[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If your gf improves herself while in the relationship by losing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1461780456669.jpg (128 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
1461780456669.jpg
128 KB, 1300x957
If your gf improves herself while in the relationship by losing weight or otherwise becoming more attractive, is she guaranteed to leave/cuck you? What if you improve yourself too?
>>
>>17089027
Not guaranteed... But she might get more unwanted attention that make her feel sexier. And you may want to ask how you can be a part of her journey. so that way she doesn't grow apart from you.
I def got hotter after uni, but never cheated on my bf. No desire to...
>>
>>17089027
>gf isn't changing herself
Lazy whore, I can't help but cheat on her!
>gf changes herself
Shallow whore, she's gonna cuck me!
>>
No. Are you really going to be one of those insecure fucks that gets MAD at their partner for improving themselves? Are you fat as shit?
Why don't you join her, fatty.
>>
>>17089027
you're supposed to both encourage each other to improve (for most couples it's the opposite and they get fat together) but regardless if she improves and wants to ditch your ass she will. same goes for your homie.
>>
>>17089027
I'm doing it because through my relationship I've gained 20 pounds. I want to feel more attractive to my boyfriend not to everyone else.

Plus i don't want to feel winded after walking only one flight of stairs anymore.

Women don't only work out to catch a man. I actually think women do it for themselves more than men do.
>>
If your partner improves themselves significantly in any way, be it physically or otherwise, while you stagnate or worsen, the balance of the relationship changes and there is always a good chance of cuckolding/loss. You need to keep things relatively even in order to maintain some leverage in the relationship. Sounds coldly logical for what should only involve love and feelings but I've seen these kinds of things happen and end sadly far too often.
>>
You're essentially everything wrong with relationships. You're the ugly part of people that don't understand love or have any sense of togetherness.
>>
This all plays into the theory of sex ranking... generally people find their equal partners.

When one partner increases their sex ranking (loses weight, gets in better shape, starts dressing better, etc...) there are two reactions by the other partner. One is to see the change and try to keep up with it. The other is to become depressed because you think they're getting ready to bail.

I got to that point and improved myself because yes, I was getting ready to bail. My wife saw it and reacted by upping her sex rank. She lost weight, got her hair done nicely, picked it up in the bedroom.
>>
>>17089041

>Honey, how can I be part of your journey?

Try to tell me you wouldn't puke if a guy said that to you
>>
New bait on an old hook. She's looking for a better catch.
>>
My ex improved herself and bailed ASAP as soon as she got more male attention. Work on yourself or she might leave. Currently working on bettering myself post-break up. Live and learn I guess.
>>
>>17089027
Yes her hypergamy will increase and you are disposable to her. She will replace for a better man
>>
>>17089027
love is not two people looking at each other, but two people looking in the same direction

a forward-thinking peraonality type is always going to want curiosity, change, progress. it's not always physical improvementa; could be something quiet like they find a different interest or hobby, read a different genre or really get into animu

there is no such thing as forward or backward, only changing or not changing, so if one partner got really into gourmet or baking or netflix and ended up fatter, hopefully the partner was also interested in the fattening hobby or diet. it's a matter of perspective; you don't have to go to the gym if your partner starts going but you should be aware if your only excuse is because you fear change. like if your partner is dieting, and you decide to hone your woodcrafting skills, then you're still keeping up because you're still exhibiting a craving for life interests and change.

