[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What causes men to be invisible to women? I mean average guys,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 18
File: image.png (174 KB, 712x998) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 712x998
What causes men to be invisible to women? I mean average guys, not basement dwelling neckbeards.
>>
>>17086061
Lack of confidence
>>
File: 1459589008360.jpg (176 KB, 1000x1425) Image search: [Google]
1459589008360.jpg
176 KB, 1000x1425
>>17086061
kek
>>
>>17086077
Nice bait.
>>
Pfft, okay OP. So you are aware of every woman in your vicinity whether or not you like her or are attracted to her?

Fuck off.
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 1279x641) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 1279x641
>>17086084

>bait
>>
>>17086091
That wasn't what OP was asking at all. So you can fuck off and work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>17086095
It's an interesting dilemma. Guys are making profiles as girls to test the responses they get. Thus, there are more profiles of women that are fake and can't/won't meet up. So to prove the point that women are getting more attention, men are lowering their odds of getting a date online even more.
Funny how that works out, eh?
>>
>>17086061
What do you mean by invisible?
>>
>>17086103

What was he asking then? Sure reads to me like he is saying "wah wah wah, why don't women find me interesting? I find all women interesting."

If he took five seconds to reflect he'd realize he does the exact shit as these women and he'd have his answer.
>>
>>17086110
>men are lowering their odds of getting a date online even more.
not really. the fake profilers are not consistent enough to actually have detrimental effects.
>>
>>17086120
he is probably trying to initiate a discussion, and your assumption doesent apply to him. for all you know, women could find him atractive and he is wondering why. i always ask questions on this and people make assumptions.
>>
>>17086120
I see what you mean, anon. You're right about OP. I didn't see you give actual advice so I assumed you were shit posting.
>>
>>17086110

>this happens enough times that it's statistically significant

White knights everyone
>>
>>17086132
I think it's an fair assumption considering where we are and the fact that people don't usually ask for advice unless they're unhappy with something/someone.
>>
>>17086132

Whatever the reason he had for starting this thread the simple fact is that there will be plenty of women he finds 'invisible' so he already has his damn answer.
>>
>>17086061
You're "invisible" to women because the only women you look at are the 8/10s. You're no better than the average female stereotype.
>>
>>17086115
Neither reflects nor absorbs light, of course.
>>
Being an average guy as in
>Has a decent job,
>Has a car
>Place of their own.

But, ugly face.
Might as well be a neckbeard in mom's basement with no money. Nothing repulses a women like an unattractive face.
>>
>>17086165
>>17086159
Here we go again.
>>
>>17086167
What? Men and women are in actuality no different, the autists on this site just want to believe we are.
>>
we need women in here who can give us actual answers.
>>
>>17086132
He just wanted to get some validation, that's all. And of course this kind of threads draws attention from /r9k/ posters, there's a few already.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 283x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 283x390
>>17086159

Or maybe it's cause even a 4/10 chick thinks she deserves Prince Charming?
>>
>>17086172
This is me >>17086159
I'm a woman, and as you apparently value my opinion above males here it is.
>>
>>17086171
We're talking about social constructs and market value in males and females at a 'younger' age.
>>17086174
This varies from person to person, I mean a lot of the girls that I've met that are like 5/10s and or fat all want to have a go at the athletic attractive guys.
Still though, imagine if a fat fugly ass girl approached you, you'd act the same as pic related.
>>
>>17086178
thanks, love.
>>
>>17086174
That's kind of exactly what I was trying to say, men and women are really no different, both genders have unrealistic expectations of the other.
>>
>>17086178
aww
>>
>>17086181
>We're talking about social constructs and market value in males and females at a 'younger' age
The actual subject we're talking about is varied and can be interpreted differently if you use the OP's post of
>What causes men to be invisible to women? I mean average guys, not basement dwelling neckbeards.
But I'm sorry for offending you and straying from your topic, darling.
>>
>>17086178
I'm a 5. I went after 4 and she rejected me outright. Then I went after a handful of other 5's and they all thought they were 10's... So maybe this is a dark age of dating.
So I guess you speak the truth.
>>
>>17086061
>What causes men to be invisible to women?
Being a loser at life.
>>
>>17086174
>posts an /r9k/ staple picture created by a bitter virgin
>expects to be taken seriously
>>
>>17086196
>>What causes men to be invisible to women? I mean average guys, not basement dwelling neckbeards.
>But I'm sorry for offending you and straying from your topic, darling.
What are you even trying to say here?
I didn't even mention what you pasted in the quotation.
I literally just made the point that it varies from person to person and that generalizing based off of your personal experience doesn't really bring any constructive thinking.
Also
>darling
How smug can you get
>>
>>17086201
Looks aren't the only thing you should be thinking about when going after a potential partner, it's about compatibility. I'm above average (not a ten as those don't exist, maybe a 6 or 7) and prefer girlish looking guys, sometimes just unique looking guys, you never know what someone is into and if you don't try you'll never know.
>>
>>17086201
probably because they where getting attention of other guys too. sometimes even attractive guys will talk to ugly girls for sex because its easier for them. im an 8, and i have had casual sex with a few 4/5 because it was easy.
>>
>>17086203

Le r9k bogeyman
>>
File: 1452537997532.png (80 KB, 1380x460) Image search: [Google]
1452537997532.png
80 KB, 1380x460
>>17086203
Not that anon but ironically it wasn't created at /r9k/
which has become a label for whatever opposing opinion :))
>>
>>17086204
That was the OP's post, it's absolutely crucial as that was the post I was replying to when posting my first post in this thread, I didn't read any of the replies.
>darling
Someone called me love and it annoyed me, if it really offended you I'm sorry.
>>
>>17086214
>oh no! What can I do to deny I'm trash from /r9k/?
>I know! I'll do the pre-emptive /r9k/ counterattack!
>>
>>17086217
lost

