[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just read the young love thread and now I'm incredibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 634x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 634x494
I just read the young love thread and now I'm incredibly depressed and my self esteem is 0.

I'm 25 and I've never had a boyfriend, no guy has asked me out, no one I've liked has liked me back

I've missed out on so much because I'm just so ugly and boring and unloveable

I feel like killing myself.

Advice?
>>
Be a slut, You'll have a white knight fall for you and you can bleed him dry.
>>
>>17089364

Are you gay or female?
>>
How ugly are you?
>>
>>17089364

Fuck off male wannabe.

You'll never have real problems as long as you have a vagina.
>>
>>17089377
Female

Makes it worse doesn't it.
>>
>>17089364
Post pics then and you'll have the people here falling for you in no time.
>>
>>17089364
Lose weight, stop being ugly.

Clearly you're a fucking landwhale with a beat face
>>
>>17089384
Pretty ugly, there's a Reddit thread with hundreds of up votes and comments about how ugly I am.
>>
>>17089364
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>17089402
Link it.
I'll give it a downvote for you.
>>
>>17089402
lose weight and learn how to use make up. even if you're like a 3 now, with work you could get up to a 5 or 6. its alot easier for women to look good.
>>
>>17089364
You've just gotta find the one, as fucking cliched as that sounds. I didn't get together with my girlfriend until I was 25 and she was 30, and neither of us had been in a real relationship before that.

The problem with introverted people like you and me is that we can't go out and meet someone because the kind of people we need won't go "out" to meet other people. Have you ever tried online dating? Might be worth a go.

>>17089402
Link. I'll be the judge.
>>
>>17089364
I'll be your skype bf as long as you use a sexy anime picture for your profile instead of your actual face
>>
File: 1411334290543.png (115 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1411334290543.png
115 KB, 800x900
>>17089364
It's ok dude. I'm 18 and haven't been in a relationship. I have been with women though. I'm the only one who hasnt had a relationship my entire school year who has never had one. Kill me.
>>
>>17089364
where you from?

if us then it should be pretty easy to get a bf
also post link to reddit
>>
>>17089402
Take it from another plain jane, teach yourself how to make make-up work, it will literally change your life.
>>
>>17089543
Will you be my gf
>>
It easily goes both ways. My first relationship was beyond horrible, and I would have preferred it if I had never met her. But honestly, there's shit I can do about that and the same applies for you.

I mean its not like young love is somehow more pure, it's just more stupid. It's a bunch of kids pretending they're adults and that they actually know what love is. Any decent relationship you have as an adult will outpace anything youd find in highschool easily.

>>17089402
I find this hard to believe.
>>
>>17089364
I am a very ugly girl and what i did was lose weight, exercise and try to be happy alone. There are ways to improve your physical appearance no matter how strange your face is. You can still find a style that suits you and gives you a unique look.

Remember that the uglier you tell yourself you are, the less attractive other people will find you. If you place value in yourself, other people will see that value as well.

Good luck anon
>>
>>17089364
Don't worry, you're not the only one.
Many of us are in your shoes, have been, or will be.
And many of us are out there dreaming of meeting someone like you.

>no one I've liked has liked me back
How do you know that?
>>
>>17089364
Have you ever considered taking measures to become more desirable to men?
It's not just looks. Most of us men really don't give a shit, as long as you're not obese and/or horribly disfigured. Even then, there are men who would suffer the same fate.

Just be nice, funny and interesting. Being intelligent helps, too.

Still, work out, eat well, dress nicely etc...
>>
>>17089664
I'm the best version of myself but I just can't compete.
>>
>>17089683
SHOW ME THE FUCKING REDDIT LINK

I'll decide from that if I'd let you jack me off or not
>>
>>17089687
There are people I know who browse /adv/, it's too embarrassing.
>>
>>17089683
You don't really compete directly with other girls anyway. That's rarely how dating works. (serious dating, that is, not tinder).

What kind of guys do you like anyway? Your taste can screw you or save you.
It usually goes a long way towards explaining loneliness.
>>
>>17089705
Ok, how do dates work and how do you yourself find dates?