you don't have to have the same hobbies; you do have to have the same comfort level with change and new data.
>>
>>17089047
This.
>>17089220
and this.
>>
>>17089027
no
>>
>>17089027
LOL
>>
>>17089058
Have you seen how women work out?
>>
File: 1459970546304.webm (3 MB, 694x524) Image search: [Google]
1459970546304.webm
3 MB, 694x524
>>17089444
>>
File: 1460880908109.webm (2 MB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
1460880908109.webm
2 MB, 576x720
>>17089444
>>
I'm a 22 yr old girl. I go to the gym 5 times a week. I have a decent enough bum, no boobs and I'm a size 10.
I look pretty enough with make-up but I would consider myself below average without make-up.
I have tried to make myself healthier/fitter/in shape, and learned make-up techniques and grown my hair long.
I have no intentions of leaving my boyfriend BUT if he dumps me, I will be able to say I didn't let myself go...
>>
File: 1201827592279.jpg (71 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1201827592279.jpg
71 KB, 562x437
>>17089058
>I actually think women do it for themselves
Just like that makeup is "just for me"
And those yoga pants are "just for me"
And that crop-top that your tits barely stay in is "just for me"
>>
She could be improving herself for you?
>>
>>17089996
Makeup and yoga pants are for me. Don't own crop tops, but fuck if yoga pants aren't wonderful. They feel like armor to me. And I've been into makeup just like I've been into other art media since I can remember. The colors, textures and ability to make "paint" with it all is just fun. But go ahead and think it's all about you.
>>
>>17089996
Yoga pants are comfy as fuck and the only reason mpst women wear them is because wearing our pink penguin pj pants anywhere outside of home and walmart is frowned upon and considered trashy
>>
>>17089444
Bruh, I'm working out in a scraggly tshirt from middle school and pj pants, my hair in a Ms. Trunchbul bun, no make up and am working out where no one can see my tears. I wouldn't know how other women work out because I do it in my room or with my boyfriend at the park.

>>17089996
I wear yoga pants, but with an oversized tshirt or sweater that doesn't show my ass but idgaf about any other girl wearing them. I'm not looking. And make up, yea. I do that shit for how I see myself in the mirror. I'm not frantically putting on make up each morning repetitively mumbling "I hope every boy who comes my way sees me and wants to fuck" Everyone else's response to my make up is a side effect of fixing my own personal imperfections.

I was mostly referring to women who work out and are in relationships.
>>
>>17090927
>and considered trashy
So are yoga pants though.
>>
>>17090228
This for real though, that's literally why I'm starting to get fit and improve myself for the bf.
>>
>>17089027
You haven't considered that she wants to be more attractive to you so that you won't cuck her?
>>
>>17089074
>love
I suppose you believe in god too
>>
Humans should always improve. You should focus on both improving the state of yourself as well as the state of your relationship constantly.
>>
>>17089027
The key to a successful relationship is winning your significant other over.
If your gf is losing weight and improving herself, you should be doing something to improve yourself as well.
If your gf is improving herself and you do fuck all, she might be doing it for you, she might think you being lazy is brilliant and wants to be on your level, or she might be looking for a new guy, like how people spruce up their CV/resume when they look for a new job.

If you struggle to improve yourself, do push ups, crunches and squats at home and eat a bit better, or look at a hobby/club that you can both join together (I take dance lessons with my wife)

Sources: Married for 5 years, 4 long term relationships before wife.
>>
>>17089996

I'm not even a girl, but this line of thinking is ridiculous. Do you take no personal pride in how you look? The work that goes into being in reasonable shape and giving a shit about yourself?

Fucking wastes of space on this board, I swear.
>>
>>17092377
I remember when I was 16 and was as naive as you are.
>>
>>17089453
God damn. Sauce?
>>
File: 1443480074913.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1443480074913.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
>>17093569
>>
>>17089027
No.

But if you stay a fat fuck or don't change at all then yeah she'll consider her options.
>>
>>17089027
you must keep pace
if you do not, prepare yourself for cuckoldry
>>
>>17091137
You sound cool and strong. Would date.
>>
>>17096280
>I'm a spineless beta faggot who hits on faceless online females. I'm so fucking pathetic, plz respond.
>>
Kind of the opposite situation here. My gf has no drive to improve herself. There are things she doesn't like about herself, but she just accepts them. She's rejected all my ideas of solutions so far, including therapy. She also doesn't really have any interests or hobbies that she's trying to improve herself through. I love her, but I find her lack of drive really uninspiring. It's frustrating because I'm sure she could be a lot happier if she made some attempts to face her problems and/or take on a hobby. I'm mostly into things she doesn't want to try, so I haven't got her into anything.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.