>tfw advice whore
>>
>>17086217
Interestingly enough, that looks more like the creation of a bitter /r9k/ virgin based on his view of /adv/ than anyone who actually has been on /adv/.
>>
>>17086217
You can't prove it was created in /adv/, it could have easily been someone from /r9k/ posting it here.
>>
File: 1461184753930.jpg (24 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1461184753930.jpg
24 KB, 512x384
>>17086217
>mfw sexy loser
>>
>>17086218
The way you formulated the original post you made is literally mind bending.
I wasn't offended by you calling me darling, but let's admit calling somebody 'darling' an an anonymous image board is rather smug and belittling when trying to form an argument.
>>
>>17086061
Well women are a hivemind and you need to have at least one girl interested in you for the rest to like you.
>>
>>17086226

Well if anything your claim that it was created by a bitter virgin couldn't be proved either.
>>
>>17086217
>mfw the motivator

I just don't tell people to go to /fit/.
>>
>>17086230
>You're "invisible" to women because the only women you look at are the 8/10s. You're no better than the average female stereotype.
So believing that men and women aren't different is "mind bending" to you? I'm not making a blanket statement saying we're all the exact same but the minds of men and women can work the exact same way and probably have a good many shared thoughts/ideas.

I'm basically just calling OP a hypocrite, if it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>17086226
>You can't prove it was created in /adv/, it could have easily been someone from /r9k/ posting it here.
What are you trying to say here?
It's literally a meme picture about /adv/ that was made for comedical effect with a sprinkle of truth.
The way you formulated this post almost makes no sense, LOL.
It could have been posted by anyone.
>>
>>17086247
It's just the most likely hypothetical.
>>
>>17086252
For you >>17086254
>>
interesting question. i've been wondering too.

i started dating my bf half a year ago. and he and his friends are that really neat bunch of guys.
but neither of them had a gf and this fact still boggles my mind.
some of them have HAD a gf, but oh my... what KIND of gf's...
they are all ATLEAST decently looking, if not outright cute. they are loyal, friendly, helpfull, funny, smart, attentive, and so on. i can't wrap my head around why girls aren't all over them...

once we went out as a group and they brought some girls. oh my god... oh, my FUCKING god. that was so terrible. those girls... they gave them such a hard time. they where fugly and mean. i don't know where they found them.

i'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on. if i find the solution, i'll tell you.

i'm leaning towards the "they don't bother to get to know them and see what awesome guys they are". but again, i don't know why they would not want to get to know them in the first place... they look decently, have a job, a car, a nice place... i don't fucking get it!
>>
>>17086259
You mean that's the most likely hypothesis?
Yeah in your opinion you cuck.
I don't get people that try to staple shit like:
'This is my OPINION, so that's how it is! Hey guys that's how it is, because I say so! :D'
Kys nigga
>>
>>17086250
I literally said it varies from post to post, and if you were at all literate you'd realize that I said the way you FORMULATED your post, not your argument.
Laughing my ass off, to be quiet honest.
>>
>>17086277
Don't call someone illiterate and then misspell a word, ignoring the rest.
>>
File: tmp_7867-1489976-031296242165.png (630 KB, 453x538) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7867-1489976-031296242165.png
630 KB, 453x538
>>17086061
>What causes men to be invisible to women?
Cowardice.

Not fear. All men feel fear, from the lowest omegas to the highest Chads. If it were about fear, then there would be no relationships.

>I mean average guys, not basement dwelling neckbeards.
"Average guys" are not invisible to women, because average guys practice courage. They feel fear -like I said, all men feel fear- but they act anyway. Women like this.

There are degrees between average guys and basement-dwelling neckbeards. You may not dwell in your mother's basement or sport a neckbeard, Boner-Boy, but you are still below average. Accept this, and either do something about it or decide that your sub-mediocrity is comfortable and stay there. But cut it out with the serial-reposting bullshit.
>>
>>17086268
Autocorrect, texting isn't my strong point. Cuck isn't an argument, most troll posts are written by permavirgins, or are you defending your work?
>Inb4 fuked mad bitchss
>>
>>17086298

Well, reasoning isn't your strong point either.
I don't see anything in this image >>17086217
point towards virginity or /r9k/ which you are really obsessed with. It's not even about the opposite sex !
>>
File: dr-eggman-phd.jpg (23 KB, 598x336) Image search: [Google]
dr-eggman-phd.jpg
23 KB, 598x336
>>17086266
Genetics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuf59ex-U0
>>
>>17086266
That is the problem women will get bored of them because they have nothing to work it and they will not give them the challange to mold them into that perfect bf.
>>
>>17086286
>ignoring the rest
yeah nice job being a little kid you faggot
dont argue with some1 if u can't even form a counter argument
kys
>>
I dunno but ignoring women right back has solved my problems.
>>
>>17086412
what do u mean brodie
>>
>>17086247
>Well if anything your claim that it was created by a bitter virgin couldn't be proved either.
It can't be proved, but no one is fooling anyone here. This is Boner-Boy's work: apparently a recent addition to his limited repertoire, but very obviously a reflection of his unique obsession and not-so-unique style.
>>
>>17086174
>Or maybe it's cause even a 4/10 chick thinks she deserves Prince Charming?
This might explain one particular 4/10, but this thread isn't about obe 4/10. It's about "women" in aggregate. When a woman ignores you, she has a problem; when they all ignore you, you have a problem.

In your case, it's attitude. 4/10s are out of your league, with the way you think. Hell; 2/10s are out of your league. If you don't want to scrape the bottom of the barrel, first you have to get off of the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>17086510

t. 4chan life expert
>>
>>17086516
The truth hurts. But know that if you are bottom of the barrel, you can always get up from there. You only have to start doing something about it. Whining about it on a Filipino rock carving forum won't solve anything.
>>
>>17086494
>Boner-Boy

who ? you sure know a lot about these guys.

