'd never seen before even though I did the homework, and I got another 44%. The cumulative final was monday and I got 81%

This professor drops the lowest midterm and I calculated my exact grade based on everything and it's.... just over 69.5% I need 70% to go on to diff eq.

How should I talk to him about this? Should I directly ask if he'll round up? I feel like the fact that I did decently on a cumulative final helps my case.
>>
>>17090252
Threaten him.
>>
>>17090279
kek.

I looked at his grading policy, and it's this:
"Grading Policy
90 – 100% A
80 - 89% B
70 – 79% C
60 – 69% D
Below 60% F"

So if he's consistent with his sigfigs (rounding to the nearest percentage point), I should pass. Should I mention that?
>>
Definitely talk to him. Profs sometimes are willing to work with you, especially when you showed that much improvement and you're that close. I don't think actually recommending a course of action is good tho. Some profs get kind of egotistical about running their classrooms.
>>
>>17090288
Yes. Meet him after class and discuss it while he is sitting at his desk. Make sure you bring a switchblade beforehand and keep it in your pocket. If he refuses to round up your grade, take out the switchblade, flip out the blade and stab it into his desk, with one hand still on the handle. Then lean your head and shoulders until they are mere inches away from his face, and tell him that if he doesn't fix your grade then you will gouge out his eyeballs and slit his throat. Then you must proceed to spit in his face.

This worked for me.
>>
>>17090291
Would it hurt to say something? If he asks, I feel like his chances are higher than if he didn't.
>>
>>17090252
You have a legitimate question. Email your professor and say "I noticed that your grading scale places 70% as the starting point for a C. Does this mean that my 69.5x will round up to a 70%, so I may continue on to Diff Eq.? Either way, thank you for a challenging but rewarding class, I enjoyed it!" Don't make it seem like you feel like you deserve it, but just ask and be, you know, student-like.
>>
Don't ask for a free pass. ask if there is any extra credit or assignment you can complete to get your grade up.
>>
>>17090252
they will not round up if its last minute for sure. maybe you could give in some medical papers but dont keep your hopes high. also if you participated or have 0 absences that will help.
>>
Wear something skimpy. Meet him in his office and ask if he will round your grade up. If he refuses, bite your lip and try to seduce him.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.