[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any medfags on here? How bad is this infection? People tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1461877608733-217479418.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1461877608733-217479418.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Any medfags on here? How bad is this infection? People tell me im gonna lose this leg, is this true?
>>
ur gonna die m8
>>
>>17087064
I had an infection like that on my leg. If you don't get that treated you're going to wish you were dead.
>>
What caused the wound? How long has it been this way, and when did you get the initial wound? I need more information to be of any help.
>>
>>17087076
It was initially a cut I got in a football match, which was about a week ago. I put a plaster on it, about 2 days ago I noticed some green stuff on the plaster when I removed it.
>>
>>17087081
>plaster

Lol you fucking mong
>>
>>17087076
I put another plaster on it, and took it off around 10 minutes ago
>>
looks like a classic "fell down" wound, rinse it twice daily and apply a soft bandage.
Put antiseptic on it after cleaning.

see a doc once skin around the puss turns purpleish
>>
>>17087083
with that on it the stuff is just going deeper, boring a hole in your leg. You can feel on my leg still after 8 years where I lost major tissue.
>>
>>17087084
Was going to say this, basically. If it is hurting now I would see a doctor, and they will treat it. Otherwise keep it very clean, and keep it covered when possible. See a doctor if the pain increases.
>>
>>17087064
Nursing student here.
It kind of looks a bit like a staph infection.

If you put it off it will spread and you will become very ill and it could potentially be life threatening. Can spread to bones, bloodstream, etc. Not fun, you'll be hospitalized.

If you see a doctor soon you will most likely be given oral antibiotics and maybe a topical cream.

>Don't wait for it to get worse. Get some medication from a GP
>>
>>17087100
>>17087087
>>17087084
>>17087076
Thanks for advice all, ill probably see a doctor tomorrow
>>
You need to check this thing before you know if you have an infection is it hot to the touch, if there is pain present, and the width and depth and odor if it has a strong, mild or no putrid odor
>>
>>17087101
Thanks, ill definitely see a doctor then
>>
>>17087101
It astounds me that adults don't know how to properly treat wounds.
>>
But i dont think its serious since its closings just keep it clean with antiseptics and DONT use alcohol, iodide is the best choice dont use bandages since this will make bacteria grow faster
>>
An infection has to stank to be bad right?
>>
>>17087159
No, many lethal infections wouldnt emit any smell at all
>>
>>17087162
How the fuck do you tell?

There would be pus or significant pain or something then right? Are there 'silent' infections
>>
>>17087170
I assume there are a few, but I know that some dont smell. They cause pain, and you can see them, but they dont smell
>>
>>17087170
Hey OP nursing student again. Not all signs of infection need to be present for there to be an infection. Anyone can google the signs and symptoms. Think of an ingrown toenail and ask yourself if all the signs and symptoms of infection were present. It often depends on the stage and severity of the infection.

Writing on cell phone. May be some gramatical errors.
>>
abandon hope
>>
OP, Google : "minor cut/scrape care"

So something like this never happens again.
>>
Edges *seem* to have good granulation I'd say. Resolution is shit, take a macro close up.
>>
Med stud Muffin here:

1. Go see MD
2. Ask for Augmentin 875 #20 1 BID
3. Ask for mupirocin 2% ointment, apply BID
4. Save your leg from 4chan advice
>>
>>17087701
jesus christ; if you are truly a med student, then please remind yourself that:

no physician would prescribe a regimen based on a patients requests
no physician would prescribe a regimen without at the very least. a wound culture first

get the fuck out of here, webmd.
>>
>>17087064
What the hell, that wound is completely fine. It's not even infected. That redness is just vasodilatation to provide blood to the regenerating tissue. An infected wound would have redness on a much larger area. And the yellow stuff is fibrin, not pus. It's a protein to act as a kind of a scaffolding for the new cells.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.