But I'm sure that image >>17086217 has been around since 2011.
>>
>>17086522

>>17086217

Cracks me up that literally anyone on 4chan is deluded enough in their own arrogance to give advice to another anon
>>
>>17086222
hah advice whore here, too
:) <3
>>
>>17086536
You've been spending far too much time on /r9k/. Clearly their crabs-in-a-bucket mentality has affected you. 4chan is everyone, and 4chan is no one. Don't be so surprised when there are actually fairly normal and well-adjusted people here.
>>
>>17086522
I dont think this is true
Speaking from my own experience ofc women expect very much from the guys they intend to date
Even then its very flakey and they lose interest almost instantly
Not all girls are like this ofc but those who are any good are in 99% of cases already taken, the ones who are single are single because they are super picky, flakey or some other reason
There is no bottom of the barrel for you to climb out of, you can improve yourself sure but the girls youre looking to date will most likely flake off or still not be satisfied even if you DO manage to get top tier fitness, six figure income and high social status because they will STILL find faults that make you "undatable"

There is also a problem where girls cockblock you by effectivly talking their friends out of dating you, its really fucking shitty that when you feel like youre about to finally catch a break your girldates friends belittle you so she loses interest

The dating market is really screwed up, way too many guys looking for a girl and very little interest from girls to actually commit to guys
>>
File: image.png (66 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66 KB, 616x596
>>17086553

Lmao and I bet you're one of them right? All of these wanna be life coaches on here. Do you spout off like this irl too? You must be smug af.
>>
>>17086266

yeah this is the problem most guys on /adv/ have and noone on /adv/ had really figured it out.
>>
>>17086566
Girls are flakey. This is known. Thinking that "Chad" gets girls flocking to him without effort is a myth perpetuated by the cuck virgins of /r9k/. It doesn't matter what kind of a guy you are, chances are high that a girl will lose interest sooner rather than later.

It's just a big numbers game. Don't fixate on one girl. Try, and if she rejects you, move on.
>>
>>17086266
they probably dont try and get girls. even if a guy is really great, he still needs to approach girls and have the confidence to ask them out. i have been single for over a year even though i am considered good looking, nice and smart, because i havent tried.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 960x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 960x584
>>17086602

>tfw
>>
>>17086592
Yeah im not down with that whole r9k or redpill thing because i think its dumb thinking some dudes can pull girls with no problems whatsoever
Some guys have more success than others yes but youre bound to get rejected no matter who you are

I dont fucking want it to be so hard, dating should be fun and getting to know someone!
Not this whole horrid barren desert filled with nothing but brokenhearted rejection
Why cant it be fun?
>>
>>17086609

Because women are calculating sociopathic cunts who control dating and love mind games.
>>
>>17086592
>myth perpetuated by the cuck virgins of /r9k/.
they remind me of eliot rodger. "why dont give me love" because you dont try mate. chad gets girls because he is confident enough to ask them out.
>>
>>17086608
we should have the same standards but we only really care about getting our cock wet. it only makes sense that girls would want guys to have standards like that. it would be incredibly retarded if insecure, poor, weak guys where pulling pussy all the time.
>>
>>17086622
What good would that do? we need girls to lower their standards, not increase standards from guys viewpoint
>>
>>17086217
I must be the Lonely Intellectual haha

This list is hilarious though, because it's actually pretty true.
>>
>>17086644
Absolutely not. I've at least done some work on improving myself and to become desirable to girls. Why the hell should they suddenly become attracted to autistic fat basement-dwellers who have never worked for anything in their lives? The world doesn't work that way.

Girls don't need to lower their standards. You need to up yours.
>>
>>17086644
nah, i disagree. its our own fault that its this way. girls can do this shit because we will try to get on any that will put out. you would do the same if you had the option. Women having high standards motivates success. If women had low standards, men would feel less of a need to improve themselves. and anyway, womens standards are not that high. if you're average looking, confident and have social skills, you can get a decent amount women
>>
>>17086666
nice digits
Anyways, would you mind telling me what im doing wrong then?
Im 28, got a steady part time job while im going for my bachelors( not american but equivalent to) Ive been working out my entire life in various sports and finally settled down with martial arts and gym training two years ago.
My standards for girls are basically only that she has a warm personality, if she is fun and smiles ill ask her out and this approach has landed me in a place where its been a year since my last date

How would upping my standards improve this scenario? i cant find someone who meets the requirements i have right now
>>
File: neg-pos.jpg (25 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
neg-pos.jpg
25 KB, 365x365
hey /adv

how do i get friends other than a girlfriend at uni?

I have a girlfriend but I dont think it will last much longer, the university I am at is very cliquey and everyone already has their own friendship groups.

Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>17086694
>i cant find someone who meets the requirements i have right now
thats because men will fuck regardless of how successful the women is. if a majority of men upped there standards it would make a difference, obviously you alone wont make much of one.
>>
>>17086701
Well i know that is the problem ofc, men are thirsty beasts and have no standards but like you said me alone wont make a difference
So there is litterally nothing i can do to improve my situation?
>>
>>17086681
Sorry friend, didnt see your post
Feel free to see >>17086694
since you seem to share opinions with the guy i replied to
>>
>>17086694
I've been in the same boat as you, so hopefully I can have some insight. I'm older than you, and at your age I was pretty much in the same situation. I'm decent-looking, have a good career going, have a social life and friends, etc. I'm not demanding about what a girl is like. So why can't I get a girl?

The answer is that because it was bothering me so much, it ended up affecting my confidence in a negative way. I actually had an aura of desperation. I thought I was confident but I was not. And girls could sense that.

