[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I overcome lazyness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1460196325806.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460196325806.gif
1 MB, 480x360
I hate the fact I'm just lazy: I know what I have to do, but 90% of the time I end up procrastinating
Sometimes I manage to push myself into doing something, but I give up very soon so I have little to no results
How do I train myself into being less lazy?
>>
You do things, regardless of what excuse you come up with to procrastinate. And you keep doing things, until it becomes habbit. If you can't do that, you're fucked. The brain wants to be lazy, working is hard and it would rather not. You either accept that not wanting to do something/putting it off isn't a vaild excuse ever, or you keep being lazy. Most people stay lazy, but as a spoiler productivity is the trick to life. Brains, looks, skills can all be nearly zero, if you can actually work hard and not be lazy, you can get almost anything you want.
>>
>>17089256
You fucking torture yourself into doing it. No other way around it. You yell at yourself. Curse. Beat yourself until you learn.

Do it.
>>
I've been on 4chan for about 8 years and went from young lazy fag to ambitious career driven individual. Part of the desire to well personally came from a fear of not being like my parents, another is the fact that we're only alive once so fuck, might as well spend our time productively. It happens gradually but over time your inclinations will change and you'll actually dislike loafing around excessively.

To get started I recommend reading more, and nailing down goals you want to accomplish- in the very short, short, and long term
>>
>>17089256

things that help
>checklists
>reward systems
>buddy systems
>'slave' systems (usually in tandem wiht reward system)

the big issue is that no matter what we suggest you can simply say
>BUT ID JUST PROCRASTINATE ANYWAY
or
>ID JUST FIND A WAY AROUND THAT.

in which case, congratulations, nothing will work. cuz no matter what advice we give you still need that 'spark'. the actual desire to do something.
>>
>>17089294
This, it's almost all habit, predominately socially enforced. Most non-lazy people (most, not all) at some point had some external factor, parents, school, military, employer, pushing them and they internalized this drill-instructor figure into their behavior and mindset.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.