[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alternatives to acne treatment even if you have rekt genetics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Acne2.jpg (217 KB, 2000x1330) Image search: [Google]
Acne2.jpg
217 KB, 2000x1330
so /adv/, ive tried lots of things for acne treatment. creams, good food, meditation, cleaning, you name it. ive heard that accutane is the strongest, most powerful treatment to acne that exists today. so i used it 2 times of 10 boxes for 1 year each time, with 6 months pause between treatments. my skin genetics are so fucking shit that it didnt work. my demathology told me im one of the 1% with really rekt fucked up skin genes. is there anything else besides suicide i could try?
>>
>is there anything else besides suicide i could try?

Yes, its acceptance.
>>
Grow a beard to cover it up
>>
Witch hazel?
>>
>>17088207

Most derms are fucking worthless. Few ideas for ya OP:

Try Nizoral shampoo (all over yoru face), because your "acne" might actually be a fungal infection.

Try taking a probiotic every day and switiching to a hardcore paleo diet becuase you might have fucked up gut flora giving you acne

Def cut sugar out of your diet no matter what.

If you shave, switch to a single-bladed disposable razor. Use a new one every time you shave. Easier on the skin and you won't be dragging bacteria from your last shave across your face.

Through out the day, drink an ounce of water for every pound you weigh, every day.

ONLY sleep on your back.

Don't ever let hot water touch your face.

Experiment with doing LESS. Wash your face only once a day with cool water. Pat it dry. Leave it the fuck alone. Takes some time for your skin to adjust and improve.

Keep your pours open and able to breathe. No make-up if you're a girl. No heavy moisturizers, etc.

Speaking of which, coconut oil is the best moisturizer their is. Use a tiny amount and pat with a tissue to soak up the excess so you're not all shiny.

Take a break from any soaps and products you're using. Just go cool water & coco oil for a while if you have dry skin. Cool water and nothing if you're oily. The only skin products that aren't absolute shit are the ones you probably can't afford. The skin care industry is one of the scammiest industries there is.
>>
>>17088385
coconut oil is p comodegenic

op google reddit skincare addiction yes I know it's reddit you can start caring when you're not a pizzaface
>>
>>17088207
I wash my face (warm water, rinse with cold) in the morning and use olive oil, at night I use the clarisonic and and an aloe vera "gel" (basically just pure aloe vera, don't do this in the morning as it makes your skin looks glassy.) Wash your sheets and pillows at least once a week and your blankets every two weeks or so.

That's how I got rid of my acne.
>>
thnx everyone for your suggestions
>>
heres what worked for me...

>>keep nails really short
>>change pillow cases
>>lots of water

in terms of actual skincare...

>>soapless gel cleanser
>>bha liquid in the morning after shower
>>stronger aha liquid once a week before bed
>>top quality moisturiser

if those terms arent familiar do some light reading on /r/skincareaddiction, generally the better your diet and personal hygiene the better your skin is...
>>
Haven't read the other replies but here are my best tips for you anon:

- stop touching your face
- splash cool water in your face whenever you wash you hands (after doing so)
- stay well hydrated. get a nice water bottle, preferable a double-insulated one in stainless steel or something like that. 1L is enough. bring it out with you so you always have access to cool water wherever you are.
- put a fresh towell over your pillow. the important thing it to always sleep on a clean surface. large towells can be folded and used for four nights of sleep. much easier than changing pillow cases every day.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.