Slowly, over time, I realized that I need to man up and stop being a faggot. Instead of being desperate, I should be proud of what I am and what I have accomplished. I also had a big fear of rejection. Once I realized that, I started collecting rejections. Each one felt better than the last, until I could laugh off being rejected and move on.

Be proud of yourself, don't think about getting a girl, and then you will get them.
>>
>>17086718
well i cant think of anything, sorry. i havent dated a girl for a while because i cant find a decent girl. im quite happy being single though. maybe try going on nights out more and pull some girls? the girl you described doesent sound too hard to find.
>>
>>17086739

Not him but: do girls actually do any work in dating? If a guy is lonely he gets told "well no duh you're not rich/hot/tall/X/Y/Z". If a girl is lonely (they can't be but still) it's cause there are no good men left :(
>>
>>17086758
you have been listening to the people on /r9k/ too much
>>
>>17086770

So what effort do they put in then?
>>
>>17086758
Oh yes, they do. A girl who has undesirable qualities will get dates easier than a guy does, but she will be dumped fast. I think that's the main difference between guys and girls. Guys will chance almost anyone on at least a first date, and reject the girl only after. Girls will be all interested in a guy but flake out at the last minute before actually going on the date.
>>
>>17086739
Thanks, thats actually helpful
Last gf i had crushed my self esteem, litterally took joy in it too
Last thing she said was "I dont want to touch you because youre gross so take your stuff and leave" didnt really care much at the time but it really sunk in later on as i slipped into isolation
Ill keep my chin up, thanks again bro

>>17086744
My mate told me the same thing when i told him i wanted a girl who was shorter than me and warm personality and i told him its the hardest thing ive ever done, i cant find a single one.
>>
>>17086777
Girls have to put in an effort to be desirable. Physical or mental. It's not hard for any girl to get a guy talking to her, but if she's an annoying superficial bitch, most guys will turn away pretty fast.
>>
>>17086801

But as we've seen literally the only requirement is "don't be fat"
>>
>>17086777
Im the guy with all the problems so my 2 cents might not be worth much but i think girls dont need to put in any effort to get laid
however the majority of girls play an entirely diffrent game and they look for commitment instead of casual sex, getting that from a guy if you carry unattractive features is hard
Harder than getting dates as a guy? probably not but do you really think a girl with unattractive features can get a commited boyfriend?
>>
>>17086822

>with unattractive features get a bf

Yes. That jawless woman off Reddit, that limbless who's posted here, etc.

Life as a woman is literally "custom built bf on demand". Life as a sub 10/10 man is begging for scraps.
>>
>>17086818
To get guys talking to her. To date her? It takes more than that. The only ones who would date any undesirable girl are the basement-dwellers of /r9k/ who have never even had a single date.

>>17086831
Seriously, you should either work on getting rid of that toxic mentality and never go to /r9k/ again, or get out of /adv/ and continue to wallow in misery in /r9k/. One will get you a gf, one will not.
>>
>>17086225
most people of /adv/ actually disagree with you, not to mention the language in that image seems like early 2010s.
>>
>>17086831
Outliers probably
You mean to tell me youve never heard of a guy rejecting a girl because she is overly jelous, needy, moody or whatnot?
This is why this place is so dangerous, no offence but the mentality is just toxic and breeds resentment
>>
>>17086863

What's so hard to understand that women collectively control dating?

>>17086850

>just stick your head back in the sand bro
>>
Do you ever meet someone, have a short conversation with them and then completely forget everything about them? Or, the opposite, do you talk for a few minutes with someone and you remember that person for months?

Well that's it. I don't know how to describe it, it's basically how ordinary you are, how noticeable you are. There are many things that can make you "extraordinary" and memorable, pretty much anything flashy you rarely see. And I don't mean only clothing, it can be anything, your attitude, your manner of speech, whatever. Think about it this way: if you put together 100 people, is there anything unique and memorable about you? If not, you need to find it.

I'm not saying this will make you attractive, it will only make you "visible".
>>
>>17086869
Well yes, women are the choosing sex so they control it but resenting them wont make it easier for one to succeed with them
feel free to prove me wrong on this but im pretty sure hating people for the power they have wont make them like you
>>
>>17086869
Seriously. You have been completely indoctrinated by /r9k/. The only way you will get a girl now is to stop going there immediately and let your mind heal.
>>
File: mvdd99.jpg (7 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
mvdd99.jpg
7 KB, 300x200
Sick at heart and lonely
Deep in dark despair
Thinking one thought only
Where is she, tell me where?
>>
File: love story.jpg (56 KB, 721x590) Image search: [Google]
love story.jpg
56 KB, 721x590
Hey /adv/ around 5 or 6 months ago I was in a casual relationship with a girl. It never got very serious at all but we were having great sex and that got her pretty into me. But mostly we were just having sex and at one point we didn't speak for a few weeks, probably because I got really busy or something. Little did I know, she had tested positive for Chlamydia around this point. I think she believed that I had given it to her (actually not true since I tested negative), so until I had gotten the test results and told her about it she seemed kind of mad at me. So a week after this whole fiasco I start getting really sick and end up having mononucleosis, which really sucked for 2-3 weeks. She texted me at this point but I just didn't respond because I felt like shit. I never really have sex ever, but since I was getting it at this point I guess I assumed that would be the norm from now on. So in lieu of the mono and chlamydia and the fact that I didn't think we had a whole lot in common I let her go and was just very cold generally. She sent me an angry text message about how I only used her for sex and all that and I apologized, told her I was going through stuff, and cut contact.
Now I kind of realize while we weren't super similar but we were similar enough, i have alot more in common with her than most people I know. Also in the past 6 months I've had one brief and unsatisfying sexual encounter. We had awesome sex so I am hoping I can somehow re initiate contact with her and maybe even start an actual relationship. I'm tired of being so alone. Any thoughts regarding if this is a good idea and how I should go about it?
>>
>>17086972
Text her with, "Hey, how's the chlamydia coming along."
>>
>>17086266
They're probably timid. A timid guy doesn't ever get women. There's no deeper reason for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 712x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 712x615
>>17087047