My taste? I don't know all the guys I've liked have been different. Some have been fat or very thin, some intellectual, some not. They've all been incredibly clever though. And masculine in some way physically. Oh, and tall, usually, except for a couple.
>>
File: 1438348063453.jpg (87 KB, 957x1300) Image search: [Google]
1438348063453.jpg
87 KB, 957x1300
>>17089690
>people I know who browse /adv/

If I have a penny everytime someone uses this excuse
>>
have you ever tried dating sites?
you're not missing out much actually
>>
>>17089764
Occasionally

>not missing out on much

Bullshit
>>
File: DrewADinosaur.jpg (27 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
DrewADinosaur.jpg
27 KB, 620x413
>>17089717
What's your experience with online dating? OKCupid is the most popular, tried it?
Make sure to initiate contact rather than just waiting for guys to message you.

Actually, if you haven't been making moves IRL, start doing that first.
Think about it this way. You said:
>>17089364
>no guy has asked me out
If you just sit there and wait for someone to ask you out, you're going to miss a lot of chances.
Guys are not aliens, they worry and get insecure too. They often won't ask you out if they think they don't have a chance.
And on top of that:
>>no one I've liked has liked me back
If you didn't ask them, how did you come to the conclusion that none of them liked you back?
>>
this is absolute lies and propaganda

you're living life on easy mode, you know that right?
>>
>>17089776
What gave you the impression that I don't ask guys out or flirt with them?

Like I said no guy has ever liked me back. This includes after telling them that I like them.
>>
>>17089802
Not necessarily. Some people are just undesirable.
The hard part is figuring out why.

>>17089803
>What gave you the impression that I don't ask guys out or flirt with them?
Most girls wait for the guy to make the first move. Especially girls who can't manage to find dates.
It's great that you're doing it though, puts you above many other girls by itself.
How many guys have you asked out?

And what kind of success have you had on online dating? Do they stop messaging or reject you after a lot of conversation, or just straight off the bat?
>>
>>17089839
>Puts you above many other girls
HAH, most girls have had boyfriends by my age

I managed to get one date, guy wasn't into me, the rest were guys wanting sex
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 960x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 960x584
Honestly how do you be a woman and NOT have a bf? You have to do literally no work-guys throw themselves at you 24/7 irl, online, etc and all you have todo is say no until your dream Chad shows up. Are you morbidly obese? Hell if you really wanted to you could ask a guy out.

Not even kidding-as a man I just assume single girls don't exist. How do you fail on tutorial mode when the only requirement to have guys after you is literally >exist?
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 1279x641) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 1279x641
>>17089887

>girls can be lonely too xDD
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 712x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 712x615
>>17089892
>>17089887

Reminder that it's literally impossible for women to be lonely
>>
File: image.png (174 KB, 712x998) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 712x998
>>17089897
>>17089892
>>17089887
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 846x592
>>17089364

Said no girl ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x382
>>17089900

>>17089904

It's just a shill thread anon; women are literally incapable of experiencing loneliness
>>
>>17089866
I mean above many other girls with issues that cause them to get to 25 without a date (many have really low self-esteem and develop social anxiety/avoidance issues and are too afraid to consider asking someone out).
Tried OKCupid yet?
>the rest were guys wanting sex
If this continues to be a problem, there's higher-"tier" dating sites (eg in the match group like eharmony, chemistry.com) that are specifically geared towards more serious relationships.

And have you asked your friends about this? What advice did they offer? Any ideas as to why you've had this luck?

>>17089887 >>17089892 >>17089897 >>17089900 >>17089906
Can you spam some new/better shit at least?
>>
>>17089906
>>17089904

I guess I'm not a real girl

I do have a vagina, but my clitoris is suspiciously large, and I have a really ugly, manly face.
>>
>>17089910
Why is it that I have to resort to dating sites while every girl I know gets dates in real life.

God I just fucking give up.
>>
>>17089402
Bait
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 283x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 283x390
>>17089914
>>17089922

Then kill yourself
>>
>>17089922
Because life isn't fair. They're attractive and you aren't. You have to work for what you want. Beautiful people don't have to work as hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 771x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 771x676
>>17089932

God forbid a woman would have to put any effort into dating...national crisis on our hands.
>>
>>17089417
story pls
Im 25 as well

OP I don't even believe in ugly being an excuse, yeah for me and you we might judge but I have already seen enough people that arent all that attractive in marriages and they're pretty content

Opportunities are out there
>>
>>17089364
I can feel you OP

I'm ugly and I'm not even fat.. Guys treat you like an annoying dude and look right past you. I didn't get my first boyfriend or kiss til my junior year of high school.

