[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gf of 3 years >she has debt We both met while she was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1461645590661.jpg (710 KB, 1280x1765) Image search: [Google]
1461645590661.jpg
710 KB, 1280x1765
>gf of 3 years
>she has debt

We both met while she was coming out of college. I was already 1 year out of college in her town doing contract work. I was working / doing food service in between contracts. When she graduated she had a job lined up and worked for 6 months and got let go. After that she took a year off from working while she was still looking for a job. She was living on Employee insurance.

Fast forward today. 3 years into our relationship. She does part time work and volunteer work in her field. I have a job. We haven't gone on vacation / I don't feel comfortable with moving in with her cause she doesn't have a job.

The problem is shes in debt and doesn't really have any plan/strategy/motivation to get a job . I'll constantly offer help, suggest jobs that I've seen online and be patient.

Well now the relationship is at a point of sink or swim. Feels like anything I suggest she just gives me a fucking excuse or just starts crying. Honestly it feels like she just wants to have kids / have someone deal with her debt.

I don't see any REAL effort to get a job.
e.x I woke up every morning applied to jobs for months on end. or her she thinks that's insane.

she claims she applies to jobs. but I think its just fucking bullshit just to get me off her back.

feels like I'm some sort of father figure and shes a dumb teenager that won't get off her butt to take responsibility for her life. or relationship is great. but when it comes to serious shit. money / future etc. She's all feels and no real fucking plan/idea of action.
>>
>>17087663
I feel like I've done everything I can on my end. Most of our relationship is just me being patient on her. As the relationship goes on I feel a pressure to commit more. But she doesn't have what I need to commit more.

I feel the second we move in she'll become more lazy.
>>
Give her an ultimatum: Get a job or your relationship with her ends.
>>
>>17087678
This is basically what I said.

IT honestly feels like her plan on life is as follows
>I have debt
>maybe if I don't talk about it , it will go away
>someone else will deal with it

seriously I don't understand it at all
>>
anyone been in a similar scenario?
>>
She clearly lacks natural ambition. Even if you gave her an ultimatum to get a job, you two would still be incompatible on an aspirational level (which is kind of important for long term relationships). I'd recommend breaking it off, though I know that's easier said than done.
>>
Very common nowadays.. NEET lyfe
>>
>>17087766
Kind of. I had to dump my gf of 3 years because she decided she was going to be a "home maker" and eventually a house wife so she quit her job. She said we'd probably get married soon anyway and I make enough to pay for everything so what's the fuss? It was pretty ridiculous and gave me the go ahead to drop her.

Your situation would be much easier for me. She's probably depressed and living with an inferiority complex and with the debt on top of that it should be easy as pie to kick her to the curb. You're giving her too much slack and you're clearly more mature.
>>
>>17087663
Doesn't really seem like there's any point in continuing the relationship. Clearly you don't want a partner who's a financial burden, and she's not interested in doing anything to change her situation. Don't be a dick about it, but it's better to end a relationship sooner rather than later if it's failing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.