>tfw

Also part of why women can never be lonely
>>
>>17087059
yeah but its only desperate guys who would settle for a girl like this unless she is really good looking
>>
>>17086882
>women are the choosing sex so they control it but resenting them wont make it easier for one to succeed with them
I resent it but I avoid them romantically so it all works out. feelsgoodman
>>
>>17086907
Sick in mind and desperate
Creepy little boy
Thinking one thought only
Where is my girl, my toy?
>>
>>17086217
Should just make a new one

The Solitary Monk

People who just ask for vague and overall life advice like how to date or be happy and then bitch about the stupid answers they get as "not the answer they seek"
>>
>>17087059
Shy girls need work in the relationship, as well

and you're only double the asshole to break an already shy girl's heart and make her even more shy

Unfortunately that also happens to shy guys which is why everyone is miserable.

Which is why MAN UP AND LEARN AND DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS AND GET HOBBIES are actual, real advice given, because the odds ARE stacked against you as a guy, whether you want to meme about it or not, so if you're not at a place you want to be, you have to work yourself out of it
>>
>>17086061
Manlet
>>
>>17087116
I'd rather just live my current life to be honest with you family. Why are people so desperate for a woman they're willing to change who they are? That's even sadder. If you want to develop yourself that's great, but to do it for the purpose of attracting a woman is pathetic.
>>
>>17086863
As a recent new person to /adv/ I would have to agree. I'm a dude, decent looking, 6'3, working on my masters, have an amazing internship (GS-5), and a girlfriend of 4 years. Even with all that going for me, reading all this shit over the past few days or so is taking its toll. I see truth in all of it, sure, but as you said, it breeds resentment and is toxic. I feel like dwelling on this shit only amplifies the issue.
>>
File: 1461799667706.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461799667706.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
Swear to god. I'm only 20, so obviously I've never been with "real adult womyn" but this has always been my experience. But I'm told from reliable sources that women after 30 can't feel love anyway, and just want a human ATM
>>
>>17087121
Wholeheartedly agree

Same reason why girls spend all their money and time on appearance and socializing. Some people really don't want to be alone, m8, and that is very acceptable and human
>>
>>17087126
You heard it on /adv/ first folks: Truth breeds resentment and toxicity.
>>
>>17087059
>women can never be lonely
You disappoint me, Boner-Boy. All these months of serial reposting, and it's still so easy to goad you into shitting out your catchphrase.
>>
>Ctrl F r9k
>21 matches
Cmon ladies enough with this meme please? Most NEETs are lonely guys but not all lonely guys are NEET. Not even most of them.
>>
>>17087074
>Not knowing good music. You new age degenerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mQkFpkShg
>>
>>17087151
>Cmon ladies enough with this meme please?
Truth hurts, don't it? Which is also a meme.

>Most NEETs are lonely guys but not all lonely guys are NEET. Not even most of them.
True, but the NEETs are really easy to spot. They suck at hiding it, pretty much by definition: if they developed the discipline, stability, and acumen with people required to hide it, they'd cease to be NEET.

We get plenty of legitimately lonely guys here on/adv/. We have for years. But they don't act like the /r9k/ raiders do. They don't act like you do. And this is why we're able to treat them differently.

Although, really, we don't treat them differently. We give both the /r9k/ crowd and the legitimately lonely the advice they need. They just need different advice. The legit lonely guys often need advice on where to go, how to approach, what to do, and so forth, and they get it. The only advice the /r9k/ crowd needs is to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>17087151
Pro tip: only guys bring up /r9k/

Girls that post here don't even know what /r9k/ is and if they do then they're not desirable females in the first place.
>>
>>17087199

I've been scrolling this thread and dude you are worse than Reality was...fucking tripfaggots I swear.
>>
>>17087199
>the discipline, stability, and acumen with people required to
>acumen
By these standards your own low-quality post qualifies as NEET
>>>/r9k/
>>
This thread is seriously depressing. I've never had any luck with women and I can see why. I'm average at best, and if even average or below women want the best 10/10 guy they can find, I don't see why I should even bother anymore since I'll never live up to them.
>>
>>17087199
hey man I have medical issues. Im NEET because I just dont want even the chance to deal with assholes, not because im social inept

Not arguing against your point, but I am supporting the other guy that not all are self hating angry asspies
>>
>>17086326
>reasoning isn't your strong point
What was I suppose to argue with? Your childish language? You believe that to be an acceptable argument?
>>
>>17086789
>last girl crushed my self esteem
Most young women I know are awfully cruel like this. Its tough man. I don't mind an edge but these girls I meet are so fucking brutal. I've had to distance myself from so many women because of this.
>>
>>17086405
Don't call me a little kid when you watch leafyishere, you have no right, fagboy. Also, you spent time writing that hypocritical comment without realizing what you are.
>>
>>17087254
>hey man I have medical issues.
No you don't. The disability community avoids the term NEET like the plague. As well they should; they don't deserve to be lumped in with the hikikomori and basement-dwellers the term NEET was invented for.

>Im NEET because I just dont want even the chance to deal with assholes, not because im social inept
Your search for a place without assholes has led you to 4chan? I've got some bad news for you, senpai.
>>
>>17087222
>you are worse than Reality was...fucking tripfaggots I swear
Hey, don't lump me in with people who use trips. Never used one. Don't need one. I don't even use this name except in redpill threads (modulo the occasional slip-up; I'm still fairly new to the whole name thing).

