[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I trust a guy who doesn't want to add me as a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: photo.png (249 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
249 KB, 512x512
Should I trust a guy who doesn't want to add me as a friend on facebook and doesn't want me to have his phone number after two months? I asked that should I worry about these things and he said no since he uses facebook only like once a week and we don't need to change phone numbers cause we can chat on twitter. He doesn't want me to visit his place but he lives with his mother and brother but said the reason he doesn't want me there is that he would have to clean up the place. He seems a bit inexperienced with real relationships.
Still, I've been lied to before and I think that the guy wants me to be his girlfriend soon. I don't want to be cheated on again.
Also, he opened up to me couple days ago and told me that he is afraid that I will get bored of him like all the other girls.
So should I trust his reasons for these things and stop worrying?
>>
...how hard to you have to shove your head in the sand to not know this guy is playing you hard?

His excuses are so laughably stupid, it should be insulting to you. Jesus Christ, he's more of a walking shamble of red flags than he is human
>>
Sounds like a manchild with a healthy dose of fear and insecurity. You can do better.
>>
>>17085784
So you think there is no chance that he is just being honest? I don't get what the real reason could be, like does he have a girlfriend? Or maybe an ex he wants to get back with but doesn't want her to know about me? Fucking fuck I am getting so sick of this boys or men or what ever
>>
>>17085790
I don't know, if he's not hiding something it's just a really weird way to act in general. I honestly can't see the logic in any of those things, you have very sound reasons to be skeptical.
>>
>>17085790
In this case, wouldn't honesty be just as bad?
>>
>>17085795
Yeah.. My ex who cheated on me for two years did add me on facebook and had our relationship status visible, he would let me use his phone, computer and ipad even though he was cheating. So honestly I find it hard to know if someone is trustworthy. But when I compare this to my ex, this is going well. I don't have that weird feeling with him that I had with my ex. I wasn't sure I wanted to be with the ex but with this guy I feel like I want to.
And this guy does call me his girl and everything, so it's not exactly a secret that we see each other and bang. But then again.. Why would anyone be this weird about just some facebook and phone number?
>>
Anyone got any experience with this kind of stuff? ;_;
>>
Sorry, you seem nice and I don't want you to be disappointed
>>
How stupid can you be? He doesn't want anyone knowing about you or you knowing about him.
>>
>>17085938
So should I just tell him "Hey I won't be seeing you anymore because you don't give me your number or add me on facebook?"
I'm just scared that he is being honest and I'm the insecure one :x
>>
>>17085954
>I'm just scared that he is being honest
Which would be just as bad. FFS, you're talking about a guy who says he doesn't want you to visit because he doesn't want to clean his room.
>>
>>17085776

Is he from a religious family? That might explain things.

Careful his family doesn't honor kill you and all that.

Regardless, it seems sketchy as fuck. Facebook I can understand, but phone number?

Nah, sketchy as fuck- dump dump dump
>>
>>17086113
Not religious. Well, I think I will just keep on seeing him but if he ever wants us to be something serious I will tell him that I won't do it because it is too suspicious. At least I get some d :3
>>
This guy sounds like a real loser, so I wouldn't worry about him cheating on you or anything suspicious like that. The facebook thing I can sort of understand, but the other stuff is just kinda dumb. Are you sure he actually has a phone number? He might not be able to afford phone service.

> He doesn't want me to visit his place but he lives with his mother and brother but said the reason he doesn't want me there is that he would have to clean up the place.
How old is he? You should make him clean it up one time and take you there, but let him know you don't have to hangout there again if he's not comfortable with that.
>>
>>17086253
He has a phone number but for example when we talked about this he showed me some of his messages. Also he doesn't use any lock on his phone.
I know he is kind of a loser. But honestly I am not much better. He is 21 and I am 22 so I am one year older.
>>
>>17086262
You're the only sex he's going to be getting anytime soon, so you can start making some reasonable demands like exchanging numbers and visiting his house once.

>>17085786
>Sounds like a manchild with a healthy dose of fear and insecurity.
Yes. Just make him get over it, it will be better for both of you.
>>
>>17086262
I have experience with this. Leave now. I know you know that something is up but people like him will manipulate you so quickly. I'm sure if you mention something about it he makes a semi-convincing excuse and then changes the subject quickly...probably to something that will make you laugh or something that is thought-provoking. If he can keep you interested when there are bright red flags than he is a manipulator. Get out of it. Please don't waste your time on him. Find someone who wants you involved in his life.

Let me ask you this... Does he only communicate or see you at certain times and usually on his schedule?
>>
>>17086289
If you are going to keep up with this charade...make demands.
>>
>>17086289
I don't feel like I have the right to demand him anything really. I don't think he can demand anything from me either.

>>17086293
Hmm yeah it is on his schedule but then again he is the one who always comes to my place. I was kind of afraid at one point that he was in it just for the sex but after that he said that he doesn't want me too feel that way and that we wouldn't have to have sex so often and he doesn't initiate it unless he knows that I want it too.
Also the fact that he is so calm and understanding when I talk about these fears is so weird, when I suspected my cheating ex he blew up on me and blamed me for being insecure. This guy is just like "Hey, you're the only girl in my life, there is nothing going on that you should worry about".
I have good feeling about him but I do know that not adding on facebook and not giving phone number are red flags. But those are the only weird things.
>>
>>17086327
I know 4chan is huge and there is more than one guy like this but where did you meet him?
>>
>>17086338
Huh? We met in school, he doesn't use 4chan (that I know of)
>>
>>17086347
Oh, ok. Good. Thank you for that peace of mind.
>>
>>17086350
You fear it was your guy or you? Where you from?
>>
>>17086327
Maybe you should try cat fishing him.
>>
>>17086355
Too creepy and dishonest.
>>
>>17086327
>I don't feel like I have the right to demand him anything really.
You're only asking for very basic things here, but if you don't want to, it's fine, I wouldn't be suspicious of him. You should be trying to encourage him to improve his life and stop being such a baby about everything though.

>He has a phone number but for example when we talked about this he showed me some of his messages.
He's probably on that pay per minute/text plan and doesn't want you blowing up his phone bill, but can do twitter since it's over free wifi. Lol, so cheap, but whatever.
>>
>>17086357
Just remain guarded. If you think you are doing the right thing than continue but if things keep triggering doubt than pay attention to those triggers. I don't mean stay skeptical but just be aware. Be confident and don't let him know of your doubts. If he is playing you than he is going to feed off of your "insecurities". The truth is, if something fishy is going on he can only keep it up for so long.
>>
>>17086371
Nah he has internet all the time on and he doesn't use my wifi. Fuck it, maybe I will have to get cheated on one more time to fucking stop trusting men. We'll see what happens. But if he wants to be my boyfriend, then I will make demands.
>>
>>17086142
Jfc anything he doea to you you literally deserve you are completely asking for it.
>>
>>17086540
Then what should i do, stop seeing him because of facebook? It's not like I meet good guys daily and can just take my pick
>>
>>17085776
actually had a boyfriend like that, didnt want to clean up so didnt invite me over. dumped his ass.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.