[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i hate spending time with my parents. i know edgy right? well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: pepe disgust.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepe disgust.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
i hate spending time with my parents.
i know edgy right? well its not
whenever my dad calls me and ask me to go eat lunch with him and my aunt i say yeah, some lunch sound great.
Then they want to go to my aunt place have some coffee, my aunt has always something new she bought she wants to show me.
Ok but after that its anon lets go watch a movie
and after the movie its lets walkmy dog
and after that is going to the winery to buy some wine because its cheaper today or something
and after that there is something else and i kid you not i left 11 am and im coming back 9 pm not wanting to coock dinner or anything.
And my mom is 10 times worse. Mom always wants me to visit on sundays wich sucks because the bus takes an hour to come on sundays, she will grill some meat outside which takes 2 hours and in those two hours she is running all around the house doing god knows what. Im left waiting at the table either alone, alone with grandma or alone with some elderly friend of my mom. After we eat i want to go home but mom complains so i have to stay another two hours either browsing 4 chan in my cellphone because god forbid she stays for twenty minutes in one place or i take a nap upstairs.
I dont want to avoid them but its there really an alternative?
>>
Learn to make excuses or just tell them you need more time to yourself. Or start saying "Okay but I can only do lunch, then I need to leave" and stick to it.
>>
Learn to say 'no'?

Move? I hated spending time with my family so much I moved to another country that I know most of them couldn't even get in to visit. I've been a lot happier since then.
>>
>>17089860
i live alone dude
>>17089859
its hard to come up with excuses to my dad because he doesnt tell me we are going out for lunch, coffe, a movie, a walk, window shopping, etc. He will invite me to one thing and then the other and if i say something he will complain because its just one small thing more.
If i agree to visit mom and then show up an hour after the time we agreed she will wait that hour to start grilling the moment i show up
>>
I don't know man

Get a gf, hell lie.about one
It really just seem like they like your company, that's not really something to hate, but you gotta find something to justify your excuses for cutting the meeting short
>>
>>17089876
Grow a spine dude, tell them you got other shit to do after lunch or whatever and stick to it, even if they complain. Otherwise you're seen as a pushover
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.