>By these standards your own low-quality post qualifies as NEET
Um... I really don't follow. Could you elaborate? Among other things, I don't try to pretend to be multiple people. In fact, I use the name specifically to avoid giving the impression that I'm multiple people. Because really, how pathetic is sock-puppeting an anonymous forum?
>>
>>17087495

Dude, you are roleplaying a janitor or mod on 4chan.org...get ahold of yourself.
>>
>>17087498
>Dude, you are roleplaying a janitor or mod on 4chan.org...
In their absence, somebody has to.

>get ahold of yourself.
Hold on; you think I'm mad? I admit I'm annoyed at Boner-Boy in particular, yes. But honestly? This is fun.
>>
>>17087647

>its up to me to defend boards.4chan.org/adv from a cross board raid...somebody's gotta do it

Jesus Christ and I thought I spent too much time here
>>
>>17087304
No I don't?
How do I even respond to that? Yes I do, since birth

>the community
Where do I even begin to ask how anyone just assumes you are a part of some community by association. I go on 4chan for that exact purpose, anonymous and no identity whatsoever. I am neither employed or in school, there is no other way to say it.

I don't know, assuming things and deciding who or what someone is is insufferable and arrogant, I have nothing more to tell you other than suggest you fix your attitude.
>>
>>17087151
It's not a meme though, despite the damage control /r9k/ raiders try. Anyone who has spent some time on /r9k/ can easily pick out the posters who are from there.

There is no denying that in the past few weeks/months, there has been a huge surge in /r9k/ posters. They bring with them anger, bitterness, denial, and above all, refusal to take any responsibility. Their only response to anything is more angry denial, whether it's about women or something else.
>>
>>17086061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t966lVrHEzo&t=58m50s
Puts it pretty well.
Just the way people work in general.
>>
>>17086061
Lack of action. Lack of happiness in your own life.
>>
What scares me is that your either completely invisible or women are all over you. I used to be skinnyfat, and a poor dresser, and most women would treat me indignantly. Some were neutral, but most would ignore you completely in conversation. The only times they'd ever talk to you is if they needed help with something, and god, don't even SUGGEST that you find someone attractive. Anyone who isn't sexually attractive isn't allowed to have a sexuality according to women apparently. It's "creepy" or whatever.

Now I'm in shape, dress decent, and I have my height going for me, and honestly I kind of want to go back. I see women actively shit on tons of guys, including their boyfriends. I've seen my best friend get berated for being short without any provocation, to his face. Women have flirted with me in front of their boyfriends. My former roommate's girlfriend broke up with him. This guy's 6'4, handsome and one of the most genuine people I have ever met, and she flirted with me in front of him as soon as they broke up. Honestly, this guy's nicer, taller and handsomer than me. I don't get it.

I'm sure there's some genuine women out there, but I'm just so tired. I'm tired of getting huge laughs from the same stale jokes I've always made, or worse, having to repeat something cool another guy said because literally every girl ignored him.
>>
>>17089171

>tfw
>>
>>17089171
>>17089171
>or worse, having to repeat something cool another guy said because literally every girl ignored him.

I don't want to live where you live. I go to a community college in the midwest and some ugly 50 yr old semi-cripple had all the cute teen girls there in stitches with his comments during class the other day. They'll laugh at/pay attention to anyone.
>>
>>17086698
What interests do you have?
Try to find people who share them. See if anything clicks. If not, move on to the next interest. You still have the previous connections from the last effort.
>>
>>17086061
nigga you kinda dumb. if youre an alpha male you can make a women squirt spagetti if you catch her off guard. also, if youre 'too alpha (as in you seem like an asshole/arrogant)' shell literally go for the next best just to cut undercut you.
>>
>>17089171

this

I'm not bad looking easygoing dude with a lot of charisma. And oftentimes I feel like I'm invisible to girls but all this changes at the moment I am in any kind of relationship. Then all girls are all over me.

I think the old saying "women dont know what they want untill they see it in some other woman hands" is entriely true.

Sadly I'm out of gfs right now so I need to try 10x as much to get one. I'm sabotaging myself by trying not to be a douchebag - ie jumping from one girl to another.
>>
>>17089480
>I'm sabotaging myself by trying not to be a douchebag - ie jumping from one girl to another.

Being a dbag is like cutting in line or not respecting elders and shit. This is just being pragmatic
>>
>>17089480
I do NOT understand where you guys find your girls, seriously
Ive been in a relationship most of my adult life (from 17-28) and girls didnt flirt more with me during this time, in fact most girls knew i had a gf so they backed off and stopped once they found out
I have a theory about this and its that girls feel "safe" around a guy who has a gf so they can be more friendly to him and most guys interpret this as flirting
Hell, i got guy friends who INSIST girls want them when i know for a fact they do not
(before you ask "oh how do you know" its because i her him say she wants the dick and how he sent her topless pics and when i ask her about it she tells me he is creepy and that she is just being polite)

TL:DR I dont think that is the case because of subjective interpretation
>>
>>17089577

let me tell you about this one nigth I was out in a dancing club.

I only went there because my drunk friends insisted and I'm a total bro so I went so they dont get jumped completly drunk on the floor.

I just sat there bored drinking beer watching the dance floor. Then I noticed this bloke trying so hard to be alpha dancing with some qt he was all over her and they danced even when noone else did. At some point a friend of the girl aproached them and she wanted to dance with the bloke but he refused. She tried couple more times and the bloke wasnt interested. She was looking sad and just stood there at the dance floor watching them dance. Some other dude aproached the girl and I saw how he invited her to dance but she completly ignored him went back to her table put on the jacket and went out.
>>
>>17086091
>So you are aware of every woman in your vicinity whether or not you like her or are attracted to her?
Not OP but I would say yes. I have certain social difficulties, but like anyone with limitations my other abilities have grown stronger to compensate. I can't remember names at all and I often fail to notice people when walking by them, but when i'm standing or sitting still I notice everyone around me. Especially the girls, since they tend to be more interesting; less cookie-cutter, less repetitive than the guys.