What really helped me was getting fit. I got fit and now I just have a face that sucks ass and a body that makes up for it

Plus exercising really helped me with my self confidence
>>
>>17089948
>>17089952

>it's a "girls can be lonely too xDD!" thread
>>
>>17089922
>Why is it that I have to resort to dating sites while every girl I know gets dates in real life.
Probably because you're uglier, have a shittier personality, are obese, have a mental disorder, have less realistic taste in men, or any combination of the above. Have you asked them? They probably know you better than we do.
Either way, like >>17089932 said, life ain't easy for the ugly fucks among us.
We just gotta work as hard as we can and hope someone comes along that wants what we're selling.

>>17089952
>I didn't get my first boyfriend or kiss til my junior year of high school.
That's pretty average desu

>>17089971
Stop. Of course girls can be lonely, they are humans too.
Remember that girls generally feel good or bad about themselves in relative, not absolute terms.
A girl will feel ashamed, rejected, and unwanted if she isn't as popular with guys as the standard by which she judges herself. (kind of like how so many guys here feel bad about being virgins at 19, just because someone told them they should.)

Sure, she ain't "lonely" according to any rational definition of the word, but she doesn't know any better word to express what she's feeling. Do you?
>>
>>17090052
What do you mean I'm not lonely? I crave companionship and affection, I haven't been able to find it. How is that not loneliness

I get 0 attention from men.

The only guy I would reject would be a morbidly obese, diseased looking guy
>>
>>17090069
IF YOU ARE A LONELY WOMAN DON'T COME LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON A SITE FILLED WITH LONELY WHINY WOMEN-HATING GUYS THEY'RE ONLY GOING TO TURN IT INTO A PISSING "BUT WAAAAAAAAH I HAVE IT WOOOOORSE" CONTEST
>>
File: fhtagn.jpg (38 KB, 808x948) Image search: [Google]
fhtagn.jpg
38 KB, 808x948
>>17089456
>I'm the only one who hasnt had a relationship my entire school year who has never had one.
>>
File: ronery.jpg (152 KB, 540x1817) Image search: [Google]
ronery.jpg
152 KB, 540x1817
>>17090069
>What do you mean I'm not lonely? I crave companionship and affection, I haven't been able to find it. How is that not loneliness
When that anon says "lonely", they might mean something like "lack of (meaningful) human contact", and an implied inability to obtain that contact (such as being marooned on a deserted island).
For example, I don't remember the last time I had a friend, and my last real conversation was 6 months ago (it started with "Are you lonely?").
That's more like what a guy will picture in his head if you tell him to imagine a "lonely person". That's the rational side.

As for the emotional side: that need for affection, for love, it's a bit of a different beast.
Most people also call it "loneliness", for lack of a better word (a different one). But that anon still doesn't think you feel this either, at least not like he has.
The difference is mostly in the apparent distance between the person in question and the love they crave: just like Napoleon was more alone on St. Helena than on Elba. Ever heard the saying "there's plenty of fish in the sea, but you're not anywhere near the sea, you're in the desert, alone"? Well, that kinda sums it up. That anon believes that because only men have walked a certain hard path through life, only men are entitled to call themselves "lonely". He (and others) can only sympathize with others who have been in their place. Who have felt the exact same pain.

Empathy is different from sympathy. Empathy allows us to understand how others feel, and why. To share someone else's pain despite never having walked in their shoes, despite knowing that they haven't walked in ours. Empathy says that the pain of loneliness comes in many different colors and shapes, like the pain of regret, or loss. None less or more worthy or real than another.

Most men aren't very good at empathy.

>>17090170
Very helpful. I'm high and can still write more coherently than that, come on.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 960x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 960x444
>>17090069
>>17090052

>Chad doesn't talk to me therefore I'm lonely
>>
>>17089633
>How do you know that?
REKT DOT COM
>>
>>17090232
>Most men aren't very good at empathy.
True, but to be perfectly fair neither are most women.
>>
File: 523968002589.jpg (26 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
523968002589.jpg
26 KB, 500x383
>>17089364
this is it anon. This is all you have to do.
>>
PICS
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.