There is nobody I don't notice.
And I'm looking most carefully for the introverts, nerds, the anxious and awkward ones. Would be nice to find a friend.
>>
>>17088248
>No I don't?
>How do I even respond to that? Yes I do, since birth
And you were never put into contact with the disabled community? I'm really sorry to hear that, but beyond that, it seems I owe you an apology for making assumptions. I should not have done that, and I am sorry.

That said, my point about 4chan being a poor place to look for "a place without assholes" stands. Even outside /r9k/ and /pol/, the site runs thick with them; I'm sure there are many who would call me an asshole too.

And your statement that you don't want there to be any risk whatsoever of encountering an asshole gives me pause. That sounds an outright phobia: a reasonable fear at its core, taken beyond reasonable levels. You need help, and not of a sort that a place like /adv/ really provide. Even when we aren't being raided.

>I am neither employed or in school, there is no other way to say it.
It's been my experience that most disabled people prefer to leave the work/education situation implicit.

But I agree with you that the NEET term is inadequate. It was created speficially to refer to the basement-dwellers, but fails to capture that by not saying anyrhing about why someone is out. As I said, disabled persons do not generally deserve to be lumped in with hikikomori (unless they actually fit both categories, but I wouldn't expect to find more hikikomori among the disabled than in the general population, propirtionally speaking). The problem is figuring out how to replace a one-syllable word with something more precise.
>>
>>17089577
Another thing that happens... Some people say girls "sense" when guys get in a relationship and hit on them more. More likely scenario is the guy isn't going around hitting on everyone, and not looking for a hook up makes him more attractive.
>>
>>17089604
And this proves...what exactly?
Im not connecting the dots here at all, maybe she wasnt into the guy asking her out at all?
Did you know them? Im asking because there could be lots of things going on between them that you dont know

Even if so, lets just assume if you got rejected by some girl you wanted a turn with would you jump on the next girl who wanted to dance?
Prolly not, youd prolly be kind of hurt and opening up at that time is not something humans usually do
>>
>>17089623

no this was just an example. Look around you. Why married guys have easier time getting girls? Is it because of the power of the ring?
>>
>>17089620
There's also the fact that a guy who gets taken suddenly becomes a scarce commodity.
It's simple economics: increased demand pushes up the value of a limited good.

A girl may think "i'll wait till he notices me" or "i'll go with him if this new guy disappoints me", but when some other girl shows her interest or claims ownership, she realizes that she needs to make her move or risk losing him for good.
>>
>>17089629
Uhm, i think its a logical fallacy aswell
Married guys might have an easier time getting girls because they are attractive to girls, prolly the reason they became married in the first place
Look, obviously neither of us can prove thi either way but i still think its very unlikely girls openly think "oh i simply must have a guy who is already taken since that means he is girl approved" or whatever bullshit the TRP crew runs with (yes i have read that)
I think its far more likely that attractive guys attract girls and they dont become unattractive to every single girl simply because they are taken
>>
>>17089645
I dont know if im talking to two people here but anyway
Thats not how economics, scarcity or supply and demand works my friend
What youre saying is like saying one iphone can be called scarce, there are miilions of it and hundreds of substitutes and for guys sure she might lose one man but most girls have atleast five or ten guys she considers/dates at a time
This is heavy theorycrafting so assumptions will be made
>>
>>17089656
>I dont know if im talking to two people here but anyway

Yeah you are
>but most girls have atleast five or ten guys she considers/dates at a time

no they dont. Most free girls are free because they dont date. They are just waiting for their prince charming swooping throught the window and when some average dude just asks them out they just turn him down. But taking some other girls bf is an adventure almost no girl is strong enough to refuse.
>>
>>17089671
Ok, good that we could clear that up
I appreciate that most girls can get laid/a bf anytime they want and thus thats boring and that taking another girls bf would actually present a challenge so youre right in that aspect but like i said, i dont think this happens on a large scale
Some accounts of girls flirting with their friends bf could be explained by this but i doubt this is commonplace.

It doesnt make sense to assume most girls dont date, think about it. Most average girls on dating sites gets hundres of messages weekly and then we dont include face to face or other social media. Do you really think none of those hundreds of guys get a date from her? ofc they do
Is she satisfied with them though? then you could make the argument her high standards cause her to reject the guy but she does go on dates
>>
>>17089650
>"oh i simply must have a guy who is already taken since that means he is girl approved"
Different anon but I wondered about the logic behind that.
If guys are judged by their status, and money is part of that.. Doesn't having more partners means he's more likely to have more children to care for? Which would mean less resources overall, therefore not a good mate to raise a family with.
Sort of parallels guys not wanting a girl who sleeps around so he isn't raising someone else's kid. It's more beneficial for the woman to have the man end up with another woman and kids to support.

Neither should actually gain value from sleeping around.
>>
>>17089689
Yeah me too
My exgf told me that if she found out i had kids with my first gf(we talked about her and i mentioned we planned on having kids) she wouldnt have considered me at all
Ive heard this from many girls aswell that a guy who has kids prior to them is a big nono

Many of the redpill things dont make sense and youve found one of em
>>
>>17089711
Because women expect (and rightfully so) for their partner to spend all of his time and love on the kids they created in their relationship. Some other woman's kid is a distraction and a threat to the new woman's family. Single moms tend to be more forgiving of single dads because they are in the same boat. If you're a woman without kids and have the option of dating a single dad, fuck no. You're going to deal with some other woman's bullshit the rest of your life. There are so many men out there without kids/baggage, that there's no reason to settle for the crap.
>>
you arent really invisible
im average and i had some girls crushing on me for some unkown reason
>>
>>17086217
wheres the carpenter?
>>
>>17089711
>Many of the redpill things dont make sense and youve found one of em

I've said before, it's basically like people who half follow a religion. They pick and chose what parts relate to them, ignore inconsistencies, then preach to other people that they've found the answer.

And some things do make sense, but are more of "/adv/ psychology 101" thing.
Like not texting someone, suddenly changing how you act and playing a hot/cold game to get them interested
Generally if a person suddenly starts treating you differently, you wonder why. That probably comes up every day on /adv/. Girl/guy isn't responding as much what happened what do I do what DID i do? Doesn't automatically make them interested if they weren't already, it might make them interested in finding out what changed though.

A relatively simple idea, they just add more trigger words.
>>
Anyone find that taking an antidepressant helps with all this?
>>
>>17090312
I find that ignoring the thread helps.
>>
>>17090314

I can't be the only one who feels like most of the dating game bullshit is, well, bullshit. Just be yourself yeh?
>>
>>17090320

Rule 1: Be attractive
Rule 2: Don't be unattractive

How many astronauts do you think get rejected?
>>
>not basement dwelling neckbeards

Then WHY THE FUCK are you asking 4chan?
>>
>>17090380

The vast majority of people here are "normies" by 4chan standards. The fact that you get made fun of on here for saying you like anime proves this.
>>
>>17086739
I feel like I've seen this exact post before. Is this pasta?
>>
>>17087137
That wasn't what he said. He said that wallowing in it rather than accepting it, shrugging and moving on causes toxicity.
>>
File: IMG__201604120__070143.jpg (261 KB, 620x1066) Image search: [Google]
IMG__201604120__070143.jpg
261 KB, 620x1066
>>17086061
>>
>>17086061
Hypergamy
TFM has a kind of crash course about it on YouTube and it gives a view clear as day about female nature
>>
>>17086758
We do, and there is a lot of fear of not being good enough to be dateable rather than fuckable. Why would a girl not be afraid of being taken advantage of and being fundamentally disrespected as a person?

It also seems to me that there IS an imbalance in women actively looking for relationships vs. men actively looking for relationships. I would rather actually know you before dating you, not get to know you by dating you. Not sure how other women feel about that though.

I was friends with my boyfriend long before I dated him, and I really think that's why our relationship has worked so well. My previous boyfriends were very possessive and spergy.

>>17086831
Have you ever been in a relationship at all? You can't have a successful one without a shit ton of work on both sides.

You sound like you're a little bit dehumanizing of women and living in another reality when it comes to dating due to your complete lack of experience.
>>
>>17090551
Fucking redpillers. Keep the cancer in the containment boards, creep.
>>
>>17090578

>I need to know you first before we go on a date
>except for Chad, duh

>imbalance
Where are all these women looking for relationships then ?

I've been in multiple relationships but I don't feel sorry for girls at all when they claim they're lonely or can't find a guy. The only thing worse about them playing on tutorial mode is them failing at it.
>>
>>17090578

>translation: I friendzone every guy and then pick one when I feel like it
>>
>>17090749
>>17090742
I don't friendzone every guy and pick from my friends at a whim. I had a fairly normal dating life during middle school/early high school where I just went out with guys who asked me out. I've found that I don't enjoy this process in comparison to forming a relationship slowly with someone with whom I share interests. I'm not saying this would work for everyone, and even said so in my previous post.

Funny you should mention Chads, because all of the guys I dated were shy, quiet types. We bonded over games and books, but they turned out to be insanely jealous faggots who couldn't see what was so irrational about their behavior or why I wouldn't just accept how controlling they were.

I've known my boyfriend since I was about 12. I met him online on a /b/ MSN thread, funny enough. We both lied about our age to one another and eventually owned up. We were in a LDR through my time in college and now we've lived together for about 4 years.

I'm sorry for being unclear- I mean that more men are actively looking for relationships than women and that is probably a part of why so many are struggling.

Either way, I think it's sad that you wouldn't feel sorry for someone who is lonely. Regardless of gender, it's very hard to find a person who is compatible with you.
>>
>>17090904

Only replying to the last part:

It may be hard to find someone but it's a hell of a lot easier as a woman, like 3x easier, and I really couldn't give a shit about some cunt that literally has to show up and gets to reject guys at will. Lonely men get mocked, lonely women get swept off their feet. It's schadenfreude that for once they get to experience a fraction of dating as a man.
>>
>>17090578
>>17090904
Care to go into detail about what "possessive and spergy" means?
>>
>>17090926
I'll just describe the worst one rather than write you an essay on all of them. He did things like constantly calling me in class to make sure I was there just because I wasn't in the same class as him. I mean literally five or six times a day, and it wasn't like a bookish nerdy kid like me was really known for skipping class to go fuck around.

He didn't want me to be in school clubs or to go out with my female friends (he said that there might be boys there).

This stuff came on very gradually, at the start of my dating him he seemed pretty normal.

The cringiest thing he did was start constantly announcing to people that I was his girlfriend. I didn't have a problem telling people we were dating, but he would actually ANNOUNCE it for no reason mid conversation.

I'll admit that I did most of my dating when I was pre-college, so a lot of the boys were pretty immature, but holy shit. I tried to give him a chance for months and it just got worse.
>>
>>17090969
Yeah, that sounds like something I did in middle school haha. Most guys mellow out later in life, but that isn't to say they don't entirely cease being kinda jealous. It's understandable for them, but also understandably annoying when you have to put up with it.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.